Pure Grace

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cee

Senior Member
May 14, 2010
2,169
473
83
I understand when I explain Biblical grace people might think I'm teaching something I'm not.

As I've written other places my idea of sin is probably much stricter than most people.

Paul ran into the same issue.

If I say we should no longer be dominated by sin, I am accused of preaching perfectionism.
If I say grace empowers us to no longer desire sin, I am accused of preaching perverted grace.

Yet both view points are incomplete without the other.


I don't have a problem with the term hyper-grace because I actually want grace to abound, but not so we can sin, but so that we no longer desire to. So that we walk in the fullness of who we are in Christ.

Some preach less grace thinking it safer, I preach more grace knowing it stronger.

The issue I HAVE is that people don't have a right understanding of grace.

So let's start there...

Is Grace given?

1 Co 3:10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but think of yourself with sober judgment, according to the measure of faith God has given you.

Is grace given, linked to walking out who we are in Christ?

1 Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not in vain. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I but the grace of God that was with me.

And here's Peter continually praying that we would have MORE grace...

2 Peter 1:2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

2 Peter 3:8 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

What about sin's connection to grace?

Romans 6:4 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

It is through humility we receive more grace...

James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

And here's John...

John 1:16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

And here's Paul to Timothy his beloved spiritual son...

2 Tim 2:1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus

2 4:22 Tim The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.

I am not afraid that people will take me wrong. That's on them.

Titus 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

I will continue to preach the message of grace, until we see every form of sin bow.

I actually believe grace allows us to walk away from the dominion of sin as Paul declared.

And not just the "outward forms" but also the "inward forms".

And it doesn't happen by telling people what they can and can't do. It happens by them understanding the love and power of God. It happens through receiving and understanding grace.

And we can only give what we ourselves have received.

Talk doesn't transform, but His power does.

1 Co 4:20 For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.

And in regards to it being is His power that transforms us.

Here is my prayer:

Thank you Holy Spirit that you alone teach us, guide us, and give us grace to grow in Christ. It is your power that transforms us and I pray that people will embrace grace. In it's purest truest form. And then go and share with others. And just like John, Peter, and Paul they would pray for them to receive grace as well. So that we can get beyond this contention about "can we sin" and instead walk into "how can we truly love". So that we can reveal You to the world.