Probably will make many of you mad but...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Just kidding!

God love you.
God sees you.
He knows your inner struggles.
He knows your fears.
Your worries.
Your pain.
God doesn't only see it but He is moving in it. No storm is too great.
No mountain too high.
No road too rough.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
You're right....it did make me mad. And that's because I doubt all of what you just said. At least when it comes to myself anyway. Maybe God loves and cares about other people, but he certainly doesn't give a flip about me.

I don't think God wants me to be happy. I think he wants me to be down in the dumps all the time. I don't know....maybe I did something wrong. Maybe my parents did. Who knows. I say that because I always wonder why my life is the way it is.

I fear that my luck is never going to change. I keep hoping for some kind of miracle that will take away or relieve my worries and burdens, but nothing ever happens.

So things will actually get better for me? Don't take this the wrong way....but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I feel like I'm the man in the iron cage that John Bunyan wrote about.

K

Kim82

I say that because I always wonder why my life is the way it is.
Aside from sitting down and complaining that you are going nowhere, what else do you think you can do to make a change in your life?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
You're right....it did make me mad. And that's because I doubt all of what you just said. At least when it comes to myself anyway. Maybe God loves and cares about other people, but he certainly doesn't give a flip about me.

I don't think God wants me to be happy. I think he wants me to be down in the dumps all the time. I don't know....maybe I did something wrong. Maybe my parents did. Who knows. I say that because I always wonder why my life is the way it is.

I fear that my luck is never going to change. I keep hoping for some kind of miracle that will take away or relieve my worries and burdens, but nothing ever happens.

So things will actually get better for me? Don't take this the wrong way....but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Are you looking at life through a Biblical lens? For example how was it that after floggings or imprisonment the apostles was heard singing and praising God.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Do you look to your own choices for answers?

Mar 4, 2020

Sorry you're down in the dumps and have burdens. Life can be hard, but it can also be wonderful and a fulfilling experience. You know, God made this world for us to enjoy and there are no shortage of things we can do to have a gratifying and purposeful existence in Christ.

There can and will be hardships, though. We are all going through these sorts of things in our own way so you aren't alone.

Remember, the Bible teaches us how to endure, not escape every single burden. Endurance is a key element in scripture and I think we need to take on board the truths about what it means to endure, persevere, and still praise the Lord.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Aside from sitting down and complaining that you are going nowhere, what else do you think you can do to make a change in your life?
I don't believe he is complaining. He is Just saying what has been happening in his life. We don't need to put him down.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well I wouldnt go blaming God I would just say to Satan get behind me. If I was down in the dumps. Which I have been.

God got Joseph out of the pit when his brothers threw him in. Joseph actually didnt do anything wrong. 'I dont think he was bragging THAT much about his coat of many colours...what do you think? Maybe his brothers were just mean or envious.

God also had a word with Job who lost everything. It turns out Satan was having a bet with God whether or not Job was righteous or just in this for the money.
Well good news is Satan was wrong and lost the bet, and God restored everything back to Job. His wife though, was saying curse God and die! well Job didnt curse God and got to live.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012

I’ve shared your perspective many times, where the enemy made God out to be the enemy. The enemy, through deception, tried to get me to question the goodness of God, doubt it as you said. “If God really cares, why I am going through what I am?” The thing is, you have to believe the truth.

Scripture says that God is gracious and full of compassion. It says that He cares for you, so cast your cares upon the Lord. It says that every good and perfect gift comes down from above, from the Father of heavenly lights and He does not change as like the shifting shadows. He is good, and gives good things, period.

Scripture also says, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but He delivers them from them all.” The one person you’re alienating (God) is the one person who can save you. It takes humility. “Help me Lord.” Go to God, run to Him. The Lord isn’t your enemy, only in your mind is He.

He is the source to your solutions. He is merciful to you. He loves you, and all it takes is for you to call upon His name. Hope in the Lord. Trust in the Lord. Stop letting what surrounds you paint God in a bad light, instead see it as an opportunity for God to show you His goodness. You may question how you ended up where you are in life, but the fact of the matter is that God can take you to new places. He can restore hope to you and give you a future.

The sooner you turn to God, the sooner things can turn around. I had an autoimmune disease that had me bedridden and I was in excruciating pain. I called out to God, cried for His mercy, and He healed me. Turn to God, He offers deliverance, freedom and healing.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

God helps those who are proactive in helping themselves. Change your mindset and you might see things change for you. :)

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
Just kidding!

God love you.
God sees you.
He knows your fears.
Your worries.
Your pain.
No mountain too high.
No road too rough.

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
You sound like another guy I know:

Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble? Psa. 10:1

All this whining and complaining from a guy who had everything: Wine, women, armies... an entire kingdom? His problems were not small, but then again, neither are yours.

Whatever you're going through now has nothing to do with the world, but everything to do with what is unseen. You feel alone on the battlefield, but He is watching.

I went through the same kind of spiritual battle a few years back. I was completely helpless, completely alone, and got totally pummeled. The battle scars will never go away, and neither will yours.

Remember, surviving your wretched circumstances with GRACE comes with its rewards:

But accumulate for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and devouring insect do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Mat. 6:20

I believe Jesus was not speaking with hyperbole or metaphorically. I believe we are going to receive a treasure unimaginable in terms of what we can fathom right now.

But we have to keep fighting and finish the race.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

Do you feel down and trapped due to personal circumstances? The troubles & difficulties of life?
Or do you feel down & unhappy inexplicably. Even when personal circumstances are not so bad?

