predestination vs freewill

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Second adam born not of the law but of grace?
What I see is dead in Adam, raised to life in Christ. Before we were saved, we were in Adam. When we believe we are United with Christ. We were crucified with Him, raised with Him spiritually, and will bear the heavenly image in the resurrection.

That’s what I read. If you disagree, we can agree to disagree.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
the law is like the forbidden fruit desired to make one wise.Yet a stumbling block to many.new and old testament
We are dead to the Law, you are correct in that. Also, The Law reveals sin like a mirror so that we can flee to the Great Physician and healer of souls.

Peace.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Show me where Paul mention Eve in 1 Corinthians 15, and I’ll discuss it.
Mary, the mother of Jesus, was the second Eve. Eve was there to witness Adam's fall, Mary was there to give birth to and witness the second Adam's birth and humanities rise.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
No, Jesus did not teach soul sleep.

The answers you are asking me for are in those very texts. Every human is either in Adam or in Christ.

If you remain in Adam, you will perish

If you are in Christ, you will never perish.

Federal Headship.
1 Corinthians 15:22. Jesus is our federal head in Salvation.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Posting verses without explanation as to your understanding isn't helpful to this discussion.
The verses I post are very clear, especially when read in context. God’s word is better than our opinions.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Mary, the mother of Jesus, was the second Eve. Eve was there to witness Adam's fall, Mary was there to give birth to and witness the second Adam's birth and humanities rise.
Is that what 1 Corinthians 15: 21-22 teaches?

I don’t see any reference or even allusion to Mary in the text.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Yes, but what does that verse mean to you? What is it saying in relation to your posting it to answer my prior observation?
It means precisely what it says. There is no hidden meaning in the verse.

Aug 20, 2021
he being met·a·phor·i·cal those that can't understand metaphors are considered to have a handy cap.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Yes, but what does that verse mean to you? What is it saying in relation to your posting it to answer my prior observation?
What does the verse say about the condition man is born in?

Aug 20, 2021
from totality [ice cold] what does the toe say about the rest of the body?[sometimes nothing]

Feb 16, 2017
It's one thing to claim Christ. It's quite another as to whether or not we speak as if he knows us and we know him.
Here is the reality.
God knows everyone who is born again.
How can He not, as they are a SON<
If not, and you die, then you get this.....>"Depart from me, i never KNEW you". and that verse is speaking to spiritual pretenders who play a game of Christianity, but have never known the new birth.

Jesus said....."you must be born again".

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
It doesn’t matter what it means to me. What matters is what the author meant and intended, both what God and the man He used meant.

Almost always there were be one interpretation, though there are many applications of a text. The only time there is more than one meaning is in dual fulfillment prophecies.