quitting cigarettes.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sophrosyne

Prayer request: please pray for me, as I will stop smoking cigarettes.
My mom couldn't stop, even her last day she was on earth- (she had terminal cancer), she pointed to the cigarettes, and I had to light it for her, and then put it to her mouth.. She often said "In my early years I was addicted to heroine, and that wasn't easy to stop with me, insanely hard... - but im telling you, they put something else in cigarettes that makes it harder to stop than anything else.)
-This is not a debate what is tougher to stop with than anything else, it depends on the individual anyway, and how long you've been "doing" whatever you do for.
Please pray for me as I quit smoking, maybe I can update how it's going, in this thread.
May Jesus fill your day with love.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Prayer request: please pray for me, as I will stop smoking cigarettes.
My mom couldn't stop, even her last day she was on earth- (she had terminal cancer), she pointed to the cigarettes, and I had to light it for her, and then put it to her mouth.. She often said "In my early years I was addicted to heroine, and that wasn't easy to stop with me, insanely hard... - but im telling you, they put something else in cigarettes that makes it harder to stop than anything else.)
-This is not a debate what is tougher to stop with than anything else, it depends on the individual anyway, and how long you've been "doing" whatever you do for.
Please pray for me as I quit smoking, maybe I can update how it's going, in this thread.
May Jesus fill your day with love.
Hi...
My heart really goes to you , so sorry about your mum...
I gave up smoking 4 yrs ago , but to be honest , the only thing that has stopped me smoking is vaping , and now I am asking the LORD to help me with this...

I will pray for you right now , please keep us updated , we all have addictions , your not on your own...xox...

S

Sophrosyne

Hi...
My heart really goes to you , so sorry about your mum...
I gave up smoking 4 yrs ago , but to be honest , the only thing that has stopped me smoking is vaping , and now I am asking the LORD to help me with this...

I will pray for you right now , please keep us updated , we all have addictions , your not on your own...xox...
How long did you last? and thank you for praying for me. :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
How long did you last? and thank you for praying for me. :)
As soon as I started vaping , I gave up smoking within two weeks , completely stopped , and touched it to this day...
I do not want to advertise ecigs , but am just being honest...

I vaped 18mg tobacco vape , then switched to menthol 12 mgs , then to 6 mgs , then to zero , no nicotine...

I still vape sometimes with a small amount of nicotine , but my lungs are classed as a non smoker , and to this day I have not had one cough...

Like I said , I am not lifting vaping up , I truly believe God has broken me from the smoking , and now I need His help again with the vaping , but I enjoy it so He knows I am not willing to surrender it to Him , and I am not happy about that , but that is where I am at...xox...

Feb 28, 2016
well, hub and I didn't ask anyone to pray for us when we decided, made a decision to QUIT something that
was affecting our over-all health, especially breathing! and that was 'cigs' - and yes, we did have OTHER addictive habits,
but eventually quit them also, after several years and much refining and 'over-coming' - point is, for each of us, it was our (((tit..&binkie))):):)!!!:):) no kidding,
wake-up in the middle of the night and guess what??? (light a cig))) -
before breakfast? guess what, (Light a cig) -
have a drink?, guess what, (light a cig) -
wake-up-go-to-sleep, guess what, (light a cig) -
how did hub and I 'put them down'??? what do you all think, and I'm talking to the real addicts...
again, what do you all think about our being able to QUIT so many 'vile-nasty-habits'???

well, hub and I can only think of One Way that we could have possibly QUIT such a destructive-addiction,
what say you all???

S

Sophrosyne

i'd like to apologize for any further messages that may seem rude, and please understand that i'm very .. struggling in my mind with NOT smoking right now lol.
-I felt / feel i wanted to ask people if they wanted to pray for me, mostly cause i know i need a LOT of Gods strenght to overcome this, I cant do it alone.

Feb 28, 2016
asking for prayer is a very humble gesture, if it is truly 'heart-felt'...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
i'd like to apologize for any further messages that may seem rude, and please understand that i'm very .. struggling in my mind with NOT smoking right now lol.
-I felt / feel i wanted to ask people if they wanted to pray for me, mostly cause i know i need a LOT of Gods strenght to overcome this, I cant do it alone.
None of us can do it alone , and don`t forget , the devil gonna beat you down about this ...

Don`t look down , look up , and thank and praise God He has brought this to your mind...xox...

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Quitting's easy, I've done it lots of times! Seriously, though, be sure you really want to quit, or it's just a waste of time and energy. Drink lots of water, and in about ten days the physical addiction will be gone. After that it's a battle of the mind.

God delivered me from cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamines. Even when I went back to them-the chains of addiction were broken, and I was able to stop again. My experience has been this: When God gives deliverance, it's total and complete deliverance! Praise God that His mercy endures forever!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying that God will give you all the comfort, strength and guidance you need to overcome this issue. Blessings to you, friend.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
God bless you for wanting to change and quit. My hubby battles the same addiction and it is a sore spot between us. God has already given you the victory over this habit just accept it from Him and take one day at a time. Even one minute at a time. Focus on God being right by your side.

Each time you deny yourself it will be easier the next time to say no.

I look forward to heaven and the earth made new as satan and his evil companions won't be there to whisper in our ears and tempt us to do the bad habits we love to entertain here on this earth. We will be living with God and know His love for us and the peace and contentment that living with Him brings. We can have that here on earth as we set aside the habits that try to keep us separated from God. God loves you so much that He is right there giving you His strength to overcome believe it and know it to be true.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Eat some tobacco, that helped me get sick of it right away.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Quitting's easy, I've done it lots of times! Seriously, though, be sure you really want to quit, or it's just a waste of time and energy. Drink lots of water, and in about ten days the physical addiction will be gone. After that it's a battle of the mind.

God delivered me from cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamines. Even when I went back to them-the chains of addiction were broken, and I was able to stop again. My experience has been this: When God gives deliverance, it's total and complete deliverance! Praise God that His mercy endures forever!
I forgot to mention it, but I prayed or you, and will continue.

A

AuntieAnt

I pray Lord that our brother know deliverance from smoking by Your Spirit! Thank You Jesus, You are so faithful and merciful.

Jesus-and-young-man.jpg

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Sophrosyne, and this prayer. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!