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
Do you feel down and trapped due to personal circumstances? The troubles & difficulties of life?
Or do you feel down & unhappy inexplicably. Even when personal circumstances are not so bad?
Those are valid questions. But it can be even more complex than what you are suggesting.

Us men are held to account by the church using a very high standard. We are expected to take charge of our families and be perfect spiritual leaders while at the same time, the world emasculates us.

Wives are being told more and more that it's okay to leave their husbands if they are not perfect Christians. After all, "if he did that, he was never saved in the first place."

All this is taking place while pastors around the world are disengaging with their flocks. They would rather build bigger churches and cram them with more people than spend time with the likes of individual men who are facing spiritual attacks, alone on a battlefield with absolutely no allies.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

I know how you feel all to well, so much so it is a heavy stone on my soul, I know what others say and I know what God says of me but for the life of me I cannot see it or believe it no matter how much I want to. But then I reminded how he seeks and rushes to the broken hearted and the weary and worn and you know it's kind of funny it's usually when I am at my worst that I feel him the most. Today was such a day

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

In fact I wrote this poem today because sometimes I don't know how else to deal with all that is inside except to pour it into writing and perhaps it was also meant for you as well I do apologize of how long it is but I hope it can help you even if only a little

Searching and traversing in the vast darkness of the oceans of my ouwn soul, I search and seek for anything good anything that radiants light but see only the vast waters that illuminate nothing. How broken, how wounded how weak and how low am I? how empty how poor how low am I? how sinful how imperfect and how far have I fallen?
as the spirit of god first traversed the oceans of the dark world in the beginning so do I traverse the oceans of my own heart seeing nothing but still lifeless water and darkness and I drown myself in tears. I craddle myself with my own arms as the tears cannot stop falling, I curl into a ball as I imagine what it must be like to be anything other than myself what it must be like to be strong and without the crippling reality of my loneliness. How I day dream of warmth and comfort, how I create such imagery of love and strength in my own mind as I fall into the oceans ready to give in to the darkness that I cannot escape.

For if i sink maybe then the pain can end, for if I give in perhaps I am finally free. I begin to sink into the waters with my final thought that I only pray no one will ever have to know this kind of suffering. as I am almost gone I hear an unexpected tune begin to play, how soft and quiet it begins but rises and echos across the oceans waters. I peek up out of the dark waters just out of curiosity and see as the waters are rippling, a wind is gently stirring soft and yet growing in intensity.
Without my doing my body begins to rise out of the water as if being lifted by an unseen hand as I hear a voice suddenly singing with words that are strong and filled with such life, the tuine is without words and the words are without tune yet the words I hear ringing across the ocean sings more than a warrior more than a hero more than what you see.

Over and over these words are sung rising in volume stirring the winds more and more the still dark waters creating now overwhelming waves as I am tossed to and fro. Still rising being lifted by this unseen hand aas the tunes and words sung echo and ring stronger and stronger filling me up as I look at the horizon I am now facing. But what is this I see? I see a sunrise never before seen, never before have my eyes known such wonder as the amber colors and warm scarlet clouds are ever before me.

Without my knowing I am now above the waters and as I notice this I look at the waters which instead of the dark void that I have known are now a brilliant shinging blue shommering with life radiating a glow as if it needed no light to shimmer but has a light of itself. The words more than a warrior more than a hero more than what you see. contue to be sung with an angelic choir as if all of heaven all who have gone before all who have lived all who have been there were singing in unison

again my eyes are flowing for I say to myself surely this can not be me surely I am not anything good, my heart aches and bleeds even more and am shattered completely broken for I am gone I am no more. And yet though I am gone without conscious without feeling or thought I am beside someone.

I know not who it is or where my existence is for I know that I am no more yet I am? My vision returns to me and as swiftly as I was no more here I am in the arms of someone. I remember these arms, the warrmth of them the firm strength aligned perfectly with gentleness even the smell of the clotihng that embraces me I have known them as if a memory from several lifetimes ago faint yet I know it.

Where is my pain? where is my brokenness? the bleeding has stopped as if never there to begin with and my thoughts no longer clouded. I look up finally realizing where I am and who it is that I have been embraced by, I once again am drowned in my tears but not for the same reason as before for I know the face of who I look. can it be? is it possible by any universe or existence? am I finally in my heaven? is he finally mine can I finally rest?
As if knowing my thoughts the king smiles warmly and his eyes shimmering as if trying to hold back tears and without speaking without words he holds me close.

When before his hearts thougts were veiled they now are clear, the agony and pain he experienced watching me suffer in my own tears alone and broken, the tears that I flooded as big as the ocean his tears covered the earth many times over, the weakness I felt he mourned the longing for love and warmth he so desperately wished to give so much so it tore his soul into pieces.

But in an instance as we both embrace each other our two hearts are healed and mended as if two lovers who were separate peices of one heart finally together and made whole as if they belonegd to each other from the beginning and such was the reason for all the pain and suffering for they were meant for eac h but were not together.

Without looking back and without a second thought my past and my suffering my emptiness and my dark waters were as if a faint memory as if hundreds of lifetimes ago and my beloved and I walk to the secret garden that I have coveted in my heart the place my soul longed for and even somehow knew even if only vaguely like a familiar scent or a place that feels you know somehow and together we play and live together never to be apart again

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Just kidding!

God love you.
God sees you.
He knows your fears.
Your worries.
Your pain.
No mountain too high.
No road too rough.
I’m a little mad for you not getting me mad!