question: Can an unsaved person be baptized in the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello George,

I would say no because faith is key to our relationship with God.
With faith all things are possible, without faith nothing is possible.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him. For he that cometh to God must believe that He
is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6) God Bless You :)

Hebrews 11:6
:)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That does not answer the question at hand.

I will repeat the question.

Which prophet announced the ceasing of the supernatural blessing of manna?

The_Watchers_2017 claimed that a prophet must announce the end of a God given supernatural blessing.

Which prophet announced it. I will give you a hint. Look up Joshua 5:12.

Just a note: Watchers disagrees with your answer, he thinks its because they complained??? Either way still wrong.
God meets us in our need as is appropriate to our need. A good example is Isaiah 40:31. Sometimes we need help to walk. God could handle that supernaturally, but more likely will handle that through earthly provision. Sometimes we need help to run. This can be accomplished by earthly provision but could engender supernatural provision. Sometimes we need to fly. And this provision must be supernatural.
In the desert for 40 years required supernatural provision. In the land of Canaan, physical provision was plentiful.

As far as needing a prophet to make such a change, I don't believe it is necessary. It's just the established pattern in scripture.

Lamar

May 21, 2023
God meets us in our need as is appropriate to our need. A good example is Isaiah 40:31. Sometimes we need help to walk. God could handle that supernaturally, but more likely will handle that through earthly provision. Sometimes we need help to run. This can be accomplished by earthly provision but could engender supernatural provision. Sometimes we need to fly. And this provision must be supernatural.
In the desert for 40 years required supernatural provision. In the land of Canaan, physical provision was plentiful.

As far as needing a prophet to make such a change, I don't believe it is necessary. It's just the established pattern in scripture.
Agreed, there is no need for a formal announcement by a prophet for a supernatural event to cease.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Agreed, there is no need for a formal announcement by a prophet for a supernatural event to cease.
We agree so long as it doesn't have to mean that He automatically has.

Lamar

May 21, 2023
They didn't have corn because corn doesn't grow in the desert.
Corn does grow in the desert, but corn is a New World plant, unknown to the people of that place and time.

Lamar

May 21, 2023
We agree so long as it doesn't have to mean that He automatically has.
The only mention of tongues ceasing is in 1st Cor. 13:8. When did it cease it does not say. 100 AD, 200 AD, later I do not know but cease it has.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
God is powerful enough this person can be saved from someone telling them about the Gospel of Jesus and the Holy Spirit can remove the spirit if the person wants what God has to offer.

But other than that, casting the spirit out is most effective way.
how do you know the person telling the gospel is saved ? And how do you know a person can make a true calling when there possessed

How do you know laying on hands is not needed by someone who has a some God given gift to perform deliverance.

And since possession can happen to a child who isn't under God's wrath because of accountability, how powerful can a demon get to possess a child since no authority was given to the demon. ?.

Would speaking the word be enough since the gift was given to certain disciples the lord had chosen who where no doubt laying on hands.

Lastly is the reason anyone can not do deliverance because some gift must be given.

Because a demon could transfer from one person to another.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Corn does grow in the desert, but corn is a New World plant, unknown to the people of that place and time.
It is but he just meant food. I was just using his words. People should pay more attention to intent than mistakes in my opinion.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The only mention of tongues ceasing is in 1st Cor. 13:8. When did it cease it does not say. 100 AD, 200 AD, later I do not know but cease it has.
It does say tongues will cease. It isn't necessarily clear when.

Lamar

May 21, 2023
It is but he just meant food. I was just using his words. People should pay more attention to intent than mistakes in my opinion.
People should pay more attention to what they intent to write and less mistakes will be made in my opinion.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
People should pay more attention to what they intent to write and less mistakes will be made in my opinion.
I think you mean, People should pay more attention to what they intend to write, and less mistakes will be made.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
One way puts the focus on self. The other way prefers the other before self.