Problem seen

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sac49

Senior Member
Jun 26, 2016
582
30
0
I was looking thru the forums just now and i saw a huge problem. There are quite a few threads against certain "denominations" and how "wrong" they are. Now upon start if i myself had to "choose" a theology i would say i myself find Reformed Theology to be Biblical. But even before that i would like to think my "choosing" choice would be "Biblical and Jesus first".

It doesnt matter what denominational church you attend but what your personal doctrine is. What is your statement of faith? Does it begin with "Jesus first"? If not then i think you should recheck your beliefs. We argue over these docrines and beliefs yet forget the Gospel. The Gosple of Christ is what should tie us together yet we allow doctrines tear us apart. In this sense "satan has won" because we are no longer talking about and teaching a risen Christ.

We argue over OSAS yet discard Christ. Well live for Christ and you dont have a problem. We argue over baptism. Well live for Christ and you dont have a problem. We argue over how old the earth is. Well live for Christ and it doesnt matter how old the earth is.

Athiest are laughing at us because we cant agree on which translation is best. Well they are all (for the most part) Gods Word and we should be studying it. Satan has won because we no longer preach a risen Christ but argue over "wine or grape juice".

Rethink before you attack. Study before you debate. Pray before you study. And above all put Jesus first in your life.

Just my thought at the moment and i figured i would share it.
 
I Disagree, it matters very much what ones doctrine is, what we learn we do, if we learn error that is what we do. (as far as our walk of faith is concerned anyway).
Don't get me wrong I'm not agreeing with bashing any denomination or religion, the truth is if we are sincere, committed, and teachable, receive a love of the truth, then no matter where we started, He will lead us on the proper path in His time and way.
The reason I disagree with the statement 'it doesn't matter what ones personal doctrine is' is becuase, we have power to choose what we believe, conversely, what we choose to believe has power over us. 2 Tim.2:15 seems very clear, we are to know what we believe and why , and give a clear and respectful explanation of why we do believe it. why? because we are supposed to be living what we believe, not just reading about it or hearing it once a week.

I do agree with the rest of the op and I too realize that prov. 13:10 is true from both "sides" .
 
Actually my swing on this topic goes like this:

I could care less what people pronounce as their system of doctrine - I want to see what they ACTUALLY DO.
Actions tell me much more about a person's real convictions.

Here is an example that should provide food for thought:
We all say that we are followers of Christ, but are we really?
These were Jesus' final words prior to His ascension:


18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20.

I see precisely zero interest in the Great Commission on this forum yet it is arguably the most important communication Jesus Christ ever made to His believers and followers!

Instead we have fairytales from the KJVO crowd, a thread about Bigfoot, another one about UFO's and aliens - all supposed to be topics deserving of serious consideration!!?!
 
I Disagree, it matters very much what ones doctrine is, what we learn we do, if we learn error that is what we do. (as far as our walk of faith is concerned anyway).
Don't get me wrong I'm not agreeing with bashing any denomination or religion, the truth is if we are sincere, committed, and teachable, receive a love of the truth, then no matter where we started, He will lead us on the proper path in His time and way.
The reason I disagree with the statement 'it doesn't matter what ones personal doctrine is' is becuase, we have power to choose what we believe, conversely, what we choose to believe has power over us. 2 Tim.2:15 seems very clear, we are to know what we believe and why , and give a clear and respectful explanation of why we do believe it. why? because we are supposed to be living what we believe, not just reading about it or hearing it once a week.

I do agree with the rest of the op and I too realize that prov. 13:10 is true from both "sides" .

If you reread my statement i say "it doesnt matter what denominational church you attend BUT what your personal doctrine IS".
 
The endless debating about religion is fascinating to me. I don't agree with the need for it, and like almost everything other people do, I think they are silly for doing it and I just hope the splatter from it doesn't get on me.

I remember some time ago that somebody started a thread about what members here agree on, and for the first few posts it seemed like it might have gone someplace, but as is the norm when you put a bunch of people with egos together, it devolved into a big mess. I tracked the thread for about a week, but once I figured out that ultimately, there is NOTHING that all of you agree on when it comes to your faith. It was quite a lesson, and after that epiphany, I haven't been able to look at people who claim the title of "Christian" the same way. It doesn't seem to mean anything. Some will say it does, but most of the time, that person's actions don't agree.
 
If you reread my statement i say "it doesnt matter what denominational church you attend BUT what your personal doctrine IS".

My apologies I misunderstood, and failed to read more carefully :)
 
There is also the factor of someone decrying a denomination.. eg.. saying they aren't methodist or anglican or lutheran or baptist or whatever..

But when actually what they believe is almost identical to what a church in one of these denominations believes!

Eg.. a charismatic non denominational church may believe almost wholly what a charismatic methodist church believes.

So yeah.. it is about what a church actually believes.. not the label they carry. Whether that lines up biblically or is off beam.
 
It doesnt matter what denominational church you attend but what your personal doctrine is.

Never considered having a personal doctrine before, but if I did it would be based upon Ps 119:45.

And better yet, if Jesus had a personal doctrine what would it be;

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God,
or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory:
but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

John 7:16-18

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9
​

We argue over these docrines and beliefs yet forget the Gospel. The Gosple of Christ is what should tie us together yet we allow doctrines tear us apart.

That is probably because they are seeking the LORD in a book, and yet it written within the book that it and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (See John 3:27)

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:
for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 16:17
​