A
Ariel82
Guest
It all depends on what or who you place your faith in to rather it's false or holy prayer.
I don't see the Bible talk about "prophetic prayer".
There is a difference between prophecy and prayer and to merge the two seems to make both unnecessarily confusing.
Personally I like things simple and based upon the Bible.
Sometimes God reveals His will to His people before it happens...that is prophecy. God reveals such things about my own personal life in dreams. Normally when He is allowing the Enemy to work in a loved ones life and as a warning to unpleasant things that I might encounter or as mile markers in my life that tell me I am following His plan.
I had a dream months ago about walking the knife edge of a ridge. It was vivid and strange since last week was the first time I ever want backpacking, but it showed me not to give up and all we have to do is take one right and faithful step. Eventually we will make it to sanctuary from the Enemy attacks in the loving arms of our brothers and sisters.
Prayer is a conversation with GOD.
We have prayers of thanksgiving, prayers requesting help, etc.
The only situation where I can see something being called "prophetic prayers" was if God revealed that you would meet someone struggling and would have to,pray God's blessing over them. However, I would rather call that words of encouragement since that is what the Bible calls it.
Title caught my attention...prayers should not be like rubbing a genie lamp and prophecy should always point people to Christ or its more demonic soothsaying.