Prophets, real or false

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MaggieMye

1 Corinthians 14:5

Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.

Sep 25, 2009
1 Corinthians 14:5

Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.
Paul is hardly an authority on what Elyon says.

M

MaggieMye

And YOU, dear young friend, are hardly an authority either. You say you are a follower of Jesus? Are you? If you are, and you cannot accept His Word as an answer to something you say, then you have some lack of wisdom and understanding issues. I don't mean to be harsh, but some of the things you say simply not only do not make sense, and the 'attitude' in the tone is of rebellion.

Prophecy TODAY IS for the EDIFICATION of the CHURCH. Period. God's word says so.
And if you're NOT a follower of Jesus, why bother with this site?

L

lil-rush

And if you're NOT a follower of Jesus, why bother with this site?
Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew. Messianic Jew.

How many times must it be said before you guys accept that Arel believes Jesus is the Messiah?

M

MaggieMye

Messianic.....as in Messiah....as in JESUS. You either believe the WHOLE BIBLE or none of it. It supports itself using both OT and NT. Then she is a follower of JESUS and the whole NT is HIS WORD.
so again "Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.

L

lil-rush

Messianic.....as in Messiah....as in JESUS. You either believe the WHOLE BIBLE or none of it. It supports itself using both OT and NT. Then he is a follower of JESUS and the whole NT is HIS WORD.
Yes, as in Jesus, as in he is a follower of Christ, so you should stop questioning whether he is or not when it has been made abundantly clear that he is.

That's just it. Arel doesn't consider Paul scripture, so according to his beliefs, he DOES believe the whole Bible.

Jan 8, 2009
Even the devil believes Jesus is the Messiah that doesn't mean the devil is saved. Anyone's rejection of the servant and apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul, shows they do not believe in the saviour no matter whether they calls him Elyon, Elroy, Elridge, G-d, Yeshuah, Yatzac or whatever he likes and that goes for everyone not just Arel. Frankly I think some people slap a star of david on their avatar and use Hebrew words just to show how important they think they are and they think they're more godly or closer to God than anyone else, particularly us gentile followers of Paul aka Christians whom they encourage to keep the Law of Moses and Judaize in contradiction to the gospel of grace by faith and what Jesus's apostles taught.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2009
I know, right? That would suck :p

L

lil-rush

I wouldn't want you coming here to go to college if you were the devil. just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.