Proverbs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Would anyone like to read Proverbs with me? Like a chapter or verses or something a day posted on the thread.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:

2 for gaining wisdom and instruction;
for understanding words of insight;

3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
doing what is right and just and fair;

4 for giving prudence to those who are simple,
knowledge and discretion to the young—

5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance—

6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

I chose the NIV for ease of readability, but you may read any version translation you like :)

I have read through the Psalms recently with Bob, so I like your idea of reading Proverbs :D

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
8 Mockers stir up a city, but wise men turn away anger.
9 If a wise man goes to court with a fool, the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace.
10 Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.
11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.
Prov 29

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I'm on ch. 23 today as it is the 23rd day of April. I try to do one chapter per day every month.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The ideal way to read proverbs is one chapter per day.
There are 31 chapters in proverbs = one chapter for each day of the month
the wisdom of proverbs is too rich for a person to digest with just one reading
also no matter how many times one reads proverbs there is always something new to learn or a suitable lesson
for each day

Proverbs 25:16 (ESV)
16 If you have found honey, eat only enough for you, lest you have your fill of it and vomit it.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
The ideal way to read proverbs is one chapter per day.
There are 31 chapters in proverbs = one chapter for each day of the month
the wisdom of proverbs is too rich for a person to digest with just one reading
also no matter how many times one reads proverbs there is always something new to learn or a suitable lesson
for each day

Proverbs 25:16 (ESV)
16 If you have found honey, eat only enough for you, lest you have your fill of it and vomit it.
What is vegemite? :ROFL:

K

KnowMe

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Given that yesterday was April 23rd or still is for you laggers ...
this one is a favourite verse - note the verse numerics

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Given that yesterday was April 23rd or still is for you laggers ...
this one is a favourite verse - note the verse numerics

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried by the fire, that thou mayest be made rich:
and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed
(Revelation 3:18)
______________________:)

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
"Vegemite is a slightly spiced yeast extract with vegetables. Vegemite has a tangy, savoury taste that goes perfectly in sandwiches and other lunch foods."......I feel like the end part is a lie

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Vegemite - The Real Story:

Australian beer makers noticed they had a lot of weird sludge left over, after making the beer.
Instead of paying to haul the sludge to the dump, they decided, "Hey, maybe we can make something out of this, and sell it."
So they added spices and vegetable extract, till it wasn't too horrible, and packaged it as a sandwich spread... and then sold it to mums for children's lunches.

Most Australians have grown up eating this weird beer sludge mixed with veggies... and it's become an entrenched part of their culture.

It's supposed to be brimming with vitamins.
I'm not sure if it really is, or if that's mostly marketing hype.
But Australians love the stuff, and the rest of the world thinks it's the weirdest thing since chocolate covered ants.

All cultures have their own weird things... that's fine.
And hey, at least Australians aren't eating haggis.

Dec 12, 2013
What is vegemite? :ROFL:
Disgusting HAHAH and for sure an acquired Aussie treat......I tried it once and then used Vodka to wash my mouth out with HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA and like Billy.....I did not swallow (inhale)

Dec 12, 2013
Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.......

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Vegemite - The Real Story:

Australian beer makers noticed they had a lot of weird sludge left over, after making the beer.
Instead of paying to haul the sludge to the dump, they decided, "Hey, maybe we can make something out of this, and sell it."
So they added spices and vegetable extract, till it wasn't too horrible, and packaged it as a sandwich spread... and then sold it to mums for children's lunches.

Most Australians have grown up eating this weird beer sludge mixed with veggies... and it's become an entrenched part of their culture.

It's supposed to be brimming with vitamins.
I'm not sure if it really is, or if that's mostly marketing hype.
But Australians love the stuff, and the rest of the world thinks it's the weirdest thing since chocolate covered ants.

All cultures have their own weird things... that's fine.
And hey, at least Australians aren't eating haggis.

What's haggis? lol

Dec 12, 2013
What's haggis? lol
hag·gis
/ˈhaɡəs/
noun

a Scottish dish consisting of a sheep's or calf's offal mixed with suet, oatmeal, and seasoning and boiled in a bag, traditionally one made from the animal's stomach