Question...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
In listening to a Christian radio program...it was said...

"You experience pain from the pain you caused"

Do you think this is so? 🤔

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

At times, definitely. Self inflicted wounds are the most painful. We can be our own worst enemy. If we hurt other people, they may turn away from us and we lose their friendship. Be over critical and complain about your work, you may well find yourself looking for another job. We reap what we sow. That should keep us on our toes!

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
If you are talking about the pain of sin, I agree. We do eventually feel the pain we sinfully cause in others. Not as some mystical "karma" but because we are all joined and united in one.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Physical pain and suffering are hard on anyone believer or not.

I do believe what " goes around,comes around!

The most pain we cause that backfires on us usually comes from our smallest member....... Our tongue!

What can wound deeper than anything physical ?

It doesn't necessarily bring death to a person nor ourselves the things we say but it can tear up friendships,families and even careers!

Words can also cause doubt and spiritual death to others.

We have the tongue guarded by two rows of teeth and two lips but the deadliest member escapes at times to reek havoc!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Physical pain and suffering are hard on anyone believer or not.

I do believe what " goes around,comes around!

The most pain we cause that backfires on us usually comes from our smallest member....... Our tongue!

What can wound deeper than anything physical ?

It doesn't necessarily bring death to a person nor ourselves the things we say but it can tear up friendships,families and even careers!

Words can also cause doubt and spiritual death to others.

We have the tongue guarded by two rows of teeth and two lips but the deadliest member escapes at times to reek havoc!
Excellent post! T Y

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I definitely believe that is often the case, although not in every single situation. But yes most of the pain we suffer could have been avoided had we been wiser/not indulging ourselves in some way.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

a law of the universe -- we reap what we sow

"choose life, so that you will live, ...,"

we affect our future and generations to come

this is not always evident but is a law

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

Blech. This is utter nonsense. Someone needs to be slapped. Or, in my world, heated to extreme temperatures by a hot plasma gas I can emit from my mouth.

Now, sometimes we do cause our own pain. No question. We add to what life is already doing to us because of a lack of wisdom or foresight. But, life DOES do stuff to us. We get fired from jobs, loved ones die, we get into accidents, friends betray us, yada yada.

If that statement was not taken out of context, that person needs to experience some pain that they cannot control.