Preparation - Spirit strengthening, fasting

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LovelyU

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
107
1
0
I feel I'm being prepared for something. Something that will require of me a strong spirit, love and faith with no fears and no flaws. On New Years Eve the Holy Spirit urged me to fast 7 days, today I began. I feel it is a renewal or cleansing of my spirit and that it is the beginning to the strengthening of it.

I love all and have an immense faith in God no one could dull. I still have fleshly flaws and fears to diminish but I feel this spirit strengthening is just another phase of learning. I still need to work on other things, but look forward to the outcome.
 
Hey!

I hope He grants you that cleansing. :rolleyes:

I seldom post when I´m fasting (I´m not fasting now). But I have kept personal records of those days and I have enjoyed myself His woks on me.

I like you, Mrs Lynn.
 
Thank you, I have never fasted before so it is a very new experience for me but I am so happy to be doing it, I feel like it is only the beginning, a spiritual awakening, but I like where it is heading.
 
Have youi read about fasting, before?

I have heard of those who felt it challenging. They say good things about it but, when you have it in "silence", in that secret (just for you and HIM) people will guess you are fasting because they see a "rare" light inside you (I don´t know how).

My friend, pastor Eduardo, has "guessed" I was fasting a couple of times (unless I said no to any of his wife´s meals).

Happy journey, then!
 
No I haven't read anything about fasting, I just have to do it. No-one knows only my fiance and children, and people on here. I wonder if others will notice something? Thank you :)
 
If you go out, you will be noticed by those you know telling "you are not the same". Some, with evil spirits, could tell anything I DON´T know.

When you get the third day, if you are fasting without water... You´ll tell me later on.

May HE GRANTS YOU whatever things HE KNOWS if you are taking BY HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

This time you are going to "DAYDREAM". When you pray, those "ideas" will come while you are alive, awaken (more than never).

Hope HE SPEAKS TO YOU DIRECTLY. :rolleyes:
 
On the third day, Sunday I took 3 glasses of water. Each to represent life in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I took these with prayer of thanks unto the Lord for his provision, for this world, for those I love, for his love, for Jesus Christ's lead, for all he has given mankind, for all of the sacrifices for us. It is day 5, since day 2 I have felt a warmth in my body and my skin. Last night I prayed, I wanted to acknowledge Mary and Joseph and asked to embrace them a moment to give thanks to them for bringing us our saviour into this world. I have been blinded through my fasting. I believe it has been necessary to be able to see even clearer, sometimes when we see or are able to acknowledge the Spirit others try to blind us by insisting it is imagination among many other things. I believe God is showing that it is not, that he comes to his discretion. I am also blinded to follow even in the dark, even without seeing or hearing. Will I continue to follow?

For eternity and beyond, even in the dark...
 
Even though I haven't eaten for this time I feel full. I feel calm and content inside out. I thought I would feel hungry and frustrated but I don't feel these things at all. I also thought it would be more difficult than it has been preparing meals for my family and feeding my daughter because of my love of food, but I prepared them some delicious meals, even our favorites without succumbing to temptation. Today I feel I could go on and on for the Lord, though I am looking forward to appreciating a hearty breakfast on Friday
 
This morning I felt a strange feeling on my forehead. Like a calm breeze in the centre of it, only here and no where else, it lasted maybe a minute or there about's.

(As I was writing this a vision came and I was in throne room. Usually in here my sight is limited, the sides of the room are fuzzy I can't see the entire room, only in front of me and what is directly next to me. Today I saw the whole room!! There are many seated on the left, He stood and said "You have pleased me" I had a short time to look around before the vision faded. I am humbled yet again!)
 
Last edited:
How amazing... I have done a fasting for 5 days and they have been wonderful experience. But I have not seen a vision the way you have, instead the lord has given me gifts of the spirit like the gift of prophecy and of science and healing.
 
I use it whenever the Spirit leads me but not all the time, only when he guides me too
 
Those are all very wonderful gifts! :) This is the first time I have been guided to fast. It has been a great experience for me! It is the 7th day today and my spirit feels well nourished. I feel privileged for having been able to prepare meals for my family and for the nourishment God has provided us here. I'm pleased that I stuck it through and didn't succumb to temptations. I think overall the experience has taught me that my spirit is stronger than myself and so is it's will for God. It has also given me a greater appreciation for the abilities I have to do normal everyday things like eat and drink and my body's functioning, preparing meals for my loved ones, such basic things we don't think about too often. I'm greatful for the experience and would definitely do it again in the future if guided to :)