Purpose

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
The Jews rejected Christ because He as a man called God His Father making Himself equal with God. If as Christians we confess that we are in Christ and Christ is in us making ourselves to be one with Christ and we call out to God as our Father are we not guilty of this same crime ? As a matter of record so you know God is my Father and I am His Son. Because Jesus is in the Father and I am in His Son the Father shows the Son great and wonderful things and because I am in the Son I also see great and wonderful things. However the Jews say because I call God my Father I am a blasphemer. What say you?
Eh?

Jesus is God in the flesh.

We are not.

What is your point?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
John 8:58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus honestly professed to be more than just a son.

We are but sons.

We are not God.

Jesus is God, and admitted it more than once.

He was around and active since before creation.

Long before He manifested in the flesh.

We are part of creation.

Jesus is beyond creation.

(if you are aware the Jesus is God and we are not His equal, then I misundstood your intentions)

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
John 8:58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus honestly professed to be more than just a son.

We are but sons.

We are not God.

Jesus is God, and admitted it more than once.

He was around and active since before creation.

Long before He manifested in the flesh.

We are part of creation.

Jesus is beyond creation.

(if you are aware the Jesus is God and we are not His equal, then I misundstood your intentions)
How can I be in Christ Jesus and not be what He is?
Why is it so diffuicult to belive those who are born of the Spirit are one IN Christ. It is a fact that the carnal man can never inherit the Kingdom of God. The man who is reborn is no longer carnal but inheites the nature of God. This is achieved through grace by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We who are born again are also righteous. We are the righteounesses of God IN Christ Jesus. When God sees those who are born again HE sees what His Son has achived through His sacrifice. Being made perfect in the eyes of God frees us from gilt that we might conform to the image of His Son. Blessed are they whos sins have been forgiven.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
How can I be in Christ Jesus and not be what He is?
Why is it so diffuicult to belive those who are born of the Spirit are one IN Christ. It is a fact that the carnal man can never inherit the Kingdom of God. The man who is reborn is no longer carnal but inheites the nature of God. This is achieved through grace by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We who are born again are also righteous. We are the righteounesses of God IN Christ Jesus. When God sees those who are born again HE sees what His Son has achived through His sacrifice. Being made perfect in the eyes of God frees us from gilt that we might conform to the image of His Son. Blessed are they whos sins have been forgiven.

Do you believe Jesus is God?

Do you believe you are God?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Even when it comes to this "beast" with a number assigned to it "666" the scripture says this is a MAN. Your thoughts.
Yes a man possesed by satan.. I did reply with a more detailed responce about this in Post 91.. Did you miss it?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
This conversation is trying to take a dark turn.
The conversation has no will of it's own.

Or a god?
Or equal to God?

I have no ill will towards you... but the subtle way you speak and words you choose raise red flags for me.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
The conversation has no will of it's own.

Or a god?
Or equal to God?

I have no ill will towards you... but the subtle way you speak and words you choose raise red flags for me.
As a father, the childern that are burn to me , are they equal to me ? Does my family unit carry a greater bond than that which is the family of God ?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
As a father, the childern that are burn to me , are they equal to me ? Does my family unit carry a greater bond than that which is the family of God ?
Of course you avoid to answer...

Well you are not God, you even made a spelling error in the last page(satin/satan)...🙄(and this post... unless fathers now have childerns)

You don't know my name...

So not only are you imperfect, you are far from all knowing.

If you think you're God and I expose to you how wrong you are, that is not a "dark turn".

That is an attempt to shine light on the truth, wether you are blind to it or not.

...sorry man...

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Of course you avoid to answer...

Well you are not God, you even made a spelling error in the last page(satin/satan)...🙄(and this post... unless fathers now have childerns)

You don't know my name...

So not only are you imperfect, you are far from all knowing.

If you think you're God and I expose to you how wrong you are, that is not a "dark turn".

That is an attempt to shine light on the truth, wether you are blind to it or not.

...sorry man...[/QUOTE
Dont be sorry there is no offense here. You ask me if I think I am God. To answer your question in the context you ask, NO ! I am not God.......! If I where God in the context to which you speak I would simply reprogram your mind . This way we could spend our time growing a deeper relationship in Christ.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Parents don't have children out of lack or need but because they want a family (at least that's the general idea).
Hey Tabin,
I think the analogy you used above sounds fine.
Sometimes it's just a matter of how we say a thing.

If we say that it just pleased God to have a family, that works out fine theological.
If we say God felt lonely, or he needed a family, then that causes theological problems.

FYI, I've heard absolutely brilliant people misstate some of these things, because they just haven't studied, or thought about, these particular things.

The REASON I'm being so nitpicky about the "particular language" we use to describe God's purposes, is because that's a thing which leads to 2 really huge problems.

1. If we state God's purposes inarticulately, it can lead to all kinds of weird heresies based on misunderstanding God's NATURE.
(Most orthodox believers have a perfectly biblical understanding of God's nature, and I'm sure that includes you. But a lot of weird heresies come from getting parts of his nature wrong. So we need to be careful in HOW we talk about it.)

2. Atheists use this very issue to attack the existence of God, so this actually becomes an issue in apologetics.
Atheists actually bring this up in an effort to attack the existence of God. They first trick us into saying God created us out of a "need", then they show, with our own words, that a "need" shows a clear lack of perfection. Once they show God is "not perfect", and that our beliefs have internal coherency problems... they just keep going from there.

Hope you have a great weekend.
:)