Pressure to have sex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BobbieMae

As a single woman, I have decided to quit being pressured into having sex because the guy says that he cannot wait. I have never met a Christian man, let alone any man that thinks it's okay to wait. I have been told that maybe they can wait awhile, but not forever, after all they are grown men who have had sex already and cannot go back to not having sex with someone they are attracted to. Men and women alike have been so accustomed to movies and television and books with the characters jumping into bed so quickly. No one seems to think sex is something more than just taking care of a physical need.

I just broke off a potential relationship today with a man because he made it clear that he doesn't want to wait and take it slow. I'm recently divorced and don't want to jump into a relationship that this man says basically his physical needs come first.

I'm really sad and disappointed that he turned out that way. At least he was honest...

Does anyone want to wait before jumping into bed anymore????

The funny thing is that even at my age I am finding the same thing true. I just had to end a relationship for the same exact reason. I am sad too, but hopeful. I know the Lord will bring the right one, I just need to wait for Him. I read something today that resonated with me -- there is greater pain in sin than righteousness. It is sometimes painful to do the right thing but it is ALWAYS more painful to do the wrong thing.

Hang in there, trust Him. He is always true.