proper attire in church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

Wasnt sure where to post this one.. I often see ladies in my church wearing clothing that is not appropriate for the house of God. I know im not supposed to be looking, but it is a great temptation. I dont mean to throw stones. but if you are popping out of you top.. or you skirt too short... dont wear that to church.. it is disrespectful to the house of God.... and i may cause a brother to stumble// just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this issue
Proper attire in THE CHURCH is the blood of Jesus Christ. Why is your eye so evil that you judge the outside of the cup? The house of God is not that building you attend every Sunday and Wednesday. The house of God is the temple of God, which is not made with hands. Anyone that has Jesus living in them is the temple of the Lord. My friend, you ARE taking up your stones. May Jesus bless you.

May 21, 2009
wow, Did I just read this correctly? It is a fad. alot of young people do this. So that means all young people are thugs??

And we wonder why people hate christians

That's the problem lots of bad pastors out there. And people listening to bad pastors.

G

giantone

My pastor says, if you can't wear it in church, you shouldn't wear it at all. meaning things that show cleavage or things that exalt bad things.

S

Servant_of_God

If women were committed to modesty, we could help men who are committed to purity. Temptation towards lust does not stop for men. It is continual, it is aggressive, it does all it can to lead men to death. Women are to be humbly distinct in their dress. Our Christian brothers will thank us if we do NOT follow the patterns of the world, if we follow scripture's commands, if we help deter the goal of lust in their lives, and if we present ourselves to the world in a way that is NOT bait for a man's sinful desires. Ladies know men rejoice when they see us attempting to serve the Lord by dressing modestly.

E

eternally-gratefull

That's the problem lots of bad pastors out there. And people listening to bad pastors.

Yeah it amazes me, Lets keep people who wear jeans and t-shirts, men with long hair, women with short hair who also wear make-up from listening to the word of God and finding god and growing in him.

These same pastors would have fainted if they saw the type of people Jesus hung out with, and they way they were dressed. Jesus shunned the uppity ups who thought they had it all together. And went to the people who needed him, Should the church not do the same.

Peter warns us about these people, who make the sickly and poor dressed to the back of the church, while giving the uppity ups front row seats.

If they came to my inner city church they would faint. Even the pastor wears jeans and t=shirts. We play rock christian music for service which the congregation really gets into. Alot of men have long hair. and women short hair, and they all wear make-up. Yet here I see alot of broken down inner city people who would be shunned by most of the world doing great things for God. and people coming to God and being spiritually healed more than i have seen in any fundamental church I spent 30 years of my life in. Who would not even allow most of these people in their doors!
And would call me satans soldier because I play an electric guitar and like to rock out praises to God.

Mar 22, 2011
Wasnt sure where to post this one.. I often see ladies in my church wearing clothing that is not appropriate for the house of God. I know im not supposed to be looking, but it is a great temptation. I dont mean to throw stones. but if you are popping out of you top.. or you skirt too short... dont wear that to church.. it is disrespectful to the house of God.... and i may cause a brother to stumble// just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this issue
YO DUDE, I CAN SEE YOUR TRUE COLOURS SHINING THROUGH. GOD BLESS YOU PRECIOUS BROTHER. WOMEN OUGHT NOT TO LOOK LIKE PROSTITUTES, THATS WHY THE LORD SANTFIES THEM WITH HIS SPIRIT, CLEAN THEIR FACE FROM JEZEBEL PAINT AND ALLOW THEIR HAIR TO GROW. THESE NEW AGE SO CALLED HOLY GHOST WOMEN ARE A DISGRACE.
KEEP PRESSING INTO THE KINGDOM MY BROTHER ,I LOVE YOU

Mar 22, 2011
If you shouldn't wear it to church, then you shouldn't be wearing it anywhere in public.

It is not about being IN the house of God. It is about BEING a house of God.
AMEN BRO........................

Mar 22, 2011
wow, Did I just read this correctly? It is a fad. alot of young people do this. So that means all young people are thugs??

And we wonder why people hate christians.
WHY ARE YOU TAKING DUDE OUT OF CONTEXT. DO YOU ADVERTISE YOUR ASS?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
YO DUDE, I CAN SEE YOUR TRUE COLOURS SHINING THROUGH. GOD BLESS YOU PRECIOUS BROTHER. WOMEN OUGHT NOT TO LOOK LIKE PROSTITUTES, THATS WHY THE LORD SANTFIES THEM WITH HIS SPIRIT, CLEAN THEIR FACE FROM JEZEBEL PAINT AND ALLOW THEIR HAIR TO GROW. THESE NEW AGE SO CALLED HOLY GHOST WOMEN ARE A DISGRACE.
KEEP PRESSING INTO THE KINGDOM MY BROTHER ,I LOVE YOU
Wait a minute now!!! I didnt say anything about make up or hair.. I see no problem with that.. I just women should dress modestly in church

Mar 22, 2011
Wait a minute now!!! I didnt say anything about make up or hair.. I see no problem with that.. I just women should dress modestly in church
COME ON DUDE, WATS UP MAAN, WE SEE YOU. WE CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES DUDE. STAY WITH BLOOD WITH YOUR RED OUTFIT ON. BUT WITH ALL TRUTH WHY SHOULD WOMEN BE A STUMBLING BLOCK UNTO BROTHERS.

May 21, 2009
Yeah it amazes me, Lets keep people who wear jeans and t-shirts, men with long hair, women with short hair who also wear make-up from listening to the word of God and finding god and growing in him.

These same pastors would have fainted if they saw the type of people Jesus hung out with, and they way they were dressed. Jesus shunned the uppity ups who thought they had it all together. And went to the people who needed him, Should the church not do the same.

Peter warns us about these people, who make the sickly and poor dressed to the back of the church, while giving the uppity ups front row seats.

If they came to my inner city church they would faint. Even the pastor wears jeans and t=shirts. We play rock christian music for service which the congregation really gets into. Alot of men have long hair. and women short hair, and they all wear make-up. Yet here I see alot of broken down inner city people who would be shunned by most of the world doing great things for God. and people coming to God and being spiritually healed more than i have seen in any fundamental church I spent 30 years of my life in. Who would not even allow most of these people in their doors!
And would call me satans soldier because I play an electric guitar and like to rock out praises to God.
It's sad for sure. Hypocrites in the church. They have no love and claim to be Gods children. As if they were some perfect beings. Not. There hearts are ugly as can be but oh how they love God. Yha right. If it wasn't so serious we could laugh about them. But these people are doing great damage to the other human beings. They will be held accountable for every soul they chased away from God.

E

eternally-gratefull

It's sad for sure. Hypocrites in the church. They have no love and claim to be Gods children. As if they were some perfect beings. Not. There hearts are ugly as can be but oh how they love God. Yha right. If it wasn't so serious we could laugh about them. But these people are doing great damage to the other human beings. They will be held accountable for every soul they chased away from God.
Yes, they might not be a pharisee in name, but they are in practice. if only they could see it.