problem related to praying in tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You don't?

Right. That's what you believe, right?

Again, that's the Trinity. That's what you think God is, right?

It seems to me that you think God is a Trinity... :)

So Trinitarians say... They may support it, but do they TEACH it?

Again, I believe the doctrine of the Trinity is read INTO the Bible, it does not come FROM the Bible.

That is your opinion.

The word of God teaches and shows

God has always existed., The Son has always existed. The Holy Spirit has always existed.

None were created. They are The Eternal Godhead = Trinity.

• Colossians 2:9. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
  • Romans 1:20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
  • Matthew 27:46. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, aMy God, my God, why hast thou bforsaken me?

Mark 9-11

9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Jesus , the voice of the Father and the Holy Spirit all three were present at the baptism of Jesus

Who was the voice of? Please tell me ?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Correct. But you're assuming the Son is God. The Father is God, the Son is Jesus Christ, God's anointed.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
I do not see "returned" there.

After Jesus' ascension, he received from God the promised gift of holy spirit, and the day of Pentecost was the first time it was "poured out" to people.

Absolutely.
God, the Father, is God.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, His human Messiah.
The gift of holy spirit was received by Jesus Christ from God, and is being given to people who choose to believe the gospel.
NO I don't Assume Jesus said "I and my Father are one." John 10:30

CS1

May 23, 2012
Correct. But you're assuming the Son is God. The Father is God, the Son is Jesus Christ, God's anointed.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
I do not see "returned" there.

After Jesus' ascension, he received from God the promised gift of holy spirit, and the day of Pentecost was the first time it was "poured out" to people.

Absolutely.
God, the Father, is God.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, His human Messiah.
The gift of holy spirit was received by Jesus Christ from God, and is being given to people who choose to believe the gospel.

Jesus said HE came from the Father and will return to HIM. John 14:1-3

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "

Wow, Jesus said, "You believe in God believe in me also".

Jesus never spoke of Himself in the singular but of doing the will of the Father, who is GOD. Your issue with the Eternal Godhead is with Jesus. Don't like the word, Trinity? Fine.

"Eternal God" is three in one. As Jesus said, the word of God shows. Three distinct Persons are spoken and named in the word of God with specific works.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
your not verry Christian for answering a simple question. I'll ask again. If Jesus is the father, why is Jesus sitting in heaven at the right hand side of the Father, right now

Although I won't point blank say you're not a Christian like you are.

But let's just say you're not being very Christian.

Psalm 110:1 (NKJV)1 The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

Because He is God! Do you believe God can be in two places at once? How is that possible?!

Dec 21, 2020
No, there is no debate. The Jews in John 8 are debating with Jesus about who He claims to be. The Jews know who God is, they know who Abraham is, but they are not understanding who Jesus is.

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[b]”

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Jesus’ Claims About Himself

48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?”

49 “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

I AM = Jesus claiming to be God!! THAT is why they tried to stone Him.

I and the Father are one.”
31At this, the Jews again picked up stones to stone Him. 32But Jesus responded, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone Me?”
33We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.”

The Jesus you say you believe in claimed to be God! Just proven right here in the Word, nothing added or taken away. You either believe Jesus or you're saying He's a liar. Period.

20 Then David said to the whole assembly, “Praise the Lord your God.” So they all praised the Lord, the God of their fathers; they bowed down, prostrating themselves before the Lord and the king.

“And David went on to say to all the congregation: “Bless, now, Jehovah YOUR God.” And all the congregation proceeded to bless Jehovah the God of their forefathers and bow low and prostrate themselves to Jehovah and to the king,” (1 Chron, 29:20, NWT).

No, David was not worshiped. David, the same as Paul would not have accepted worship which belongs to God alone.

The very name is God with us. Jesus claimed to be God, He accepted worship due only to God.

I'm assuming you read the Bible for yourself? I have stated Scripture above that says exactly what I said. So either you're denying the Word, you haven't read it for yourself, or you're part of a cult that denies the Word. Either way, the verses are above. Either you believe the Bible is true or you don't there is no in between. And this is where error and heresy come in, when people deny the plain black and red words of the Bible. You cannot call yourself a Christian and deny the deity of Christ.
Thank you for your response. I'll leave it at that for now.

Have a great afternoon, or whatever time of day it is where you are.

God bless.

Dec 21, 2020
That is your opinion.

