Problematic trends in dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
We all have that one thing when dating that would be...prudent to work through I guess? Moving too fast, giving up too quickly, commuting way too fully before the other, only dating men/women with certain physical traits, ect ect.

Sadly I have a deep rooted tendency to go for men that look as if I think would like me. I like a huskier fellow, but sometimes I wonder if that’s just because I think they’re the only guys that would even consider someone my size. That’s unfair to me and unfair to them. Not that I’ll never not find huskier guys cute, but that I’m not “settling” right from the get go but just think they’re fantastic as they are ✨

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
artsie are you lonely?
I was picturing that you might be the only woman in Arizona and and no men as far as the eye can see.... as that an accurate one of your situtation?

here where I live in the suburbs everyone is taken or drunk and violent.

H

Heart_Melody

I find it most hard to find

Single - never divorced men who love Jesus.

It's maddening.
Most men my age have been divorced - have several kids, like to drink and still they all say "they are christian".
Or - then there is the other side of the Men who haven't been married yet - say they love Jesus, but are uncultured - and think they are God's gift to women. And if I get to clean and cook for them I should count my blessings. Oh an probably still live in their parents house without helping to pay rent - playing video games and so on.

The men that keep asking me out are almost 10 years younger - and they still want to go through the party phase - and It's been ages since I remotely was interested in that.

SO - my conclusion for now - I am staying single lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
!! the gamer boy...I would not even want to go out with anyone that was into that. sorry.
all you would be doing is fetching and carrying for them while they sit on their butts pushing buttons and yelling at a screen.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I find it most hard to find

Single - never divorced men who love Jesus.

It's maddening.
Most men my age have been divorced - have several kids, like to drink and still they all say "they are christian".
OH. MY. GOSH. I get the same thing with the divorced/drinker guys. I mean dependent on the situation I would maybe consider someone divorced, but like it’s so hard to find a guy that doesn’t drink that they actually stopped putting drinking habits as a “must have” in the profiles. It’s like BRUH. Them not drinking is a big deal for me do NOT take that out of consider just cuz YOU think it doesn’t matter.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
artsie are you lonely?
I was picturing that you might be the only woman in Arizona and and no men as far as the eye can see.... as that an accurate one of your situtation?

here where I live in the suburbs everyone is taken or drunk and violent.
🤣🤣🤣 I think it’s more that I’m inept at making introductions. I just don’t know how to date like an actual human does

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
🤣🤣🤣 I think it’s more that I’m inept at making introductions. I just don’t know how to date like an actual human does
hmm
well theres really nothing to it.
Maybe practice dating someone you already know.

you just set a date and time and turn up.
if you are the person asking you get to invite, but if you the invitee you can accept or decline. you can ask whether it costs anything, how long you'll be out for and whther you should wear or bring anything special.

what kinds of things are there to do in arizona?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
We all have that one thing when dating that would be...prudent to work through I guess? Moving too fast, giving up too quickly, commuting way too fully before the other, only dating men/women with certain physical traits, ect ect.

Sadly I have a deep rooted tendency to go for men that look as if I think would like me. I like a huskier fellow, but sometimes I wonder if that’s just because I think they’re the only guys that would even consider someone my size. That’s unfair to me and unfair to them. Not that I’ll never not find huskier guys cute, but that I’m not “settling” right from the get go but just think they’re fantastic as they are ✨
think it’s more that I’m inept at making introductions. I just don’t know how to date like an actual human does
I feel you.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

I like a big woman.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
That's probably a good thing. I've always found traditional dating a joke and a waste of time. Sitting for hours in an awkward setting with someone pretending to be someone they're not. Just so I can decide if I actually like spending time with them enough to do it again. And dealing with unwanted wishes to see me again (if I'm not interested) or being rejected? Pass.
I find letting feelings develop from friendship with someone I'm already familiar with to be a much easier and preferable method.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I find letting feelings develop from friendship with someone I'm already familiar with to be a much easier and preferable method.
Yup. Even when I do any kind of online dating I always go for friendship first of all

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the difference between dating and being friends I supoose is having a deadline.

If you are friends you dont really make dates but if you are seriously dating you need an appointment book to set up all your dates. I can slot you in at this time etc.

Commanda89

Apr 3, 2020
Online dating would be a problematic trend, imo. I have tried it and have only had bad experiences. I feel like nowadays the traditional way of dating is lost where man pursues woman in person. Everything is behind a phone or computer screen. It's just not the same.

I know some people who have met their spouses online and that's great. God can use those but in my experience it's been pretty bad lol

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020

I say to you that you should let your hair down as a figure of speech. You will be surprised in the guys that will find you attractive, don't do things and have certain feelings because of insecurity but be confident in yourself. There is the saying 'punching above your weight', that saying can go for absolutely anybody.