Putting God in a box, or putting your ideas in a cracked crock pot of error?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I guess we are just a bunch a crack pots, ]
no matter how cracked we may be God is able to heal and use each and every vessel to glorify His name ;)

N

Nalu

I always see spiritual red flags when I hear someone make comments about putting God in a box. Don't hear me wrong, often we can put handcuffs on God, actually it's more like handcuffs on our thoughts about God, and we can indeed have a limited view of what he can and won't do.

Regardless, I'm convinced that when some people resort to the 'don't put God in a box' mantra, what they're really saying is: "Please accept my crackpot idea blindly without testing. I spent time letting it slowly cook in my cracked theological crock pot of error, letting it heat up to some nice heresy. If you don't accept what I say/teach, then you're just limiting God and quenching the Spirit."

I'm sorry, but the 'putting God in a box' mantra, should not be used to give ones crack pot spiritual ideas cover, so the masses will blindly accept the error you let slowly cook in your cracked crock pot. We don't have to put your slowly simmered morsels of error on our plate. We're not going to be guilted in to partaking of your morsels of error, just because we're afraid of 'putting God in a box'.

I'm a pot of fragile clay as it is. A jar of clay God is working in. I'm not going to let some crack pot teaching inside my already fragile clay jar. There's not room in this clay jar for both God and someone else's crack pot teachings and non-words from God.
Well said.

N

NoahsMom

no matter how cracked we may be God is able to heal and use each and every vessel to glorify His name ;) nah, cant use me, Im the biggest crackpot of all , us heretics are un-usable.

A

AnandaHya

no matter how cracked we may be God is able to heal and use each and every vessel to glorify His name ;) nah, cant use me, Im the biggest crackpot of all , us heretics are un-usable.
???? why are you a heretic? did a miss a memo?