Would you have said to Jesus what you said to Nufan?
Goes for me too, friend
I would give you the truth of the Word ---WHO IS JESUS _____Period-----If you don't like the Word then you don't like Jesus -----
Would you have said to Jesus what you said to Nufan?
Goes for me too, friend
I don't know what to believe in anymore, but this Psalm brought me to a good place.
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
There's just so much information and views and beliefs and different ways of following after righteousness its just mind-boggling to me, everything that's going on in the world, everything that's going on in my life personally, everything that's going on with this country right now. I'm just not sure what to believe. I kinda have reached this place in my walk where I'm not really looking to follow a belife to bring me closer to God. I want to experience God's word working in my life.That's what I want. And I wanna know how I can come into alignment. This psalm has helped me to do that.
I'm gonna like your post. Cause it's technically not wrong. But why don't you share something about yourself? Why don't you try to get to know me?What was it like when you first entered the faith. Have you always believed? And I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way, but this is very upsetting how I was treated.
“Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.”
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
“And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD. Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers. Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots: their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: and the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty. The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.”
Isaiah 2:2-3, 5-11
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
Mark 16:15-16
“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Matthew 28:18-
I do believe that god exists although I do question the method and reason why people served God and I also would have the question they're motive behind their service. I think a lot of times people can get caught up on sharing the truth and revealing what God has to say but act it in a way that is not loving. I think God's more intrested in how we were loving towards others. Then how right we are when arguing or debating about what is true. I also don't think God is as interested in what path we choose But more about what we are learning and how we are growing and how this experience that we're going through is drawing us closer to god. We can a lot of times choose the wrong path but god uses it as a way to draw us near to him self and to be used as a testimony for others, I think it's good to come from a place of understanding and to have a shared experience in our struggles and to encourage one another..I at age twelve had an experience, lost in the woods, was at a church camp, was told to put out a fire then meet at the cabin about 1 to 2 miles away, to follow the trail
I put out the fire, I did not have a flash light or a coat and it was cold. I, at age twelve was arrogant and just hit the path to walk back, and my leg foot fell into a hole in the ground. I went into prayer mode immediately, I remember putting my hands clasped and then I was in front of the cabin, my hands and arms in front of me, coming down. Wow, woe is me right then and there.
I was amazed and ran into the cabin and started apologizing for my actions I had been doing all week there at church camp, prior. I knew then and there God loves me, and all others also.
Then two years later at 14, my youngest sister died on an overdose of drugs and alcohol.
Devastated, I did not turn against God, I did not understand, and got confused and said what is the use. I asked my Mom and she, I remember could not tell me a thing. She could not answer it either. I know she had to be troubled also. Yes, her being a loving and merciful Mother, I felt she should have known. All she said to me then, was
I do not know, I do know, you will figure it out, I got a lot troubled over it. I became an alcoholic and started using drugs too as she, my sister did.
Then at age 17, my dad died at age 63, with many physical ailments and anger coming through him. Never beat me or hurt me. I saw him troubled deeply, and I believe it was over my sister dying. That got the best of him physically.
Then my Eldest brother died also. He died at age 31, I was 21. He died on Campus Crusade for Christ, John Schultz. They in his death certificate never found a cause of death physically. that got put on his death certificate, cause of death unknown.
I at age 21, was convinced, beyond any shadow of any doubt, Father and Son are real, as real as the air I breathe that I do not normally see physically.
I, in investigating his death, heard the last saying he said to my other sister, he stated this over the phone to her.
