Why do we go by the new testament and not the Old Testament ? Is the Old Testament irrelevant to the New Testament law?
The New Testament is an easier read and much shorter. I guess the fact that it's all about Jesus and the Holy Spirit doesn't hurt either. Many Christians find it more difficult and/or aren't willing to see the foreshadowing of Christ and His work in the Old Testament.
Why do we go by the new testament and not the Old Testament ? Is the Old Testament irrelevant to the New Testament law?
I suppose I don't have a good answer for this. I am a follower of Jesus Christ, Son of God, who I actually believe IS God, in flesh. Therefore his teachings, which are found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible need to be obeyed. That explains my devotion to those particular teachings, anyway.Why do we go by the new testament and not the Old Testament ? Is the Old Testament irrelevant to the New Testament law?
Why do we go by the new testament and not the Old Testament ? Is the Old Testament irrelevant to the New Testament law?
I'm talking about the Old Testament law...like don't shave the sides of your head...don't eat pork..don't wear clothing with two differant material..don't sacrifice an animal with damaged testicles...why don't we "Christians" follow these laws?