Prophetic dream?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Last night I was going to be bed thinking about the dreams my friend had and how it relates to bible prophecy and also how much of it is even in scripture to begin with and I thought to myself you know it has been a really long time since I have had a dream and I went to bed talking to God about all kinds of things and finally said if you would be willing to give me a dream I would gladly accept it.

Then I was suddenly in a dream and I guess I was visiting an old friend he is an elderly man and I think I was going to help him with something at his house. he came out of a room to the right and starting talking but in the middle of the chatter which was just casual chatter he suddenly spoke like he was speaking in prophecy and said to me Blain it is going to be ok he then spoke Isaiah 1:4

Woe to the sinful nation,
a people whose guilt is great,
a brood of evildoers,
children given to corruption!
They have forsaken the Lord;
they have spurned the Holy One of Israel
and turned their backs on him.

I then was suddenly in some kind of sheltered place which was not exactly a physical one I just perceived it as a place of safety and security and it appeared there was a massive shortage on food outside this place of safety it was dangerous and there was war but in the shelter we had plenty of food drinks and we all were happy and safe it was like a haven of some kind

This dream seemed profound to me .

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
No one here can confirm if the dream has any meaning. People who believe in such things will all say it is, as they do every time the question is asked. Which suggests a lack of discernment. And those that don't believe in such things will all deny it.
A few will try to interpret and none of them will match up.

Seems to me the only one who can answer is God as He's the only one who would know.
But then again people who ask such questions are looking for others to confirm what they already believe more than looking for an answer. That's why they go to people.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
No one here can confirm if the dream has any meaning. People who believe in such things will all say it is, as they do every time the question is asked. Which suggests a lack of discernment. And those that don't believe in such things will all deny it.
A few will try to interpret and none of them will match up.

Seems to me the only one who can answer is God as He's the only one who would know.
But then again people who ask such questions are looking for others to confirm what they already believe more than looking for an answer. That's why they go to people.
I would suggest that is a rather bleak way of looking at it, there have been some of peoples dreams that I was given the interpretation of and some I was not but I have seen some who are gifted in interpretation. The gifts of the spirit are still alive.

I am rarely ever able to interpret my own dreams and so before I assume anything I always seek the wisdom of others the good thing about not being able to interpret my dreams is I don't have a pre established view of it to seek confirmation, there have been some I was given the meaning of but not until several years later but most I am unable to interpret.

I understand what you are saying though as I have seen much of this as well but we cannot let that make our lenses dark

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
In Daniel there is teaching on this goes pretty much like this, "Does not the meaning of the dream belong to the author of the dream?", I ask Him for dreams He always gives them, I ask He bring them to my remembrance later that I might come to Him for the meaning, He always does. I hope this is a blessing for you.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Last night I was going to be bed thinking about the dreams my friend had and how it relates to bible prophecy and also how much of it is even in scripture to begin with and I thought to myself you know it has been a really long time since I have had a dream and I went to bed talking to God about all kinds of things and finally said if you would be willing to give me a dream I would gladly accept it.

Then I was suddenly in a dream and I guess I was visiting an old friend he is an elderly man and I think I was going to help him with something at his house. he came out of a room to the right and starting talking but in the middle of the chatter which was just casual chatter he suddenly spoke like he was speaking in prophecy and said to me Blain it is going to be ok he then spoke Isaiah 1:4

a brood of evildoers,

I then was suddenly in some kind of sheltered place which was not exactly a physical one I just perceived it as a place of safety and security and it appeared there was a massive shortage on food outside this place of safety it was dangerous and there was war but in the shelter we had plenty of food drinks and we all were happy and safe it was like a haven of some kind

I believe there is a difference between a servant and a bondslave, and that believers can be either one. It's a whole other thread to explain it, but I believe the bondslaves alone are the Bride of Christ.

