Prophecy warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I also read that the war between the two sets of prophets has never gone away and the church needs more people to be fully trained if they suspect they have the gift of prophecy.
A controlling spirit seems to be the norm even when it is God's domain.

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
That's a really serious one. I'll go looking for that story in Acts, Paul recorded it. Simon the Magus (the one famous for saying "who is Jesus Christ that I should worship him") also had this slave girl who the Bible describes as having "had a demon familiar" and he made a lot of money on her.

She can't have been a real prophet, because the Bible is specific in saying that she had a demon, but it also says that he made a profit, so I assume that she was accurate.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
There are a lot of unusual people in the church these days
quick question..... are you just trying to get your post count up for some reason?
Just wondering why the wall of one-liners.... no offense meant, just curious.