B
blueorchidjd
Guest
I guess you could say over the last few weeks I've been really struggling with a lot of sins that to most groups of people are categorized as ... 'culturally taboo.'
And I feel a lot of heat coming at me, as well as heart and it honestly just baffles me about how much hatred is really geared out and comes out of the hearts of a lot of 'Mature Christians' that have not ever necessarily suffered from the sins I have suffer with. Maybe my perception is a little bit off, I know I have a problem...but for some reason it won't go away. And it really gets under my skin, a lot.
~*~*~*~*~*~*
I guess you could say that with the sin I face as well as many others, I have ended up pushing it off to the most vulnerable or susceptible. Not as something that I truly perceive, but it is almost as an acceptance of the attack I have been experiencing. It's funny because these weren't thoughts that I had before I was saved, maybe a little bit- but not much. It almost feels like I am back-pedaling and going over the same grey ground, like my battery broke and God wants to replace my mechanical hardware. And now I seek God as my only comfort, and it bugs the hell out of me that no one ever talks about the 'giants', that people feel they are on the brink of losing control because they can't talk about subjects with discretion. As well as the whole factor that the fact that I CAN'T talk about this in public is because, to a certain 'Christianly extent' I have to appear to have a specific ounce of moral piety, and in the whole circumference of the conversation .....I have none without him that gives me strength! And then there comes the stoning.
So let me describe why this is bothersome to me.
I don't care who reads this, but please don't think that I am saying that pre-marital sex, burning with passion, or being angry at God because of lack of self-control is okay...or even for the factor of making excuses.
But women, let's get real.
How is the lack of understanding about pre-marital sex, marriage, preparing for motherhood, or being a spiritual prude- really affecting the singles around you?
Now, when I say spiritual prude- I do not approve of the action of thwarting purity or casting it aside- But at times, is there a temptation in your life to not go in depth with deep spiritual topics that people are often stoned for? Or do we dance around the topic of discussion delicately because we want to protect the 'Christianly status-quo?'
In my own experience of singlehood and of being a young woman, The lack of empathy that occurs within the spectrum of female conversation, and the overly-prudent behavior is actually quite more suffocating than the whole casual conversation of purity, confession, and the renewal of the mind.
Just a thought.
And I feel a lot of heat coming at me, as well as heart and it honestly just baffles me about how much hatred is really geared out and comes out of the hearts of a lot of 'Mature Christians' that have not ever necessarily suffered from the sins I have suffer with. Maybe my perception is a little bit off, I know I have a problem...but for some reason it won't go away. And it really gets under my skin, a lot.
~*~*~*~*~*~*
I guess you could say that with the sin I face as well as many others, I have ended up pushing it off to the most vulnerable or susceptible. Not as something that I truly perceive, but it is almost as an acceptance of the attack I have been experiencing. It's funny because these weren't thoughts that I had before I was saved, maybe a little bit- but not much. It almost feels like I am back-pedaling and going over the same grey ground, like my battery broke and God wants to replace my mechanical hardware. And now I seek God as my only comfort, and it bugs the hell out of me that no one ever talks about the 'giants', that people feel they are on the brink of losing control because they can't talk about subjects with discretion. As well as the whole factor that the fact that I CAN'T talk about this in public is because, to a certain 'Christianly extent' I have to appear to have a specific ounce of moral piety, and in the whole circumference of the conversation .....I have none without him that gives me strength! And then there comes the stoning.
So let me describe why this is bothersome to me.
I don't care who reads this, but please don't think that I am saying that pre-marital sex, burning with passion, or being angry at God because of lack of self-control is okay...or even for the factor of making excuses.
But women, let's get real.
How is the lack of understanding about pre-marital sex, marriage, preparing for motherhood, or being a spiritual prude- really affecting the singles around you?
Now, when I say spiritual prude- I do not approve of the action of thwarting purity or casting it aside- But at times, is there a temptation in your life to not go in depth with deep spiritual topics that people are often stoned for? Or do we dance around the topic of discussion delicately because we want to protect the 'Christianly status-quo?'
In my own experience of singlehood and of being a young woman, The lack of empathy that occurs within the spectrum of female conversation, and the overly-prudent behavior is actually quite more suffocating than the whole casual conversation of purity, confession, and the renewal of the mind.
Just a thought.