Problem post.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Persuaded

I know the Mods are very busy, but just a thought on how to stop these threads that get out of hand.
Take a very close look at the one who starts the thread. Many are started by the same person/persons and it seem the intent is to cause discourse, anger, and name calling.
Maybe it is not the thread that is the problem, but the one who originated it.

Just a thought.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I know the Mods are very busy, but just a thought on how to stop these threads that get out of hand.
Take a very close look at the one who starts the thread. Many are started by the same person/persons and it seem the intent is to cause discourse, anger, and name calling.

Just a thought.
It's not too difficult to spot those threads designed to call others lost and hyper grace advocates at the same time. Pointing to ones own personally achieved salvation usually goes along with it. :)

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Y'all aren't supposed to be making hyper grace threads anyway..

P

Persuaded

If I continuously began threads that cause problems, would it not solve the problem to deal with me instead of just closing the threads over and over again?
Just my opinion.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
If I continuously began threads that cause problems, would it not solve the problem to deal with me instead of just closing the threads over and over again?
Just my opinion.
welp. i can't imagine you doing anything like that. :)

and while i sympathize, what would happen if we all stayed out of the potentially disputatious threads you describe?

sort of like starve a fever. or is it a cold? i can never remember. lol

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm not saying they have.. :)

However there ARE people in the BDF who make hyper grace threads, despite knowing about CS1's thread saying that anyone who debates hyper grace, will be banned.

Not sure anyone in this thread has started any...

Aug 15, 2009
It's not too difficult to spot those threads designed to call others lost and hyper grace advocates at the same time. Pointing to ones own personally achieved salvation usually goes along with it. :)
I'm so proud of you for not taking advantage of this thread to "blame game" somebody & not look guilty. I knew I could count on you....... not.:rolleyes:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Now who's blaming someone? :/

Stephen, as I recall, just a couple days ago you made a thread in this very forum, demanding the mods to close down every thread that you don't like. Then proceeded to sit here all day interjecting your "ok mods I can wait all day, I've been patient so far". And on top of that, you pithed and moaned until you finally gave in and asked Oncefallen to close the thread.. So either you want those types of threads to stop, or you want to keep them going so you can give snide remarks like the one your just gave to Preacher.. Make up your mind.

I'm so proud of you for not taking advantage of this thread to "blame game" somebody & not look guilty. I knew I could count on you....... not.:rolleyes:

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016

However there ARE people in the BDF who make hyper grace threads, despite knowing about CS1's thread saying that anyone who debates hyper grace, will be banned.
Right? Yet they continue to make them and remain on the site lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Aug 15, 2009
Just my opinion.
I'm afraid it's sneakier than that. Someone innocent starts the thread, & someone else hijacks the thread intentionally & runs with it. "That" person needs to be banned for consistantly hijacking threads. They are easy to spot. Just find the beginning of the argument, then back up & find the 1st person posting about it.

I know that sounds abc'ish, but if somebody actually did something, I wouldn't have to say it.:rolleyes:

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016

Stephen, as I recall, just a couple days ago you made a thread in this very forum, demanding the mods to close down every thread that you don't like. Then proceeded to sit here all day interjecting your "ok mods I can wait all day, I've been patient so far". And on top of that, you pithed and moaned until you finally gave in and asked Oncefallen to close the thread.. So either you want those types of threads to stop, or you want to keep them going so you can give snide remarks like the one your just gave to Preacher.. Make up your mind.
It's whatever it takes as long as he can make his callow snide remarks and get someone to bite while trolling.

P

Persuaded

I still do not understand that phrase.
I will confess that I have allowed these thread to bring out my sin nature and I have acted badly. Not proud of that.
As notmyown stated, maybe we should starve the thread to death.
Maybe we should do that to the ones who continue to start these threads.

Nov 14, 2016
Sometimes it's not the thread------it's the needle...

Aug 15, 2009

First of all, that was in the SUGGESTION FORUM. Secondly, I ranted all day long about this type of thread behavior & not a single member that likes to argue with me didn't dare come in & show their face to hijack the thread like they usually do. Thirdly, no, I didn't give up on the thread..... I got exactly what I wanted when I closed it.:)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
THIS IS THE SUGGESTIONS FORUM.. lol

First of all, that was in the SUGGESTION FORUM. Secondly, I ranted all day long about this type of thread behavior & not a single member that likes to argue with me didn't dare come in & show their face to hijack the thread like they usually do. Thirdly, no, I didn't give up on the thread..... I got exactly what I wanted when I closed it.:)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So you ranted all day on a thread that your detractors didn't want to waste their time on, and got the thread closed. That makes logical sense.. :confused: lol

Dec 19, 2009

Just a thought.
I don't think it's wrong to express an opinion. If someone is habitually insulting people, that would be a problem. If you ban people because you don't like their opinions, the website would probably go downhill very quickly.