T
toinena
Guest
Well. I should have guessed. I have my weak spots, and the devil surely knows how to trigger them. Depression and self-pity are two of them, and yesterday they hit with their full force. Why did I fall for that trick again? I was weak. I felt self-pity. I let myself fall into that dark space again, and didn't manage to fight it. Yes. I have every reason to be depressed. And I have plenty of reason for pitying myself. But it doesn't help, does it?
So this morning I put on the armor of God. (Ef. 6, 13- ) I will not fall into that trap again, but enjoy my day as it comes. And I love my work, so that is easy. So what? Life doesn't always go the way I want. We are on a battlefield and we fight against principalities. It is better to be prepared and put on that good all armor every day. Why did I stop doing that? Where did it slip? Perhaps life was too easy? Perhaps I didn't seek God the way I ought to? Perhaps my own agenda became more important than to follow Jesus?
I have learnt my lesson for now. I have to focus on rejoicing, serving and following Him. For how long, I don't know. But now I know. The devil knows that button and how to push it. It is better not to give him that opportunity
So this morning I put on the armor of God. (Ef. 6, 13- ) I will not fall into that trap again, but enjoy my day as it comes. And I love my work, so that is easy. So what? Life doesn't always go the way I want. We are on a battlefield and we fight against principalities. It is better to be prepared and put on that good all armor every day. Why did I stop doing that? Where did it slip? Perhaps life was too easy? Perhaps I didn't seek God the way I ought to? Perhaps my own agenda became more important than to follow Jesus?
I have learnt my lesson for now. I have to focus on rejoicing, serving and following Him. For how long, I don't know. But now I know. The devil knows that button and how to push it. It is better not to give him that opportunity