Quick poem by Uhhhhh

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
The sky, the ocean. They saw it and died, bodies in the land, bodies of man and wife. They'll rise again. O what they did. Oh what they are. What was their story while they lived and after they began sleeping. It was of sin washed alongside a sin celebration fable. The flowers. The birds. We see them, water them, hold them with our bodies. And we will rise to see the faces of our family, after our story is told along side the slander of us all. Clothes. Mountains. Cars. Will it all disappear?

L

LPT

The sky the ocean
they saw it and died,
bodies in the land,
bodies of man and wife,
they'll rise again,

Oh what they did,
oh what they are,
what was their story while they lived,
after they began sleeping,

It was of sin washed alongside,
a sin celebration fable,
the flowers the birds,
we see them, water them,
hold them with our bodies,

We will rise to see,
the faces of our family,
after our story is told,
along side the slander of us all,

Clothes,Mountains,Cars,
Will it all disappear?

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
What did you just do, LPT?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Very interesting poem i like it but could you explain it to me i don't quite understand it

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Well... Love of men and women and other things is present in Christian deeds... Even with writing poems. And i have thought maybe before that a good song or poem will always be pro man and woman and other things.. But not pro everything. I have also found that... It kind of maybe frees things up, or really makes things shine in writing when you include the wants, needs and familiar things of men, women, etc. Like, I don't want people to completely or at all be wrong about people and things. The sky, ocean and land are all three incredible. And some people are maybe too people focused... And some aren't. And... Men and women love these three things, no? They are some of the grander parts of what men and women and beasts uh... Enjoy and thrive by? It's all what fits us. Clearly not the grandest parts, but... Still. So, us men, and the women derive something from these three things... And whatever else I may have mentioned. Songs and poems may be lacking... Focus. They don't maybe actually focus on stuff a good amount. Either too much or too little focus on stuff. And yeah.. Then there is general and specific details. Some writing is too vague. Some is too specific. I suppose. And people get extreme. Maybe they start hating vague and start hating specific... Or just losing interest in the general and specific... Dude I could go on and on.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
And then yeah... Then there is being too physical in writing... And too nonphysical. Also... Not very factual.. More presumptuous. So... Yeah. I would never want to basically mislead people in my writing with presumption and other things. I do not wish too make people pay too much or too little attention to things. And yeah... Maybe it's good to have a poem that is very physical, or non physical... As long as its not every single poem that gets written. And I mean, what writer wants to be physical constantly, or whatever else?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I like you:) You are a deep thinker and think about things normal people don't tend to think about

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
And then there is death and life people. And... Do people not grieve for their dead whilst still alive in the world? And it's like, hey.... Here's one thing, just because their dead... What do we do. Keep on loving the dead? Well... Then we got to remind ourselves to do that, maybe... Basically. So that's what I do. I just try to help people not waste their time and stuff. Loving the dead might be something people aren't doing enough of, actually.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
And then there is death and life people. And... Do people not grieve for their dead whilst still alive in the world? And it's like, hey.... Here's one thing, just because their dead... What do we do. Keep on loving the dead? Well... Then we got to remind ourselves to do that, maybe... Basically. So that's what I do. I just try to help people not waste their time and stuff. Loving the dead might be something people aren't doing enough of, actually.
Actually I have indeed grieved for the dead several times I sometimes on my walks go to this nearby cemetery about a quarter mile from my house and as i walk past all these graves I ponder what their lives were like, what kind of people they were what their favorite things to do were and how many of them are going home to father and others to well... you know. But regardless of whether they are going to heaven or hell as I walk in the cemetery I give my respects to them even though I never knew any of them. I am just weird like that

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Well... It took time for me to learn how to act, basically.. And God. Lol.
Maybe you've recognized something in my writing... Something you wanted or needed. Something that won't cause you shame. Well... Let's see what happens next for everyone because I've written and you've read. And yeah... I'll take the encouragement. It's goodbye encourage. Takes a certain kind.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Great. Walking past a cemetery is something, right? And yeah... Maybe you wonder because of what you've heard? I mean, I recently have been trying to get into history... Which is full of dead men, women and children... And beasts. I mean... It's like but, is all I'm hearing true, about Calvin and Martin Luther and king Louis the Xll... And the Pope Alexander the xi, etc.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Yeah... To me, for many reasons, it seems good to hear about ancestors and people who governed them and stuff.... Rather than just me talk and hear about me all the time.. Or three people. Not just the living. Because... Well.. Yeah many reasons. I mean, the dead accomplished stuff before they went. They all loved however many people for however long and we're loved or not in return and then they all died.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
But... They'll be with us one day. Interesting, right? Imagine really talking to George Washington... Moses and your great great great grandparents all at the same time.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
So yeah. Then you have the possibilities and then the actual. Like... In the end, it's all converts in heaven. You know... And they say native Americans converted... And the Irish converted... But what about before that.... What was that like? How much of their ways did they forsake..... And so why would converts want to pick that stuff up and like what any of these people did before conversion...

A

AuntieAnt

Yeah...
I mean, the dead accomplished stuff before they went. They all loved however many people for however long and we're loved or not in return and then they all died.
Man, there's a poignant story yet to be written within that observation. Excellent insight, Uhhhhh. I hope you pen another poem based on those thoughts.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Great. Walking past a cemetery is something, right? And yeah... Maybe you wonder because of what you've heard? I mean, I recently have been trying to get into history... Which is full of dead men, women and children... And beasts. I mean... It's like but, is all I'm hearing true, about Calvin and Martin Luther and king Louis the Xll... And the Pope Alexander the xi, etc.
Well actually I walk all through out it even at night sometimes, I don't know really why I do it I may feel empathetic for them or something but I do tend to ponder about life and death when I'm there and what lies beyond the grave.

A

AuntieAnt

The Bible tells us we’re surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, the faithful men and women who went before us paving the way through their victories over trials. And we’re to be encouraged to throw aside everything that gets in the way of us moving forward victoriously, ya know? That includes stuff that gets us easily tripped up and tries to keep us stagnant and discouraged. We’re told to run with patience the race that’s already marked out for us by God. Remembering those who went before us is inspiring.

My husband has passed now, but we used to travel around and often stopped to rest in old graveyards. We would read aloud the inscriptions on the historic stones and try to imagine what kind of lives they lived, what they might have gone through in this life. We would get inspired thinking of the things they accomplished in life, the joys they may have experienced, the sorrows. It’s amazing to think how they finally found their eternal rest in Christ Jesus and are now cheering us on. Including my husband. :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello AuntieAnt, :)

In dark lonely times, we must remember ........ we are NOT alone, we have NOT been abandoned. In Christ, your husband never left you and is with you now - just as Christ is. Also, just as Christ, He is no longer "physically" with you on the Earth. However, He (Jesus) and he (your husband) is with you - even now by spirit. So am I with you, because we are "in Christ."

The spirit is not bound like our earthly body is. This is why Jesus can communicate with us. The Holy Spirit has been given to us as "access" to the Father and Christ. The Holy Spirit is wonderful! Like a cell phone Daddy gave us to talk with Him.

Some may think it odd that you and your husband visited graveyards in your travels. However, "in Christ" you were simply saying "hello" to those that are "in Christ."

I so look forward to the "family reunion" one day! God bless you and keep you always! Your sister "in Christ," Lafftur! :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello Uhhhhh, :)

I'm so glad you're pondering these things. It means you are digging for the truth - The True Meaning of Life and Death.

Excellent digging!:)