The word of God teaches and shows

God has always existed., The Son has always existed. The Holy Spirit has always existed.

None were created. They are The Eternal Godhead = Trinity.

• Colossians 2:9. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
  • Romans 1:20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
  • Matthew 27:46. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, aMy God, my God, why hast thou bforsaken me?

Mark 9-11

9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Jesus , the voice of the Father and the Holy Spirit all three were present at the baptism of Jesus

Who was the voice of? Please tell me ?
NO I don't Assume Jesus said "I and my Father are one." John 10:30
Jesus said HE came from the Father and will return to HIM. John 14:1-3

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "

Wow, Jesus said, "You believe in God believe in me also".

Jesus never spoke of Himself in the singular but of doing the will of the Father, who is GOD. Your issue with the Eternal Godhead is with Jesus. Don't like the word, Trinity? Fine.

"Eternal God" is three in one. As Jesus said, the word of God shows. Three distinct Persons are spoken and named in the word of God with specific works.
Thanks.

I'll back off. There are other things to talk about.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Psalm 110:1 (NKJV)1 The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

Because He is God! Do you believe God can be in two places at once? How is that possible?!
this doesn't answer the question try again

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
A finger wrote it did not speak. the words written were as we see it in Daniel.

DANIEL 5

5 In the same hour the fingers of a man’s hand appeared and wrote opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace; and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. 6 Then the king’s countenance changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his hips were loosened and his knees knocked against each other. 7 The king cried [b]aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. The king spoke, saying to the wise men of Babylon, “Whoever reads this writing, and tells me its interpretation, shall be clothed with purple and have a chain of gold around his neck; and he shall be the third ruler in the kingdom.” 8 Now all the king’s wise men came, but they could not read the writing, or make known to the king its interpretation.

11 There is a man in your kingdom in whom is the Spirit of the Holy God. And in the days of your [d]father, light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, were found in him; and King Nebuchadnezzar your father—your father the king—made him chief of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers. 12 Inasmuch as an excellent spirit, knowledge, understanding, interpreting dreams, solving riddles, and explaining enigmas were found in this Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar, now let Daniel be called, and he will give the interpretation.”

Now if you can read the writing and make known to me its interpretation, you shall be clothed with purple and have a chain of gold around your neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom.”

17 Then Daniel answered, and said before the king, “Let your gifts be for yourself, and give your rewards to another; yet I will read the writing to the king, and make known to him the interpretation. (Translation)

25 “And this is the inscription that was written:
MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
do you not see the finger as the finger of God. Because you believe God wouldn't write a language of tounges.

And you don't see the language as an unknown language either ?.
Despite no translaters being able to translate it, other than Dany boy

Ok no worries I though you might know.

Doesn't matter.

Theres two other possibilities where the language of tounges where spoken in the old testament by the father too.

Then theres Paul's description of the language of tongues being a language of angels.

But really all I'm saying is the lauguage of tounges is also used for the same reason as prophesy, one of them reasons being Judgment, when the father speaks.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
this doesn't answer the question try again

It does answer the question. Can you be everywhere at once?! Jesus claimed to be God, you believe Him or you're saying He lied. There is no middle ground. Anything else is heresy and you need to get away from that cult.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
It does answer the question. Can you be everywhere at once?! Jesus claimed to be God, you believe Him or you're saying He lied. There is no middle ground. Anything else is heresy and you need to get away from that cult.
It doesn't answer the question,
As all youve done is answer the question with a question.

Try again.
And your accusations are increasing

I believe the son the father the holy spirit are 3 distinct persons but one God.

Your comments are trash like like others here

And if you say Jesus is the father then your committing heresy.

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
well no it's not end of story as it could prove the language of tounges is a heavenly language.
It was written in a real rational language that any one who knew how to write Aramaic could read. Not exactly a 'heavenly' language. It was written in a language people could understand.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
It was written in a real rational language that any one who knew how to write Aramaic could read. Not exactly a 'heavenly' language. It was written in a language people could understand.
nobody could translate the message. Only one person could translate it. Which was Danny boy. Scripture tells us a person is needed to interpret a secret language and it can only be interpreted by the spirit. That means Danny boy could well have been filled with the Holy spirit when he interpreted the writing on the wall that nobody else could.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
It doesn't answer the question,
As all youve done is answer the question with a question.

