problem related to praying in tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
you obviously are not paying attention to the whole interpretation from Peter.

The Galileans where clueless to the fact the gift of tounges that was spoken was also about Judgement that made them repent in order to recieve the holy spirit , that Peter interpreted.

you can't deny this.

it right there in acts 2.
Peter stood up and told them what the lord had said. Are you friggin blind or what

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
How can you possibly read it that way?

The Bible does not say that 3000 Galileans spoke
you got this part right. My mistake 120 where there.

that not important tho.

your clear error is

CS1

May 23, 2012
I've never wore one lol.
But I thought you like one seeing as you keep getting so puffed up. 😋.

maybe you could explain what you think my question is.

I'm asking did the gift of tounges bring repentance in acts 2.

Yes or no.

Just want to know your Diserment on this.

no,

it did not bring repentance it was the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ that led them to repentance as the Book of Acts says

Acts 2:22-38

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having [g]loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him:

‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’

29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the [k]remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Wow I can't believe how blind you are, all of those people thought they where drunk after speaking tounges.

They where clueless of the full interpretation.

You need to put yourself in the picture.

Peter immediately stood up and explained the full interpretation.

Why are you forgetting speakers and a interpreter is needed for the gift of tounges

Your just translating acts two to fit in with CORINTHIANS. Totaly foolish.

Anyway I'm not carrying on with this disagreement.

None of you have this gift as far as I can see and your just as clueless as the Galileans.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Wow I can't believe how blind you are, all of those people thought they where drunk after speaking tounges.

They where clueless of the full interpretation.

You need to put yourself in the picture.

Peter immediately stood up and explained the full interpretation.

Why are you forgetting speakers and a interpreter is needed for the gift of tounges

Your just translating acts two to fit in with CORINTHIANS. Totaly foolish.

Anyway I'm not carrying on with this disagreement.

None of you have this gift as far as I can see and your just as clueless as the Galileans.
name calling doesn't MAKE YOU RIGHt.

First off Jesus said in Acts 1:8

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

The Tongues were not the cause of Pentacost it was an effect of the outpouring and it was not the only thing that happened

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

1. Cause " sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind Effect "filled the whole place where they were sitting"
2. Cause "There appeared to them tongues as of fire Effect "sat upon each of them".
3. Cause "They were all filled with the Holy Spirit" Effect " began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

IF tongue was contributed to the salvation of these 3000 why not the Sound from Heaven? Why not the appearance of tongues of fire?

hat not what Jesus said. The empowering of the Holy Spirit was the power to be a witness of the Resurrected Lord Jesus.

That was the message Peter Preached as Paul said " I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for IT IS the POWER OF GOD unto SALVATION " Roman 1:16

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
no,

it did not bring repentance it was the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ that led them to repentance as the Book of Acts says

Acts 2:22-38

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having [g]loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him:

‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’
29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’
36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the [k]remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
I'm disappointed by your responses

I can't believe your rejecting the truth like this.

Your more or less saying the gift of tounges can't be about something all ready spoken or a repeated message of the messiah

And it seems your just disagreeing to suit your own ideas.

Along with va and watchers.

Maybe it's because your church only has one view on the gift of tounges and that's what your hardened in.
You won't even acknowledge edification is also for correction.

You won't see that the 120 Galileans where also saying what should we do. Which means they where shocked into repentance.

Saying what should we do.
Is an indication they where shocked and the gift of tounges made them fear. The fear being the strength of the father put fear into them.

You know walking around saying what should we do after recieving tounges of each other then repenting.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Thanks for sharing that. My friend said she prayed for this particular gift and eventually received it. I'm not in a position to judge if it is genuine or not, but question why it is unintelligible.
It is only unintelligible to those who do not speak the human language used.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

The Tongues were not the cause of Pentacost it was an effect of the outpouring and it was not the only thing that happened

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

1. Cause " sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind Effect "filled the whole place where they were sitting"
2. Cause "There appeared to them tongues as of fire Effect "sat upon each of them".
3. Cause "They were all filled with the Holy Spirit" Effect " began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

IF tongue was contributed to the salvation of these 3000 why not the Sound from Heaven? Why not the appearance of tongues of fire?

hat not what Jesus said. The empowering of the Holy Spirit was the power to be a witness of the Resurrected Lord Jesus.

That was the message Peter Preached as Paul said " I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for IT IS the POWER OF GOD unto SALVATION " Roman 1:16
neither does your insinuating

oh I see, finding fault in me to make me be at error when it's you who are.

You've done this with quite a few times. And wheres the name calling.

You are being foolish.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
what is this Gift, because nothing you explained matches the Gifts that God gives to His Own?
The gift of tounges is when the father speaks through you, from all my research.

It's the father who speaks in tounges.

Yes the holy spirit is in you. But it's the father who speaks through the holy spirit.

Jun 20, 2022
The gift of tounges is when the father speaks through you, from all my research.

Yes the holy spirit is in you. But it's the father who speaks through the holy spirit.
the trinity really confuses you.
God is not of confusion.

let's use this example:
God sends His Spirit and His Spirit searches us for what we need from God.
God then causes His Spirit to give us the Utterance to Speak in Tongues to unlock the mystery of our need that only God can understand.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
the trinity really confuses you.
God is not of confusion.

let's use this example:
God sends His Spirit and His Spirit searches us for what we need from God.
God then causes His Spirit to give us the Utterance to Speak in Tongues to unlock the mystery of our need that only God can understand.
oh and you have the trinity all worked out too.

Well that tells me all I need to know.

Your Mr know it all.

Dec 21, 2020

You need to do more research. It's the Christian who speaks in tongues, and when he does, he is speaking TO God (1 Cor 14:2). He is speaking the wonderful works OF God (Acts 2:11), magnifying God (Acts 2:46), speaking divine secrets (1 Cor 14:2), and giving thanks well (1 Cor 14:17).

CS1

May 23, 2012
I'm disappointed by your responses

I can't believe your rejecting the truth like this.

Your more or less saying the gift of tounges can't be about something all ready spoken or a repeated message of the messiah

And it seems your just disagreeing to suit your own ideas.

Along with va and watchers.

Maybe it's because your church only has one view on the gift of tounges and that's what your hardened in.
You won't even acknowledge edification is also for correction.

You won't see that the 120 Galileans where also saying what should we do. Which means they where shocked into repentance.

Saying what should we do.
Is an indication they where shocked and the gift of tounges made them fear. The fear being the strength of the father put fear into them.

You know walking around saying what should we do after recieving tounges of each other then repenting.

you really need to stop reading into what people say that they never did it is unbecoming of you. Also, I would caution you to stop talking about people denominations that you don't even know about or what does is members of. many disagree with your understanding. I have provided much biblical proof of the position I have taken.

Not once did I say anything you said was rejecting the truth or attacking your denomination. You have chosen to get personal because you clearly lack Biblical understanding on this topic. Before you get in trouble lets just ens it is ok and you can continue to believe what you like .

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
1 Cor 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1 Cor 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

...I just believe what they say.
O.K. believe whatever you please.