"God just loves me"
Now, the last words John said to me, before his passing away on Campus Crusade for Christ
was "Howard" all this drinking ( I could tell, he wanted to berate me over it) yet all of a sudden he stepped back and then came back and said to me
All I can say is: "It is not good for you to continue". 6 to 7 years later I heard in me, in my soul from God, the reason why I was an alcoholic. It was I would not accept my sister Sue as dead. I accepted this and lost all desire to drink and do drugs ever since. I'm 68 now. I have got caught up in other things also, that I am learning, learned are not good for me as well. left them as gone, thanks to God's done work of Son, saw this over time in not quitting trusting God to teach me new, all the way to hearing what Paul heard in 2 Cor 12:7-10 and Phil Chapters 1-3
Reading, the Bible with the only purpose to know and trust God all in all, frees, freed me and I trust God all in all to free us all too, between God and them each personally too. Those that are sincere, thank you as I suspect you are sincere too
Thank you for sharing. I would like to share something that I went through. It was an encounter. When you have a real encounter with God, you never leave the same, you're forever changed and different. This experience ruined the world for me. I just can't find satisfaction or fulfillments or purpose in this world anymore. I tried so hard to find what it is that God was sharing with me through church. I find that no matter how hard I search. It always falls short. Because what I experienced was something that was not of this world. I had this experience with God. I was quieting my mind and was in contemplation. As I was doing this I had this awareness of this pain and suffering and longing. As this experience of feeling was becoming more and more present in my awareness, I thought that maybe I should break the connection and to stop focusing my attention on it, cause I thought maybe it was something that was bad. Well, it turns out as I started to do this, I could hear this small, quiet voice say, don't be afraid, do not turn away because what you are encountering and experiencing right now is the human condition. This is what we all must go through. So I started to focus on it again, and as I began to focus on it, what I encountered was this love. It was a unconditional, it was a love that had no expectation, no demands, it didn't require me to jump through any hoop or put on a performance or to be a certain way. It just simply accepted me as I am even in my sinful nature, and as I started to encounter this love it broke, and I began to cry. I told this presence of love that im not worthy and to not come any closer, because I am sinful and I am filthy. I saw this love as something that was precious, something that was holy and pure. I was afraid that I would defile it. I feared that I would contaminate this precious love that everyone is searching for and in need of. I remember this face smiled at me and came closer. The more I protested and said don't come near the closer it got untill I broke. It was not ashamed or afraid of my sin.It just simply longed to come closer because it knew that this presence of love was the medicine I needed to get well. I then experienced the compassion god has for all of us. I remember that this love wasn't being judgmental. It wasn't being condemning, It wasn't speaking about religion, it didn't share a name and it wasn't talking about what faith you need to follow. It was just presence loving my soul. I then saw why we are here and why we go through this human experience. What I was shown is that when we ate the forbidden fruit, we forgot how to love and it is by experiencing the human condition that we are brought to a point where we cry out to God and are in need of him, and it is then that we are then reminded of what love is. We also have this human experience because God wants to provide us with opportunities to then share gods love with others. We can then show compassion and mercy to one another.Because we have a shared experience. And this is what then gives us purpose of meaning and connection. Gods been really putting it on my heart because I would have all these experiences that would get me through, but now I'm reaching a point where it's like nothing can fulfill me. So the only thing that's left is for me to then share gods love and compassion with others. So that's what I'm working on right now. How can I do that? This is a lot for me to sort out because like I said, I can't find a place in the world that even comes Close to what I encountered from God. But on the other hand I really think that I would prefer to reach out to those who were lost and broken then to reach out to prideful and arrogant christians. I'm just really struggling with finding where God wants me and how he wants me to share. But really I find that God is using me in my day to day life.The people that are already in my life. That's also why I'm really not sure what to believe anymore, because what I encounter with God just shows me that a lot of what people believe and put a lot of emphasis on doesn't really matter that much to God and he just wants us to encounter his love and share with others. I also found from this experience that God doesn't control our journey. He allows us to choose what path we will go down. He will then walk that path with us. And he will then work all things for his good and his glory in the end.I at age twelve had an experience, lost in the woods, was at a church camp, was told to put out a fire then meet at the cabin about 1 to 2 miles away, to follow the trail
I put out the fire, I did not have a flash light or a coat and it was cold. I, at age twelve was arrogant and just hit the path to walk back, and my leg foot fell into a hole in the ground. I went into prayer mode immediately, I remember putting my hands clasped and then I was in front of the cabin, my hands and arms in front of me, coming down. Wow, woe is me right then and there.
I was amazed and ran into the cabin and started apologizing for my actions I had been doing all week there at church camp, prior. I knew then and there God loves me, and all others also.
Then two years later at 14, my youngest sister died on an overdose of drugs and alcohol.
Devastated, I did not turn against God, I did not understand, and got confused and said what is the use. I asked my Mom and she, I remember could not tell me a thing. She could not answer it either. I know she had to be troubled also. Yes, her being a loving and merciful Mother, I felt she should have known. All she said to me then, was
I do not know, I do know, you will figure it out, I got a lot troubled over it. I became an alcoholic and started using drugs too as she, my sister did.
Then at age 17, my dad died at age 63, with many physical ailments and anger coming through him. Never beat me or hurt me. I saw him troubled deeply, and I believe it was over my sister dying. That got the best of him physically.
