Predestination.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Is Predestination existing saints to adoption/glorification, or sinners to conversion ?
I do take a position on this, but I'm sure of a good discussion which will hopefully include ' Eternal security ' assurance for the believer order of salvation and the components of salvation. ( ie : Apoption , calling , election , justification and the new birth )

Jun 11, 2020
Is Predestination existing saints to adoption/glorification, or sinners to conversion ?
I do take a position on this, but I'm sure of a good discussion which will hopefully include ' Eternal security ' assurance for the believer order of salvation and the components of salvation. ( ie : Apoption , calling , election , justification and the new birth )
Just give the verses that show predestination and we'll respond. Here is what I found and none of them say we are predestinated for salvation.

Romans 8:29, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

Romans 8:30, "Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Ephesians 1:5, "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Ephesians 1:11, "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will"

In Romans 8 the predestination is not to be saved, but to be conformed to the image of Christ. And in Ephesians the predestination is to be HEIRS by legally adopting us. Adoption is a legal status that makes you eligible for an inheritance. But I may have missed something.

E

eternally-gratefull

Just give the verses that show predestination and we'll respond. Here is what I found and none of them say we are predestinated for salvation.

Romans 8:29, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

Romans 8:30, "Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Ephesians 1:5, "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Ephesians 1:11, "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will"

In Romans 8 the predestination is not to be saved, but to be conformed to the image of Christ. And in Ephesians the predestination is to be HEIRS by legally adopting us. Adoption is a legal status that makes you eligible for an inheritance. But I may have missed something.
All of the things we are predestined to are based on the fact we are saved.

non of them are possible without salvation

predestination is based on the gospel, whoever calls on the name of the lord will be saved,

whether God knew who would do it (forknowledge) or god just predestined based on who would recieve the gospel But did not know them individually before time began, it still deals with the fact everyone who will enter Heaven was predestined before time began

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Agree 👍

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

The adoption is the redemption of the body . We recieve the Spirit of Adoption till then .23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. rom 8.23

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

5. Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

5. Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)
would you agree?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

I believe Ephesians 1.5 is predestined to the Adoption . which is explained in Rom 8.23 as the future redemption of the body ( glorification)

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The adoption is the redemption of the body . We recieve the Spirit of Adoption till then .23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. rom 8.23
Once you're in Christ, the Lord determines your future to receive the redemption of the body. You are now predestinated for the adoption. If you're not in Christ, you're future is yet to be determined.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
All of the things we are predestined to are based on the fact we are saved.

non of them are possible without salvation

predestination is based on the gospel, whoever calls on the name of the lord will be saved,

whether God knew who would do it (forknowledge) or god just predestined based on who would recieve the gospel But did not know them individually before time began, it still deals with the fact everyone who will enter Heaven was predestined before time began
Any verses you wish to discuss to confirm what your saying ?

Jan 12, 2019
Predestination is about time

We are born in the time dimension so it will always be hard for us to understand how God views time

It’s like asking a fish to explain what water is

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Predestination is about time

We are born in the time dimension so it will always be hard for us to understand how God views time

It’s like asking a fish to explain what water is
whats your take on the meaning of predestination in the verses its mentioned ?

E

eternally-gratefull

Any verses you wish to discuss to confirm what your saying ?
why don’t you prove me wrong. He posted verses and I showed how those verses were written to only saved people so in essence predestination includes salvation

is not the son who gets an inheritance?

is it not the son who will conformed to the image

How can this happen apart from salvation?

it can’t

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
why don’t you prove me wrong. He posted verses and I showed how those verses were written to only saved people so in essence predestination includes salvation

is not the son who gets an inheritance?

is it not the son who will conformed to the image

How can this happen apart from salvation?

it can’t
I believe that Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30) would you agree?

E

eternally-gratefull

I believe that Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30) would you agree?
Nope

because you can’t have one without the other

E

eternally-gratefull

John 6: 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

this is what I believe predestination. Is based on

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Predestination is simply the “End of the Road”.....Destiny.

There are two roads - one ends in Death and one ends in Life.

God told us to choose Life - that’s His Will for us but, we have to choose because God also wants us to love Him and love must always have a choice.

I choose Life in Christ...I am now on the Road predestined for Eternal Life with God. :love:(y)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
John 6: 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

this is what I believe predestination. Is based on
based on 'seeing' the Son , believing in him , recieve ever lasting life and being raised up on the last day ? So are we predestined to this taking place ?