question about the Nature of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
maybe we're not talking about people, and maybe it's only the spirits who had done something significant in Noah's time who are in prison.
I've heard this too. Could be.
I think there are some things we can't know for sure...

cloee

Jan 25, 2019
God gives us chances every day to know Him, through people or encounters with certain things. He gives us free will yes He does. I have heard God will not come until everyone knows about Him, no matter how well if it was just even the mention of His name it doesn't matter. What matters is, is that once everyone is aware of God then they either in a moment choose to believe or not. I believe God will always welcome us openly but as far as the judgment day goes in this context of last-minute confession it deems the person guilty of not having enough oil in their lamp like the 5 bridesmaids story and we have always been told that we must be prepared for His arrival. This is just my thoughts on the question that has been asked, I can't say I am correct or not.

Mar 28, 2016
On Judgement day if a person repents will they be forgiven?

I would offer any day the Holy Spirit works to turn a person so that they can in turn repent, they will be forgiven. He must do the first work.

If they do not hear his voice and believe Him not seen there would be nothing to turn to and therefore nothing to repent and ease their own selves. Knowing they have been forgiven.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think this also goes back to the excuse 'im not ready' that I keep hearing from doubleminded people.
Well you better get ready as Jesus may come in like a thief in the night and you wont be ready. And the door will be shut and it will be too late.

We need to redeem the time. God has give us ample warning. On earth we have a fixed amount of days and satan does his best to cut those days short so we cant enter heaven. But the gates of hell arent going to prevail at Jesus church.

As for judgement day. All those whove repented will enter, but those who dont repent cant enter. It does seem even on the last day God gives them a chance to repent but some people still refuse. Then God is just to remove these wicked people and cast them into the lake of fire.

Personally I wouldnt want to be one of those last minute repenting people because why the delay they missed out on what Jesus could have done with their lives on earth had they repented sooner.

Mar 28, 2016
I've also wondered about that.

anyone got something on it?
I can offer my opinion..

Christ died once for our sins. An innocent person died for those who are guilty. Christ did this to bring you to God,
when his body was put to death and his spirit was made alive. Christ then preached "to the spirits that were being kept in prison". They had disobeyed God while Noah was building the boat, but God had been patient with them. Eight people went into that boat and were brought safely through the flood.1 Peter 3:18-20 CEV

Prisons would seem to represent graves.

They were disobedient believers. God does not prison unbelievers that have no new spirit that will never die, as that which could be raised to new life on the last day . Noah and his family were reserved in order to keep the seed (spiritual Christ) Until the Son of man Jesus was born. More than eight people had the Spirit of Christ, the born again Spirit of God. Again God reserved a unknown remnant according to his patience or long suffering. The eight were set aside for the demonstration.

Those flood waters were like baptism that now saves you. But baptism is more than just washing your body. It means turning to God with a clear conscience, because Jesus Christ was raised from death. Christ is now in heaven, where he sits at the right side[a] of God. All angels, authorities, and powers are under his control.1 Peter 3:21- 22 CEV

When Christ's body was put to death and his spirit was made alive it was by the resurrection from the dead: the baptism of the Holy spirit that does save us And not from birth of his corruptible body typified as sinful in order to put away sin in the flesh it had to be corruptible in order to demonstrate the power of resurrection .

Romans 1:4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

When Christ said it is finished the graves of the old testament saints were opened that were kept as prison , ("the Bosom of God's invisible presence") Like the city of refuge.. with the promise that their graves would be opened. They entered the heavenly Jerusalem prepared as the bride of Christ witnessed by many angels.

Matthew 27:51-53 (CEV) At once the curtain in the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, and rocks split apart. Graves opened, and many of God’s people were raised to life. Then after Jesus had risen to life, they came out of their graves and went into the holy city, where they were seen by many witnesses.