C
Crazylove
Guest
I am really considering becoming a nun. One problem though.... I'm protestant. What all to Catholics believe differently? Would I b wrong to convert?
I am really considering becoming a nun. One problem though.... I'm protestant. What all to Catholics believe differently? Would I b wrong to convert?
hmmmmm what do you think hmmmm who is the Mother of protestant churches ?
I am really considering becoming a nun. One problem though.... I'm protestant. What all to Catholics believe differently? Would I b wrong to convert?
Haha! I don't even no what a Mother is?![]()
I am really considering becoming a nun. One problem though.... I'm protestant. What all to Catholics believe differently? Would I b wrong to convert?
The catholic church is the mother church of Protestant churches
The Gospel would be the biggest separation. Catholicism wouldn't know the Gospel if it stood before them.I can see a conflict arising between your beliefs if you became a nun. Check out what Luther nailed on the door of the Catholic church and you'll see what separates Protestant and Catholic beliefs.![]()
Catholicism is a false Gospel.
Nunnery isn't scriptural, but there are some similarities with scripture on specific items.
I was Catholic. All of my extended family is Catholic. Some very devout, some not very much. And I'll tell you what impact Catholicism has had on my family so far: false security, spiritual conformism, religiosity, idolatry, and superstitions. The fruit of the Spirit? Nope, nowhere to be found. But that's only my observation. I don't believe Catholicism teaches the true gospel because they added so much to it that the message of the gospel has been blurred and watered down. In other words, it's not the gospel of Jesus Christ. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I've seen the fruits of Catholicism and it saddens me.
May I ask why you are considering becoming a nun? I don't think it's biblical.....I mean, we are called to reach people from all nations and I don't know how you would do that if you don't ever get out of a building.
I was thinking of th sister kind that go out on th streets in neighborhoods. I just saw documentaries on brides of Christ and thought the lifestyle seemed pretty cool (from what they showed of course). From reading the comments though, I'm not as interested in nunnery anymore.
I was Catholic. All of my extended family is Catholic. Some very devout, some not very much. And I'll tell you what impact Catholicism has had on my family so far: false security, spiritual conformism, religiosity, idolatry, and superstitions. The fruit of the Spirit? Nope, nowhere to be found. But that's only my observation. I don't believe Catholicism teaches the true gospel because they added so much to it that the message of the gospel has been blurred and watered down. In other words, it's not the gospel of Jesus Christ. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I've seen the fruits of Catholicism and it saddens me.
May I ask why you are considering becoming a nun? I don't think it's biblical.....I mean, we are called to reach people from all nations and I don't know how you would do that if you don't ever get out of a building.