Then my Eldest brother died also. He died at age 31, I was 21. He died on Campus Crusade for Christ, John Schultz. They in his death certificate never found a cause of death physically. that got put on his death certificate, cause of death unknown.
I at age 21, was convinced, beyond any shadow of any doubt, Father and Son are real, as real as the air I breathe that I do not normally see physically.
I, in investigating his death, heard the last saying he said to my other sister, he stated this over the phone to her.
"God just loves me"
Now, the last words John said to me, before his passing away on Campus Crusade for Christ
was "Howard" all this drinking ( I could tell, he wanted to berate me over it) yet all of a sudden he stepped back and then came back and said to me
All I can say is: "It is not good for you to continue". 6 to 7 years later I heard in me, in my soul from God, the reason why I was an alcoholic. It was I would not accept my sister Sue as dead. I accepted this and lost all desire to drink and do drugs ever since. I'm 68 now. I have got caught up in other things also, that I am learning, learned are not good for me as well. left them as gone, thanks to God's done work of Son, saw this over time in not quitting trusting God to teach me new, all the way to hearing what Paul heard in 2 Cor 12:7-10 and Phil Chapters 1-3
Reading, the Bible with the only purpose to know and trust God all in all, frees, freed me and I trust God all in all to free us all too, between God and them each personally too. Those that are sincere, thank you as I suspect you are sincere too
Thank you for sharing. I would like to share something that I went through. It was an encounter. When you have a real encounter with God, you never leave the same, you're forever changed and different. This experience ruined the world for me. I just can't find satisfaction or fulfillments or purpose in this world anymore. I tried so hard to find what it is that God was sharing with me through church. I find that no matter how hard I search. It always falls short. Because what I experienced was something that was not of this world. I had this experience with God. I was quieting my mind and was in contemplation. As I was doing this I had this awareness of this pain and suffering and longing. As this experience of feeling was becoming more and more present in my awareness, I thought that maybe I should break the connection and to stop focusing my attention on it, cause I thought maybe it was something that was bad. Well, it turns out as I started to do this, I could hear this small, quiet voice say, don't be afraid, do not turn away because what you are encountering and experiencing right now is the human condition. This is what we all must go through. So I started to focus on it again, and as I began to focus on it, what I encountered was this love. It was a unconditional, it was a love that had no expectation, no demands, it didn't require me to jump through any hoop or put on a performance or to be a certain way. It just simply accepted me as I am even in my sinful nature, and as I started to encounter this love it broke, and I began to cry. I told this presence of love that im not worthy and to not come any closer, because I am sinful and I am filthy. I saw this love as something that was precious, something that was holy and pure. I was afraid that I would defile it. I feared that I would contaminate this precious love that everyone is searching for and in need of. I remember this face smiled at me and came closer. The more I protested and said don't come near the closer it got untill I broke. It was not ashamed or afraid of my sin.It just simply longed to come closer because it knew that this presence of love was the medicine I needed to get well. I then experienced the compassion god has for all of us. I remember that this love wasn't being judgmental. It wasn't being condemning, It wasn't speaking about religion, it didn't share a name and it wasn't talking about what faith you need to follow. It was just presence loving my soul. I then saw why we are here and why we go through this human experience. What I was shown is that when we ate the forbidden fruit, we forgot how to love and it is by experiencing the human condition that we are brought to a point where we cry out to God and are in need of him, and it is then that we are then reminded of what love is. We also have this human experience because God wants to provide us with opportunities to then share gods love with others. We can then show compassion and mercy to one another.Because we have a shared experience. And this is what then gives us purpose of meaning and connection. Gods been really putting it on my heart because I would have all these experiences that would get me through, but now I'm reaching a point where it's like nothing can fulfill me. So the only thing that's left is for me to then share gods love and compassion with others. So that's what I'm working on right now. How can I do that? This is a lot for me to sort out because like I said, I can't find a place in the world that even comes Close to what I encountered from God. But on the other hand I really think that I would prefer to reach out to those who were lost and broken then to reach out to prideful and arrogant christians. I'm just really struggling with finding where God wants me and how he wants me to share. But really I find that God is using me in my day to day life.The people that are already in my life. That's also why I'm really not sure what to believe anymore, because what I encounter with God just shows me that a lot of what people believe and put a lot of emphasis on doesn't really matter that much to God and he just wants us to encounter his love and share with others. I also found from this experience that God doesn't control our journey. He allows us to choose what path we will go down. He will then walk that path with us. And he will then work all things for his good and his glory in the end.