I feel my belief in God and my need for Him being shaken.
I wouldn't use Psychology to prove to yourself the existence of God
If you are sincerely looking for the evidence of God's existence of God there are other more "tangible" ways of doing that
For example we now know from current physics and cosmology that the universe began to exist as if someone created it out of nothing as Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics): "
Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say 'supernatural') plan."
We also know that the Universe appears to be “fine-tuned” as if someone tuned it as George Ellis (British astrophysicist) writes "
Amazing fine tuning occurs in the laws that make this [complexity] possible. Realization of the complexity of what is accomplished makes it very difficult not to use the word 'miraculous' without taking a stand as to the ontological status of the word."
There are also other types of evidence. Let me give you few more quotes
Alan Sandage (winner of the Crawford prize in astronomy):
"I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing."
George Greenstein (astronomer):
"As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"
Tony Rothman (physicist):
"When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it."
Vera Kistiakowsky (MIT physicist):
"The exquisite order displayed by our scientific understanding of the physical world calls for the divine."
Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics):
"When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics."
Arthur L. Schawlow (Professor of Physics at Stanford University, 1981 Nobel Prize in physics):
"It seems to me that when confronted with the marvels of life and the universe, one must ask why and not just how. The only possible answers are religious. . . . I find a need for God in the universe and in my own life."
Wernher von Braun (Pioneer rocket engineer)
"I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."
Antony Flew (Professor of Philosophy, former atheist, author, and debater)
"It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design."
Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic):
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."