Protests in Toronto over speaker talking against Transgender Ideology...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Here's the link:

https://nationalpost.com/news/megha...trans-wars-breaking-out-at-the-public-library

In a nutshell Megan Murphy is an avowed feminist who opposes the extension of rights for Transgender men for things like using female lavatories and locker rooms. The Toronto Public Library is allowing her to speak and its causing an uproar among what I would consider the extreme left, but PC thinking has become so pervasive that even the mayor is against allowing Ms Murphy to speak.

I do not believe she is approaching this from a Christian perspective, or any other religious point of view.....it seems her views are based on simple common sense. Common sense that is supported by scripture for those of us who are Christians. You're either a man or you're a woman.....how one "feels" shouldn't determine public policy, regardless of one's religious views.

J

Jenny23

This reminds me of Dr. Jordan Peterson and his stand against Bill C-16 in Canada. He has never claimed to be a Christian, but he stood against the compelled speech that Bill C-16 would require for people regarding similar issues.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
This reminds me of Dr. Jordan Peterson and his stand against Bill C-16 in Canada. He has never claimed to be a Christian, but he stood against the compelled speech that Bill C-16 would require for people regarding similar issues.
I just checked and, not surprsingly perhaps, Peterson's answer to the question "are you a Christian" is filled with nuance....he says the simple answer is yes, but then he goes on to say that while he doesn't believe in God he is afraid that He might exist.

It seems for Peterson being a Christian means emulating Christ.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Movements tend to fracture quickly when they sense they're ascendant. If people suddenly sense their faith is tolerated, they will often go about purging heretics. Biologically-chastened feminists are considered anathema because they have prioritized themselves over the revolution.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I admire his courage and have benefited from listening to his piecemeal insights, but he is sadly no Christian.

Not only was the answer to that question disappointing, but he sees Christianity itself through the lens of Jungian psychology and myth. Some great men have come to Christ and brought others to Christ through the study of myth- CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien, Rene Girard, and so forth. Peterson, regrettably does not unless his hearers deviate some from his core Jungian suppositions.

I just checked and, not surprsingly perhaps, Peterson's answer to the question "are you a Christian" is filled with nuance....he says the simple answer is yes, but then he goes on to say that while he doesn't believe in God he is afraid that He might exist.

It seems for Peterson being a Christian means emulating Christ.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
One great thing about leftist agendas is that it pushes many left of center people to the right. And it’s beautiful.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I just hope it doesn't further dilute American conservatism.

One great thing about leftist agendas is that it pushes many left of center people to the right. And it’s beautiful.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
That is certainly true of me. Although I consider myself as basically a centrist, most of my friends now think of me as being on the right....

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Perhaps your friends are right. I've come to find other people are often more right about me than I am...but maybe that's just me.

That is certainly true of me. Although I consider myself as basically a centrist, most of my friends now think of me as being on the right....

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Perhaps your friends are right. I've come to find other people are often more right about me than I am...but maybe that's just me.
There are personality profile tests where a series of words are given, and first you're asked which ones identify how you think of yourself, then second you're asked to pick which word describe how other's view you....its and interesting excercise. Some people think of themselves as introverted, but they cover it up by making a concious effort to be extroverted.

Things typically viewed as left leaning....like extending the vote to women, and measures for racial equality.....these are good things. Now though, its like the left has run out of things to fight for so they're making stuff up....picking fights that aren't even remotely based on fact.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
"The issue is not the issue. Revolution is the issue."-Old Hippie Saying

There are personality profile tests where a series of words are given, and first you're asked which ones identify how you think of yourself, then second you're asked to pick which word describe how other's view you....its and interesting excercise. Some people think of themselves as introverted, but they cover it up by making a concious effort to be extroverted.

Things typically viewed as left leaning....like extending the vote to women, and measures for racial equality.....these are good things. Now though, its like the left has run out of things to fight for so they're making stuff up....picking fights that aren't even remotely based on fact.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I was definitely a liberal with the exception of abortion; I’ve always been pro life.

I was actually happy when bill clinton was first elected POTUS, but my transition towards conservatism began immediately once hillary clinton opened her mouth back in 1993.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Liberals do not believe in racially equality. Once a Black American leaves the Democratic plantation, they are vilified by the left. And I mean vilified without remorse.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It's really amazing how fast they'll turn on somebody over that.

Liberals do not believe in racially equality. Once a Black American leaves the Democratic plantation, they are vilified by the left. And I mean vilified without remorse.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I was definitely a liberal with the exception of abortion; I’ve always been pro life.

I was actually happy when bill clinton was first elected POTUS, but my transition towards conservatism began immediately once hillary clinton opened her mouth back in 1993.
I'm Canadian, but like many here I keep an eye on the American political scene....I actually spent a lot of my younger years growing up in the United States, NYC, NJ and OR. I find it somewhat depressing, and perhaps telling that out of 300+ million people that Hillary and Donald were the best you could come up with....its no better here of course, we just have more lousy choices because of our parliamentary system and multiple parties.

But when I consider the state of political discourse both in the U.S. and in Canada....perhaps its not surprising that better people don't decide to run....the smart ones know to stay away.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I'm Canadian, but like many here I keep an eye on the American political scene....I actually spent a lot of my younger years growing up in the United States, NYC, NJ and OR. I find it somewhat depressing, and perhaps telling that out of 300+ million people that Hillary and Donald were the best you could come up with....its no better here of course, we just have more lousy choices because of our parliamentary system and multiple parties.

But when I consider the state of political discourse both in the U.S. and in Canada....perhaps its not surprising that better people don't decide to run....the smart ones know to stay away.
I respect your views and only want the best for Canada, but make no mistake, Trump is the greatest President since Abraham Lincoln, if not ever. Look what he’s up against. On a side note, where did you live in NJ?

U

UnderGrace

Yes, the state of present political discourse.... have you seen the movie Idiocracy?