Pro-womb homicide liberal Americans seek to attack innocent unborn overseas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

I do believe in a womens right to chose to terminate the pregnancy, it's not like it's something people who are "for" legal (and not late term) abortion enjoy what abortion is or that it happens.
So killing is okay as long as you don't enjoy it?

Aug 8, 2010
No, it's "okay" as long as it's within the law. That law should include that there are no late term abortions and specify when it is no longer an option.

J

Jullianna

No, it's "okay" as long as it's within the law. That law should include that there are no late term abortions and specify when it is no longer an option.
Whose law? God's or man's?

Aug 8, 2010
Man, Christianity should not be making the laws for the nation, although I do know some Jewish folks who believe up until 40 days after conception abortion is "ok" usually for the sake of the mother.

J

Jullianna

I asked whether you were talking about God's law (not Christianity) or man's law. But, if you mean that man, rather than God should make the laws for a nation, why? What does man know that God does not? And why would the hebrews play a part in it? I know people who call themselves christians who think it's okay to blow people up too... Not following the logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

Man's law, clearly. I have yet to see God put his name on the ballot.

Tablet/ballot.... tomato/tomahto, but you're probably not that old.

Pretty sure that's covered in the First Amendment, here in America.
Are you talking about the amendment that bans interference by the state into matters of faith? This part?? So, you agree that the government shouldn't be spending the tax money paid in by christians to fund abortion? Cool :) But, the problem is that these laws were also written by men, so...merry go round time, right?

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wasn't that written by the same guys who wrote this?

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Although, I don't want to assume that we are only talking about the USA here...

And the knowledge that man possesses that God does not would be????

W

Wesley

Tablet/ballot.... tomato/tomahto, but you're probably not that old.

I should hope not!

[quote
] Are you talking about the amendment that bans interference by the state into matters of faith? This part?? [/quote]

Yes.

So, you agree that the government shouldn't be spending the tax money paid in by christians to fund abortion? Cool :)

Actually, I don't think the government should be funding any abortions. I think that abortion is a private decision, and should be paid-for by the woman's insurance ... or, if she's impoverished, a charity.

But, the problem is that these laws were also written by men, so...merry go round time, right?
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wasn't that written by the same guys who wrote this?

hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Although, I don't want to assume that we are only talking about the USA here...

And the knowledge that man possesses that God does not would be????[/quote][/quote]1) Jefferson did not write the Constitution, no. Specifically, the First Amendment was authored by James Madison.
2) The Declaration of Independance is not a legally binding document on the United States Government. The Constitution is. That's an insuperable difference.
3) If the DoI were binding law, that little thing about "liberty" ("life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness') might prove to be a fly in the ointment of your argument here.

Insofar as laws being written by men, of course they are, and they would be even in a Christian state.

Concerning knowledge the Christian god possesses, I'm not convinced he exists ... much less what he knows. If he does exist, I doubt any human could know his mind.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

Actually, I don't think the government should be funding any abortions. I think that abortion is a private decision, and should be paid-for by the woman's insurance ... or, if she's impoverished, a charity.

Good, then perhaps you understand why people are upset about having to pay for something that is contrary to their faith.

Insofar as laws being written by men, of course they are, and they would be even in a Christian state. I asked whether abortion was okay according to the laws of men or of God. I said nothing about Christianity or a Christian state. The above post was in response to a question only.

Concerning knowledge the Christian god possesses, I'm not convinced he exists ... much less what he knows. If he does exist, I doubt any human could know his mind.

1 Cor 2:16, Isaiah 40:13, Jer 23:18, and Romans 11:34 address the second part of your question. We do have the law God gave to Moses, the recorded words of Christ and the Holy Spirit. I don't know that any of that would make sense to anyone who doesn't know Him, but if you're asking, I would be happy to continue.

J

Jullianna

P.S. - According to the government of the USA, the Creator does exist, as outlined in the Declaration posted above. And since He does, seems like He would have the right to govern His creatures.

W

Wesley

Good, then perhaps you understand why people are upset about having to pay for something that is contrary to their faith.
That's exactly why I hold the view I do.

I asked whether abortion was okay according to the laws of men or of God. I said nothing about Christianity or a Christian state. The above post was in response to a question only.

I was responding to this point: "
But, the problem is that these laws were also written by men, so [...]". I was simply pointing out that even in a religious state, the laws are still written by men. I think the quote getting messed up in my reply muddied the issue a little.

1 Cor 2:16, Isaiah 40:13, Jer 23:18, and Romans 11:34 address the second part of your question. We do have the law God gave to Moses, the recorded words of Christ and the Holy Spirit. I don't know that any of that would make sense to anyone who doesn't know Him, but if you're asking, I would be happy to continue.
I understand what those verses say. You had asked me, "And the knowledge that man possesses that God does not would be?", to which I gave my answer. I don't know what any creator god has in mind, and I doubt any human does.

J

Jullianna

Does it specify it as the Christian God? or just acknowledge a Creator/God?

Hold on, I'll repost it so you can see it:

Is there such a thing as a Christian Creator or a Christian God? I've been a christian for a long time and I've never heard of this. Can you provide some materials on this?

J

Jullianna

That's exactly why I hold the view I do.

I was responding to this point: "[/color][/color]But, the problem is that these laws were also written by men, so [...]". I was simply pointing out that even in a religious state, the laws are still written by men. I think the quote getting messed up in my reply muddied the issue a little.

I understand what those verses say. You had asked me, "And the knowledge that man possesses that God does not would be?", to which I gave my answer. I don't know what any creator god has in mind, and I doubt any human does.

I appreciate your honesty. Thank you.

J

Jullianna

On a day when I have been attempting to comfort a brokenhearted precious friend who just lost her second baby, after having been so very excited on Mother's Day, when I opened this thread and saw people defending tearing these precious little ones piece by piece out of their mommies, it made me physically ill. Absolutely disgusting...

Last edited by a moderator:
V

violakat

I'll locate the information later when I have a chance to talk with the young woman who had given me the information. In the mean time, here is an eye witness who herself saw the reaction of a fetus.
ZERO TO THREE:
By the way, this woman was a former Planned Parenthood Director.

That might have been the wrong video that I was looking for. Here is another one with her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVt8yLuyUs&feature=related

Last edited: