Purpose

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I love and respect brother nehemiah, I feel like he has a pretty solid grasp on much of God's word even if we disagree sometimes... but I am compelled to agree with a lot of what you're saying on this topic.
I am not sure why people are afraid of knowing God created us to be his children, And as a loving father, Serve his children.

A relationship.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I am not sure why people are afraid of knowing God created us to be his children, And as a loving father, Serve his children.

A relationship.
I do not think anyone is afraid of the truth brother, perhaps this is a new idea to many.

Maybe some have a separate perspective on this.

God ... being so powerful, could have made us with many purposes.

To point at only one may leave out others....

Maybe that is why I feel myself agreeing with a few different answers😁

E

eternally-gratefull

I do not think anyone is afraid of the truth brother, perhaps this is a new idea to many.

Maybe some have a separate perspective on this.

God ... being so powerful, could have made us with many purposes.

To point at only one may leave out others....

Maybe that is why I feel myself agreeing with a few different answers😁
I think it is our upbringing..

And what we are taught.. the audacity to think God serves us.

We must serve him.

The problem is, unless he serves us, WE CAN NOT serve him

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You do not know scripture at all then.
People should not PERSIST in error, especially after they have been shown their error.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: (Rev 22:3)

E

eternally-gratefull

People should not PERSIST in error, especially after they have been shown their error.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: (Rev 22:3)
So why do you persist in error

I did not say we shoudl not serve him

WE SERVE HIM LIKE AND BECAUSE HE SERVED US.

Your think you have proven me wrong, but you have not, Because like most people when it comes to God and his loving grace, You got our part. YoU FORGET GODS PART!

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Also He was alone and wanted a family. He is our 'Father' in Heaven and we are His 'children'. He has prepared an eternal home for us w/Him in His glorious kingdom, to be with Him and worship Him forever. How good is that!
Question: If we are children of God does that make us equal to God?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Jesus was certainly a servant for us in that He died for us, but that's about as far as God being the servant to us that we can go.

BECAUSE He died for us, WE are now HIS servant. Paul makes this case in numerous places. But this idea that God created us for HIM to be our servant is just wrong. In some sense very wrong.

Imagine us facing God upon our death and saying to Him "Well done my faithful Father and servant". If He IS our servant, why couldn't we say that?

I would much rather HEAR from HIM "Well done my faithful servant". I prefer this image:

36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.

37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,

38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.

42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?

43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
When God created Adam, He didn't make another Almighty God, but in His image, the Word says. Also, the Word says we can have the mind of Christ, and do even greater things than He did, but that does not make us a Creator. Lucifer tried that, and was stopped.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I don't think it was just for one reason.. Some have given their thoughts in this thread and i am in agreement with Lafftur's response that God is Love and Love needs Someone other then self to Love..

But i also believe from reading the Holy Bible that God also created this creation ( physical universe with physical beings within it ) as a stage where the satanic challenge could be demonstrated as being without merit.. Thus satanic challenge is also known as the great controversy..

This great controversy stems from the claim of the former Cherubim Angel Lucifer ( now know as Satan / devil /serpent of old) that He and the other Angels had the right to claim Godhood and be Gods equal to God Himself..

Thus God created the Creation in such a way that satan would believe he could sabotage it.. Satan soon did so by enticing Eve and Adam into attaining the knowledge of good and evil.. From that point on Gods creation was no longer "Good" As God had declared it to be on the last day of creation..

I believe satan though he had God between a rock and a hard place.. In a no win situation.. If God was Good ( and He is) then God should have immediately destroyed the now corrupted creation.. Once God did that then satan could have claimed to the Heavenly Host that God was not perfect because Gods creation had failed and thus God being a failure could not justly claim to be rightfully the one and only God of all existence.. Conversely if God had allowed His now imperfect creation to continue to exist then satan could declare to the heavenly Host that God was not perfect because God was allowing an imperfect creation to continue to exist.. Thus again satan would claim to the heavenly Host that God was unjustified in being the God of all existence..

Of course God knew the third Way.. To be long suffering towards His creation and put in place a plan to Redeem His Creation and justly bring it back into a Good state of being with Him in Eternity.. Once God carried out the plan through the intervention of the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ, the satanic challenge was effectively defeated and satan was revealed as the evil one and worthy of eternal damnation.. I believe God foreknew all of this at the start of His creation effort.. God had already won the moment satan was twisted by his pride..

So in the end God will be willingly acknowledged by both the Heavenly Host and the saved and resurrected Saints as the rightfully and justified one and only God of all existence.. God will have His beloved Eternal Children to love and a joyful angelic host serving Him willingly without question or doubt..
Dear Adstar: I love your discussion points. Now I have question?
Question 1: Lucifer, Lucifer is also interpreted "the day star" or " son of the morning" as the scripture goes on it describes how this Lucifer has lifted up his heart before God even to the point of declaring himself above God. Now comes the scripture that no one seems to want to except. This scripture describes how Lucifer was brought down. It says "Is this THE MAN that made the earth to tremble that did shake
kingdoms. The scripture clearly states this is a man. What are your thoughts?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
When God created Adam, He didn't make another Almighty God, but in His image, the Word says. Also, the Word says we can have the mind of Christ, and do even greater things than He did, but that does not make us a Creator. Lucifer tried that, and was stopped.
Dear TabinRivca: I made another post regarding this Lucifer. Read Isaiah 14: 12-20 when you have time and give me your thoughts has to whether the scripture speaks of an angle or a man.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I am His son, but He is greater than I.

Even if we are heirs, no we are not His equal.

He is the first, we are created.

He is all powerful, we are limited.

He is all knowing, we are not.

He is righteous, without Him we are could never be.

He is king, we are not.

We are in no way His equal.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Dear TabinRivca: I made another post regarding this Lucifer. Read Isaiah 14: 12-20 when you have time and give me your thoughts has to whether the scripture speaks of an angle or a man.

I believe הָאִישׁ֙ was also used to describe someone in a position of authority over others.🙂 (though I could be wrong)

Also, all angels are male I believe.
(sons of God)

Not something to dive in a rabbit hole over.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I believe הָאִישׁ֙ was also used to describe someone in a position of authority over others.🙂 (though I could be wrong)

Also, all angels are male I believe.
(sons of God)

Not something to dive in a rabbit hole over.
I believe there is something to be learned here. Can the description of thus creature fit the nature of man?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I believe there is something to be learned here. Can the description of thus creature fit the nature of man?
Well I don't understand this question.

I won't assume bad intentions, but to draw so much from one word is what I equated to the rabbit hole.

If it is speaking of the fallen angel "satan" (which is more a title than name as it is) then yes. The word which has been translated to "man" is being used to describe a male fallen angel.

The original word did indeed have multiple uses, as the current word does.

Do you have reason to believe that verse is speaking of the human, the antichrist who will declare a similar thing come the abomination of desolation?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
We see serve in two different ways.

I serve my kids and my family by providing for them, loving them, and caring for them.

God served adam by giving him a wife, and all the tools necessary to do his tasks, and served him by giving him all his needs.

He asks us to do the same,, for our spouses, for our children, for our church family and everyone we meet.
Dear eternally-gratefully: The example you gave comparing how you feel about your family and how that equates to our relationship with God is heart warming. Why is it so hard for us to believe that God is our father and we are his children and in being His children we have always had the inheritance of royalty.

Feb 28, 2016
LUKE 22.27
For whether is greater, he that sits at meat, or he that serves? is not he that sits at meat?
but I Am among you as 'He That Serves'.

this scripture speaks wisdom from The Alpha to The Omega -
Christ IS SERVING us, and giving us His example of WHY we are 'here'...

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Well I don't understand this question.

I won't assume bad intentions, but to draw so much from one word is what I equated to the rabbit hole.

If it is speaking of the fallen angel "satan" (which is more a title than name as it is) then yes. The word which has been translated to "man" is being used to describe a male fallen angel.

The original word did indeed have multiple uses, as the current word does.

Do you have reason to believe that verse is speaking of the human, the antichrist who will declare a similar thing come the abomination of desolation?
I am asking a question. Do you believe that the description of this creator could apply to the nature of man? There is one problem that might play apart here some believe that all evil comes from satin. If this is your point of view then I am without reply.

Jun 10, 2019
Does this verse speak of a man entering a man?

Luke 22:3
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I am asking a question. Do you believe that the description of this creator could apply to the nature of man? There is one problem that might play apart here some believe that all evil comes from satin. If this is your point of view then I am without reply.
No.

Also I believe satin is a smooth glossy fabric which produces no evil in of itself.
(😁 just teasin)

Satan is "the enemy", but much evil comes from fleshly desires and temptations being fed.

I am not sure anyone here would believe all evil comes from the same individual being spoken of in that verse.