Questions about hunting

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
People already hunt other people. That how hit-men came around. How do you think we have murders and all that? Basically, it is people hunting people. Jesus even gave Peter a sheet full of animals and said, and I quote Acts 10:13. "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter, kill, and eat.

Wow Good scripture ..brother! I had forgotten about that one...we have a commandment from Christ to stand on now :)
 
Nope God holds me in His Mighty hand... but He don't seem to save some of those squirrels :(

doesn't...He doesn't seem to save etc

just trying to be helpful

well, there are millions of squirrels and just one of you...he does seem to care about sparrows though...perhaps the squirrels are also within His view?

alas...off to watch some TV
 
doesn't...He doesn't seem to save etc

just trying to be helpful

well, there are millions of squirrels and just one of you...he does seem to care about sparrows though...perhaps the squirrels are also within His view?

alas...off to watch some TV
Nature channel I bet :p
 
I don't just kill and waste the meat. Some I eat, some I give to the relatives, so I sell.
 
as far as the Bible goes, seems the first inhabitants of the earth were not meat eaters...that appeared to have occured much later and after much sin

What about Cain and Abel???

They were among the very first inhabitants.

This is at the very beginning of the bible.

Abel tended sheep. For food. He killed them and offered them up to God for a sacrifice.

Cain tilled the ground. For food. He picked the plants and offered them up to God for a sacrifice.


I don't understand how anyone would think that the first inhabitants were not meat eaters? It would be like growing vegetables but telling everyone you don't eat vegetables.
 
Yes and the one who killed the animal (Abel) was justified before God...the one who didn't (Cain) was called wicked.
 
Yes and the one who killed the animal (Abel) was justified before God...the one who didn't (Cain) was called wicked.

LOL the animal had nothing to do with who was justified... ABBA Father inspected their hearts and Abel's heart was in it
 
What people don't understand about trophy hunting is the skill involved with hunting and killing one.

It takes several years of life for an animal to become a trophy. Each year that trophy gets smarter and smarter. It is hunted and escapes this hunting pressure each year.

The whole reason to hunt at all is to get better at it, as well. If it were just about getting meat then we could just go to the store and get it. If you want to prove to yourself, and anyone else, that you are a good hunter and you know what you are doing then you trophy hunt. You don't let any of the animal go to waste afterwards. But you hone your skill by taking the biggest, smartest animals.

People who are against hunting don't understand that this is an ESSENTIAL skill that every man should have. Its a lot more than just having a rifle and some ammo and hiking up into the mountains to go get meat. Every animal up there has a survival instinct just like you do. Every animal up there has keener senses than you. They see you, smell you, and hear you long before you ever know they are there. They know the terrain much better than you. The only time they start getting a little bit dumb is during the rut... Remember when you were 16-20yrs old... Dumb like that... lol

Even if you still don't understand any of this and you are still against it, I hope you at least understand my point of view, as a hunter. And wouldn't attempt to take it away. Its an essential right. Just like self-defense is an essential right. Even if you don't understand it.
 
What about Cain and Abel???

They were among the very first inhabitants.

This is at the very beginning of the bible.

Abel tended sheep. For food. He killed them and offered them up to God for a sacrifice.

Cain tilled the ground. For food. He picked the plants and offered them up to God for a sacrifice.


I don't understand how anyone would think that the first inhabitants were not meat eaters? It would be like growing vegetables but telling everyone you don't eat vegetables.

I don't understand it as well but if we are looking at scripture we can see that God gave Noah instruction to eat meat... before that we don't see any meat eating (could be a coincidental but I doubt it :) )
 
LOL the animal had nothing to do with who was justified... ABBA Father inspected their hearts and Abel's heart was in it

I don't think that was quite it, either.

I think it had more to do with the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the World.
 
What people don't understand about trophy hunting is the skill involved with hunting and killing one.

It takes several years of life for an animal to become a trophy. Each year that trophy gets smarter and smarter. It is hunted and escapes this hunting pressure each year.

The whole reason to hunt at all is to get better at it, as well. If it were just about getting meat then we could just go to the store and get it. If you want to prove to yourself, and anyone else, that you are a good hunter and you know what you are doing then you trophy hunt. You don't let any of the animal go to waste afterwards. But you hone your skill by taking the biggest, smartest animals.

People who are against hunting don't understand that this is an ESSENTIAL skill that every man should have. Its a lot more than just having a rifle and some ammo and hiking up into the mountains to go get meat. Every animal up there has a survival instinct just like you do. Every animal up there has keener senses than you. They see you, smell you, and hear you long before you ever know they are there. They know the terrain much better than you. The only time they start getting a little bit dumb is during the rut... Remember when you were 16-20yrs old... Dumb like that... lol

Even if you still don't understand any of this and you are still against it, I hope you at least understand my point of view, as a hunter. And wouldn't attempt to take it away. Its an essential right. Just like self-defense is an essential right. Even if you don't understand it.

There are cowards out there, and especially big 5 hunting in Africa...
 
I don't understand it as well but if we are looking at scripture we can see that God gave Noah instruction to eat meat... before that we don't see any meat eating (could be a coincidental but I doubt it :) )

We see animal killing, for sure.

You don't think they wasted that delicious, nutritious meat, do you?

I don't think they wasted anything. I think they used the skins, bones and everything.

That's what I would do...
 
What people don't understand about trophy hunting is the skill involved with hunting and killing one.

It takes several years of life for an animal to become a trophy. Each year that trophy gets smarter and smarter. It is hunted and escapes this hunting pressure each year.

The whole reason to hunt at all is to get better at it, as well. If it were just about getting meat then we could just go to the store and get it. If you want to prove to yourself, and anyone else, that you are a good hunter and you know what you are doing then you trophy hunt. You don't let any of the animal go to waste afterwards. But you hone your skill by taking the biggest, smartest animals.

People who are against hunting don't understand that this is an ESSENTIAL skill that every man should have. Its a lot more than just having a rifle and some ammo and hiking up into the mountains to go get meat. Every animal up there has a survival instinct just like you do. Every animal up there has keener senses than you. They see you, smell you, and hear you long before you ever know they are there. They know the terrain much better than you. The only time they start getting a little bit dumb is during the rut... Remember when you were 16-20yrs old... Dumb like that... lol

Even if you still don't understand any of this and you are still against it, I hope you at least understand my point of view, as a hunter. And wouldn't attempt to take it away. Its an essential right. Just like self-defense is an essential right. Even if you don't understand it.


Yes, Grandpa, I understand your POV as a hunter. But I'm not talking about proving how good a hunter a person might be. I'm talking about the ones who do it purely for the heck of it, just to boast and brag about it, and add a bear shag rug to their floor or an animal head on their wall, all just to show what a good shot they are. Someone wants to hunt, that's their choice. But I don't undestand the concept of killing an animal just for kicks..
 
Yes, Grandpa, I understand your POV as a hunter. But I'm not talking about proving how good a hunter a person might be. I'm talking about the ones who do it purely for the heck of it, just to boast and brag about it, and add a bear shag rug to their floor or an animal head on their wall, all just to show what a good shot they are. Someone wants to hunt, that's their choice. But I don't undestand the concept of killing an animal just for kicks..

There's no way for you to separate the wheat from the chaff... Without destroying the wheat...