question: Can an unsaved person be baptized in the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hahahaha coming from someone whose never seen God, this is absolutely priceless.
they said the same thing about our Lord and the Apostles. The comments you see now are proof of the inability to use the word of God to make their point on the topic. So they have to invoke the devil to cover up the inability to articulate from the word of God why we are incorrect in our understanding. That called another win in the argument :) Name-calling
is a great witness to one losing an argument. Teach that in Seminaries everywhere.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Watcher got his puny little intelligence insulted and reacted like the deranged lunatic he is. I wouldn't expect anything less.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
they said the same thing about our Lord and the Apostles. The comments you see now are proof of the inability to use the word of God to make their point on the topic. So they have to invoke the devil to cover up the inability to articulate from the word of God why we are incorrect in our understanding. That called another win in the argument :) Name-calling is a great witness to one losing an argument. Teach that in Seminaries everywhere.
Blah, blah, blah. You're definitely a preacher. Don't know when to shut up.

Jun 20, 2022
Watcher got his puny little intelligence insulted and reacted like the deranged lunatic he is. I wouldn't expect anything less.
You mean attempted to insult me because I called him on it and he's never been able to prove me wrong.

I just see stomping the devil into the ground when it is presented to do so is the most Godly thing to do.

CS1

May 23, 2012

well,

many of us know where you stand on the topic. I disagree and have yet to see you prove your potion biblically.

Then you result to name calling.

If one is so intellectually insufficient compared to you, why are you wasting your time with them? Do you think it makes you appear more intellectually superior? Yet you use no Biblical text to refute the position on the gifts of the Holy Spirit being for today?

What are going to do? I know speak about Kenneth Copeland and others. Use Pagan's teaching to discredit the Biblical text. Found in 1cor chapters 12 through 14. When all of them agreed the foolishness done by some is not biblical. Yet Not ever has any Pentacostel teaching or doctrine would approve of seeking out Kundalini, which I never heard until a cessationist brought it up to disprove the biblical text. Suggesting IF you seek the Holy Spirit, you get a devil instead.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Can an unsaved person be baptised in the Holy Spirit?

Its a very interesting question, were we not all if us unsaved when the Holy Spirit regenrated our hearts🤔

At some point in time for those who become christians will have been unsaved now thy are saved.. So the answer is (a sort of) yes.

John 1:32-34

John 3:1-20

Jul 27, 2023
This is the text:
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

"Abraham was considered righteous for what he did", if you don't believe this ask Isaac.
You are mistaking justification of a true faith for salvation.
Abraham believed God and it was counted for righteousness. Years before he offered Isaac. This was Paul's stance in his letter to the Roman's

Romans 4:
"What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness"

and reiterated in his letter to the Galatians.

When I started here, you asked me to answer a question, stating, "I am asking you this in order for me to trust your posts in the future."
You have supported contradiction and added works as justification for salvation.
I believe you have responded to me enough so that I know if I can trust yours. I don't.

Jul 27, 2023
it doesn't make you right
And your belief that the terms of salvation includes works doesn't make you right. In fact, just the opposite.

As if the blood of Christ isn't enough so that we have to do something also.

CS1

May 23, 2012
And your belief that the terms of salvation includes works doesn't make you right. In fact, just the opposite.

As if the blood of Christ isn't enough so that we have to do something also.

FYI I never said any such thing. Please don't put words in my mouth. Ask me what I think or believe but don't assume you know.

Jul 27, 2023
FYI I never said any such thing. Please don't put words in my mouth. Ask me what I think or believe but don't assume you know.
I don't have to. You did it yourself. You already stated that a person has to be baptised to gain salvation. I'm really sorry that you can't understand that.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I find your GIFs a little childish, It's like you're applauding yourself for thinking you have bested another Christian with your "knowledge".

it's in context to the point I made about winning an argument. That is fully fine to think what you like ) but that make your opinion true :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
I don't have to. You did it yourself. You already stated that a person has to be baptised to gain salvation. I'm really sorry that you can't understand that.
That is a lie never said that.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
well, many of us know where you stand on the topic. I disagree and have yet to see you prove your potion biblically.

Then you result to name calling.

If one is so intellectually insufficient compared to you, why are you wasting your time with them? Do you think it makes you appear more intellectually superior? Yet you use no Biblical text to refute the position on the gifts of the Holy Spirit being for today?

What are going to do? I know speak about Kenneth Copeland and others. Use Pagan's teaching to discredit the Biblical text. Found in 1cor chapters 12 through 14. When all of them agreed the foolishness done by some is not biblical. Yet Not ever has any Pentacostel teaching or doctrine would approve of seeking out Kundalini, which I never heard until a cessationist brought it up to disprove the biblical text. Suggesting IF you seek the Holy Spirit, you get a devil instead.
You don't have to have a lot of intelligence to copy and paste proof-texts in support of a position. That seems to be the test of intelligence around here.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You don't have to have a lot of intelligence to copy and paste proof-texts in support of a position. That seems to be the test of intelligence around here.
well,

if that's what you think. ok :)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
What's the point of baptism if you can't hope that God will save You

The whole point of baptism is hope.

The whole point of baptism is for Goodness like prayer.

Less we not forget.

Jun 20, 2022
i did a quick search from Genesis to Revelation and one thing was very constant, whether in Captivity, Free, or in Israel established as a Nation, Followers of God, were privy to SEE God do great things. From personal Miracles, to miracles so big 5,000+ witnessed it.

That tells me, a True Follower of God, should be seeing and Witnessing Miracles.

if they are not seeing and witnessing them, the examples seem conclusive, that you aren't part of God if you aren't seeing them.