Prophetic Christians ??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jruiz

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2013
565
5
18
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.. My moms pastor is prophetic ...I don't k ow if he foretells the "future" but I know god will tell him things about people he's praying for..anyways I lived a realy hard life! And right now I'm going through a lot with my husband wanting a divorce. Well I ask my mom if her pastor had said anything about my situation and she told me she didn't want to tell me but she said god had told him that I would always do things the hard way... Yes I always done things the hard way but why would god say that? It's not very encouraging. :/ does this sound right?
 
Eh, be careful of relying on prophetic words.
People can get to a point where they come to standstills in life, where they won't do anything until they get that magical prophetic word. They become paralyzed and unstable, and unable to make decisions, because they're always waiting on the next utterance from the prophet.

I'd suggest heavily relying on what God reveals in scripture. Learn right and wrong, and learn about the grace that saves you so you can learn right and wrong. Once you are trained in righteousness, your steps will be ordered accordingly. This will help you avoid life paralysis that comes from always waiting for direction from the latest utterance of a prophet.
 
Like it sounds like you're now mentally paralyzed and unable to move forward because of what this prophet has said.
You will always do things the hard way?

God's word says we are new creations, and that we change from glory to glory.
Allow God's word to shine some light on the areas of your life that need changing.
Then seek his grace and power to overcome that.

You don't need a prophetic word most of the time.
Just read and trust in the word that says you're a new creation, and that you change from glory to glory.
That's a better word than someone saying you're always gonna choose the hard way.
 
she said god had told him that I would always do things the hard way... Yes I always done things the hard way but why would god say that? It's not very encouraging. :/ does this sound right?

I'm always very wary of people claiming that God "told" them something specific like this. Especially a message that isn't constructive or edifying to it's recipient.
 
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.. My moms pastor is prophetic ...I don't k ow if he foretells the "future" but I know god will tell him things about people he's praying for..anyways I lived a realy hard life! And right now I'm going through a lot with my husband wanting a divorce. Well I ask my mom if her pastor had said anything about my situation and she told me she didn't want to tell me but she said god had told him that I would always do things the hard way... Yes I always done things the hard way but why would god say that? It's not very encouraging. :/ does this sound right?




Mark 2:9
9.Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'?
10: But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the man,
11 "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."


Matthew 7:13-14
13.“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way iseasythat leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

14.But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.


As we learn the scripture we understand God is not reluctant to help His people and lighten their burdens , He loves helping us and granting us His favor and grace and relief from a burdensome life by showering His great goodness and mercies in our life but there is a difficult way or a journey we all Children of God are called to walk and its the way of God which is indeed not an easy way for any of us because

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

But I believe Our compassionate Lord who prayed for his disciple Peter so that devil won't snatch him , can surely intervene and pray for us .

Jesus is the "Prophet like Mosses " prophesied in the old testament and Moses solved the hardest and difficult problems and issues of the people whereas there were elders elected to solve the easy issues for Israel.

So when there is something that's very difficult and too burdensome, I choose to ask the Lord to help me with that and at times I even request Him to pray for me after all He is the "Anointed one "and the most blessed of all.

God bless you and God help you.

Glory , praise and thanks be to God and to our Lord Jesus Christ alone.


 
Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.. My moms pastor is prophetic ...I don't k ow if he foretells the "future" but I know god will tell him things about people he's praying for..anyways I lived a realy hard life! And right now I'm going through a lot with my husband wanting a divorce. Well I ask my mom if her pastor had said anything about my situation and she told me she didn't want to tell me but she said god had told him that I would always do things the hard way... Yes I always done things the hard way but why would god say that? It's not very encouraging. :/ does this sound right?

You can find a bit of a study Here on seeking and receiving guidance from God...

Guidance under the Old Covenant was through the mediation of priest or prophet (1Sam 9v6), however, under the New Covenant God guides us personally, ie without mediation, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8v14, Heb 8v11

Yahweh Shalom...
 
Yeah. Most modern 'prophets' function more like psychics than messengers from God. All he really did was give a psychological read on you. This is something anyone with a decent skill in reading people and figure out. God didn't tell him anything, he just figured it out.
And really, look, you're treating him like a psychic too. Read the bible, people didn't go up to prophets and ask for advice, hints about their future, etc.. because that's not how prophecy worked. Prophecy wasn't a parlor trick or a personal future telling device. It was God moving in a person to get His message out. If you really want to hear from God, pray, don't go seeking magic answers from psuedo-psychics holding a bible.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.. My moms pastor is prophetic ...I don't k ow if he foretells the "future" but I know god will tell him things about people he's praying for..anyways I lived a realy hard life! And right now I'm going through a lot with my husband wanting a divorce. Well I ask my mom if her pastor had said anything about my situation and she told me she didn't want to tell me but she said god had told him that I would always do things the hard way... Yes I always done things the hard way but why would god say that? It's not very encouraging. :/ does this sound right?
 
Yeah ugly I feel like you might be right.. I honestly don't know if he would of came to that conclusion unless my mom didn't give him information about me. ..and another thing is why would god tell him that? And why was that necessary ?? To make me feel like I'm always gonna have a hard life..so just give up..?
 
The thing with receiving a prophetic word second-hand is that you are 1. receiving what is remembered of the word, not all of the word and 2. receiving what they heard, which is not necessarily what was said.

And, honestly, don't all Christians do things the hard way? :) We are born with sinful natures and a natural inclination to rebel against God.