Question of certainty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I guess there must be something wrong with me...I guess I am just upset that I have always felt as though I genuinely, wanted answers, but can never quite find them. I don't know this causes me despair a lot. That''s why I asked how people are so certain...I wanted to see if someone's line of thinking was different than those I have heard so far.
I think it would be better if you ask specific questions in the areas that you find confusing.. Asking general open ended questions like why do you believe the Bible is true is just to daunting for a lot of Christians.. it's like where on earth does one start???? some Christians could write a 100,000 word document and be typing it out for a week..

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Hi! I'm pretty new here so idk if this is the right place to ask this, but how are people sure christianity and their denomination is the right one? Like everyone seems certain that they are correct. I just don't know how to navigate all the different opinions.
I have an idea of the kind of answers you're probably looking for. But this is hardly the place to find them. All you'll find here is a lot of insisting that christianity is the one true religion.

I used to be agnostic and didn't believe in the bible like you. My story probably wouldn't help you, but I suggest looking into a man named Lee Strobel. He is a Yale educated lawyer and was a staunch atheist who hated God and set out to prove that the bible was false and that christianity was false. What he found out on his journey led him to believe the bible and christianity instead.

CasS22

Oct 22, 2014
Hi! I'm pretty new here so idk if this is the right place to ask this, but how are people sure christianity and their denomination is the right one? Like everyone seems certain that they are correct. I just don't know how to navigate all the different opinions.
Ask Jesus to guide you , there is only one way don’t be fooled by the many “ denominations” read your bible and he will reveal to you . One big thing I suggest if try to find a church that follows the sabbath “ the 4th commandment “ in your search you will be amazed how many churches ignore this . And don’t be fooled when they say it has been abolished. If one commandment was they all were , stand or fall together his word is for ever. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven... Those who remove do it to fit there lifestyle . Call upon Jesus and be true in your heart and he willing guide you as he does all his ppl .

Z1Joseph

Feb 14, 2019

Him he’s it. Deep down u love Him. You already know. It’s between u n Him. There’s evil n good even at all churches.
Seek Him if u love Him. You would whether encouraged or not. If u truly do. 😁

Z1Joseph

Feb 14, 2019
I mean my question is larger than that like how do you have so much certainty that the bible was correct. Or even what translation or version is correct?
Only the His presence can illuminate the word otherwise: “the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life”

Z1Joseph

Feb 14, 2019
I think it would be better if you ask specific questions in the areas that you find confusing.. Asking general open ended questions like why do you believe the Bible is true is just to daunting for a lot of Christians.. it's like where on earth does one start???? some Christians could write a 100,000 word document and be typing it out for a week..

You already know inside if you belong to Him. Trust Him. He will see u through.

Princesa

Feb 7, 2019
Yeah I guess I do. I was raised Catholic but have been agnostic atheist for some time now. I am now trying to actual search for some faith. I want to believe I just have a lot of questions about it.
Your faith is inside you baby girl... religion is personal.
Surrender to the feeling within you that wants you to be your best self.

Jesus travels with you in your heart and God exists in everything and everywhere you go.

Don't worry about which denomination is "correct." I know all the options are overwhelming but in the end you are free to choose any denomination... no one can tell you which is definitively correct.

You can search for an "accurate version" of the Bible but in essence it serves as a reference guide to life from God. What matters is that as Christians we read the Bible, any bible. Regardless of the Bible version, you will receive from it what you search for and in this way the Bible is always correct.

I wish you the very best on your road to building a strong faith filled life and I hope you receive answers to all the questions you have. Once you accept the faith that lives inside yourself I think that these queries will matter to you much less!

misskayanne

May 18, 2017
I have an idea of the kind of answers you're probably looking for. But this is hardly the place to find them. All you'll find here is a lot of insisting that christianity is the one true religion.

I used to be agnostic and didn't believe in the bible like you. My story probably wouldn't help you, but I suggest looking into a man named Lee Strobel. He is a Yale educated lawyer and was a staunch atheist who hated God and set out to prove that the bible was false and that christianity was false. What he found out on his journey led him to believe the bible and christianity instead.

I thought Lee Strobel was an investigative journalist, not a lawyer? His wife became a Christian and he was dead set on convincing her it was false, hence the investigation. Since he couldn't disprove Christianity, he became a Christian himself. He wrote the book The Case for Christ.

Aug 2, 2009
I thought Lee Strobel was an investigative journalist, not a lawyer? His wife became a Christian and he was dead set on convincing her it was false, hence the investigation. Since he couldn't disprove Christianity, he became a Christian himself. He wrote the book The Case for Christ.
He has a law degree from Yale Law School.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I mean my question is larger than that like how do you have so much certainty that the bible was correct. Or even what translation or version is correct?
I read the translators handbooks. Also, look for criticism by scholars of who are trained linguists.

There are some non-Christians who have good translations.

Avoid those who are put out by cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses published by the Watchtower. The early church condemned Arianism which is what they are. Look for translations that are interdenominational because they weed out Biases.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Lee borrowed most of his apologetics from Josh McDowell and put it in News Paper like narrative.

Christianity on Trial: A Lawyer Examines the Christian Faith

Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1434705463
J. Warner Wallace - 2013

Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Gospels
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1621572552
David Limbaugh

Leading Lawyer's Case for the Resurrection
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1945500042
Ross Clifford

https://lawcf.org/resources/speak-up/app/resource/64/title/Apologetics-and-Christian-lawyers

Abdu is RZIM's North American Director, author of three books, a former Muslim, and as an attorney was named several times in Best Lawyers in America and Michigan Super Lawyer.https://www.rzim.org/speakers/abdu-murray

John Stewart is a lawyer, Christian apologist, author, and award-winning radio personality. His newest book, In Defense of the Gospels: The Case for Reliability, is available now on Amazon or through our store.https://www.intelligentfaith.com/

Professor Simon Greenleaf of Harvard Law School, in The Testimony of the Evangelists: The Gospels Examined by the Rules of Evidence. New York: J. C. & Co., 1874.http://www.classicapologetics.com/special/legalclassics.html

Others who are not lawyers

1. Norm Geisler: normangeisler.net.
  2. William Lane Craig: Reasonable Faith.org
  3. Ravi Zacharias: RZIM.org
  4. John Lennox: John Lennox.org
  5. Greg Koukl: STR.org
  6. J. Warner Wallace: ColdCaseChristianity.com
  7. Paul Copan: PaulCopan.com
  8. Ed Feser: http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/
  9. Lee Strobel: Lee Strobel.com
  10. Josh McDowell: Josh.org
  11. Discovery Institute (Dembski, Meyer, Richards, Luskin, Wells): www.Discovery.org
  12. C.S. Lewis: CSLewis.org
  13. Gary Habermas: GaryHabermas.com
  14. Timothy McGrew: http://historicalapologetics.org/
  15. Dr. Michael Brown: AskDrBRown.org
  16. Richard Howe: Richardghowe.com
  17. Tim Keller: TimothyKeller.com
  18. J. Budziszewski: Undergroundthomist.org
  19. Hank Hanegraaff: Equip.org
  20. Hugh Ross: Reasons.org

Mar 4, 2019
forget catholic study up judeo cristition theology become born again under water emersed not a catholic sprincle do not be decived

Mar 25, 2019
No denomination in heaven get that first. The church that preaches Christ as His foundation and not man.that preaches the word of God the way it is not adding or subtracting from it.