Psalms 130

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
  • “Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Jehovah.” (Psalms 130.1).

I don’t know the greatness of your predicament (perhaps a hot potato). Nevertheless, I assure you that there isn’t pit so deep that Jesus can’t reach you. Many time we pray:

• “Lord, hear my voice, and let Your ears listen to the voice of My prayers.” (Psalms 130:2).

It seems that Jesus is running about trying to carry out everyone else’s prayer. The impression that we have is that Jesus is very demanding:

• “If You will keep in mind iniquities, O Jehovah, who shall stand, O Lord?” (Psalms 130:3)

However, who is keeping our iniquities in mind and heart? Many times, we are abetting this mischievous behavior and we expect that Jesus assuage our rapacious appetite. Notwithstanding, what do you figure that Jesus will bring with Him?

• “But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.” (Psalms 130:4)

Many times, we don’t wish to be redeemed, let alone to redeem who offend us. On the contrary: we try to change the nature of the Lamb of the Lord (Revelation 6.16), so that He get angry at whom we consider to be worth of suffering. And we have audacity of whimpering when He don’t come:

• I wait for Jehovah, my soul waits, and in His Word I hope.” (Psa 130:5)

Be careful with what you bide (Amos 5.18-20)!!! If you wait that Jesus gets even with who harms you, don’t forget that in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, for you who judge do the same things (Romans 2.1). If you wait that Jesus light your life, keep in mind that all blessing of Jesus for you aims at make you into what is suitable for Him to save who hates you:

• “My soul waits for Jehovah more than morning-watchers who are watching for the morning.” (Psalms 130.6).

Have a fabulous weekend with your heart fraught of light, that is, without hatred:

• “He who says he is in the light and hates his brother is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no offense in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because darkness has blinded his eyes.” (1John 2.9-11).

If you really love Jesus, you have to love redemption, inasmuch as this is what exists in Him:

• “Let Israel hope in Jehovah; for with Jehovah there is mercy, and with Him is plentiful redemption. And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.” (Psalms 130.7,8).