Try again.
And your accusations are increasing

I believe the son the father the holy spirit are 3 distinct persons but one God.

Your comments are trash like like others here

And if you say Jesus is the father then your committing heresy.

God in three persons, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. Do we agree?

CS1

May 23, 2012
do you not see the finger as the finger of God. Because you believe God wouldn't write a language of tounges.

And you don't see the language as an unknown language either ?.
Despite no translaters being able to translate it, other than Dany boy

Ok no worries I though you might know.

Doesn't matter.

Theres two other possibilities where the language of tounges where spoken in the old testament by the father too.

Then theres Paul's description of the language of tongues being a language of angels.

But really all I'm saying is the lauguage of tounges is also used for the same reason as prophesy, one of them reasons being Judgment, when the father speaks.

Think the Finger could be of God we know it was God who made it known. Please remember Daniel was taken captive to Baylon.
As a young man, and was used to interpreting the Hebrew and Aramaic languages to the Babylonians who spoke Akkadian language out of Mesopotamians.

Daniel was young enough to learn. He was made an advisor to the Pagens.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Think the Finger could be of God we know it was God who made it known. Please remember Daniel was taken captive to Baylon.
As a young man, and was used to interpreting the Hebrew and Aramaic languages to the Babylonians who spoke Akkadian language out of Mesopotamians.

Daniel was young enough to learn. He was made an advisor to the Pagens.
I know it's not absolute, what I suggest based on what you propose here.

It's just I find it incredible a king would not have other translators of Hebrew Aramaic.

Cutting a long story short

Then all the king’s wise men came in, but they could not read the writing or tell the king what it meant. 9 So King Belshazzar became even more terrified and his face grew more pale. His nobles were baffled.

10 The queen,[c] hearing the voices of the king and his nobles, came into the banquet hall. “May the king live forever!” she said. “Don’t be alarmed! Don’t look so pale! 11 There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him.

As you can see none of kings wiseman could translate it.

Then we see suggestion it is only the the spirit of God that can translate this.

Which could mean the wisemen declared it an unknown language they had never seen.

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
nobody could translate the message. Only one person could translate it. Which was Danny boy. Scripture tells us a person is needed to interpret a secret language and it can only be interpreted by the spirit. That means Danny boy could well have been filled with the Holy spirit when he interpreted the writing on the wall that nobody else could.
No, the message could be read easily enough - it was in Aramaic. If anything, Daniel translated it to Akkadian. It's not so much that what was written couldn't be read (it could), as much as no one knew what it meant. The message was rather cryptic.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
No, the message could be read easily enough - it was in Aramaic. If anything, Daniel translated it to Akkadian. It's not so much that what was written couldn't be read (it could), as much as no one knew what it meant. The message was rather cryptic.
as we can see our friend here CS1 a minister and pastor

Is not completely leaning on his own understanding here, so why are you.

Jun 20, 2022
There is one God, the Father. He is the only true God, there are no others, there are no parts or "persons" to Him. God the Father is God alone. God's Word (logos) is His will, plan, or purposes. It is not a separate "Person," or entity from God. God has a will, a plan, for redemption. That logos became flesh when God caused Mary to conceive Jesus, God's human Messiah. IOW, Jesus Christ is God's Word made flesh. We have the written Word (the Bible) and the living Word (Jesus Christ).
i do not wish to delve deeper here on the meaning of the WORD.
but look at how you just described Jesus, the WORD, as being the Living Word to the Written Word.

we know a man, who represented God, who met with Adam, Abram/Abraham, wrestled with Jacob, met with Moses, Joshua, 4th man in Fiery Furnace, etc etc etc....< why don't you think God worked the same way in the New Testament as Old Testament?

isn't God the SAME yesterday, today, tomorrow and would work the Same Way all throughout the Word of God?

Using the WORD as the LORD who cast Fire and Brimstone upon Sodom to using the WORD for being our Salvation?

John 1:1 says the WORD was here from the Beginning and we learn later was the actual CREATOR of Creation.

How come it's easy for you to see the WORD as JESUS, but not as the LORD, ELOHIM, YHWH, MOST HIGH GOD, Yahweh.....especially knowing that the Messiah's NAME is revealed in Jeremiah as YHWH, or the LORD, which is MOST HIGH GOD....from the man who represented God in the Old Testament?