Hosea talks about a woman who is drawn into the wilderness who becomes a bride; Revelation speaks of the same. Matthew 24 Jesus speaks about those in Judea fleeing to the mountains - the Judeans as a group being particularly close to Him.

For time times and half a time - this being half of the generally accepted 7 years of the 'tribulation'.

My understanding is that we all see judgment, which is the first half of the 7 years; then we are either 'raptured' or taken to the wilderness before the 2nd half period of wrath, depending on whether we are a servant or a bondslave. Servants attend the Bridal feast, while the Bride is prepared elsewhere.

Since your dream involves you being taken to a safe place, perhaps God is telling you that He sees you as a bondslave.

Wonderland

May 6, 2010
I love your dream.

I've recently gotten into dream interpretation, and since have had hundreds of dreams. I write (most of them) down. Some I've gotten the interpretation for, some the interpretation has come later, and some are still a mystery to me.

Keep dreaming! Write them down (even if they seem like pizza dreams--you might be surprised at what God is trying to say) and learn from some seasoned dream interpreters like Cindy McGill or Cherie Goff.

God bless,

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

a brood of evildoers,

I love the dream, it certainly appears to be a dream of the rapture and the coming judgement.

I also love Subhumanoids response because it is the reason I don't pray for dreams.

I also love Shittim's response because when I do pray for dreams I get them, they are very helpful to me.

There are people who have had prophetic dreams and visions, but like Ken Peters says they cause him far more trouble than anything else.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I love the dream, it certainly appears to be a dream of the rapture and the coming judgement.

I also love Subhumanoids response because it is the reason I don't pray for dreams.

I also love Shittim's response because when I do pray for dreams I get them, they are very helpful to me.

There are people who have had prophetic dreams and visions, but like Ken Peters says they cause him far more trouble than anything else.
I mainly have visions but when I do have dreams I can always tell if it is from God or not his dreams have a different feel to them. most times I get an idea of what my dream means but I always seek confirmation from others to be sure and I also got the sense it was about the rapture and the coming judgement.
As far as dreams that cause trouble the thing is when you open yourself to receiving dreams from God you are also open to dreams from the enemy I have been attacked in many dreams one time a demon even pinned me down with great blood lust wanted to tear me apart with it's teeth but I stopped it and said it could only do so if there was sin in my life and none was found so it had to leave me alone.

I haven't had much practice in dream interpretation but I have always been keen on telling if a dream was from God or not I am verywell versed in discernment of spirits but some people want dreams to be from God and sometimes they are just normal dreams one lady even got mad at me for telling her it was just a normal dream.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I have been attacked in many dreams one time a demon even pinned me down with great blood lust wanted to tear me apart with it's teeth but I stopped it and said it could only do so if there was sin in my life and none was found so it had to leave me alone.
Are you saying you're sinless? 🤔

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We need to be to the best of our ability and awareness.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
If we want to know about end time truth (regarding the Great Tribulation, rapture, Second Coming of Christ etc.) we go to The Scriptures and NOT to doubtful dreams and visions arising from one's own mind or imagination, or from Satan! 2Peter 1v19-21, Isaiah 8v19,20.

Dreams and visions have their place in the Body of Christ (especially during the last days), but NOT in dealing with end time prophecy! Acts 2v16-21,38,39.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Just like to add to my last post in this thread, it is something that a very mature Christian once said to me:

"You cannot teach (Pentecostal) babes supernatural things, you will only get carnal impersonations."

And that, Blain, is what you are experiencing!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
your mature Christian friend was in error.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
If we want to know about end time truth (regarding the Great Tribulation, rapture, Second Coming of Christ etc.) we go to The Scriptures and NOT to doubtful dreams and visions arising from one's own mind or imagination, or from Satan! 2Peter 1v19-21, Isaiah 8v19,20.

Dreams and visions have their place in the Body of Christ (especially during the last days), but NOT in dealing with end time prophecy! Acts 2v16-21,38,39.
What are their dreams, visions, and prophesies in the last days if not of the end times?