Quotes from Famous People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

Everything in moderation, especially work. (mfr)

Natasha91

Apr 27, 2019
Everything in moderation, especially work. (mfr)
One of my favorite quotes... The majesty of the world's natural wonders are awesome and indescribable, and yet still- we are God's masterpieces!

“And men go abroad to admire the heights of mountains, the mighty waves of the sea, the broad tides of rivers, the compass of the ocean, and the circuits of the stars, yet pass over the mystery of themselves without a thought.”- St. Augustine

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzo

“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” Albert Einstein

M

morefaithrequired

One of my favorite quotes... The majesty of the world's natural wonders are awesome and indescribable, and yet still- we are God's masterpieces!

“And men go abroad to admire the heights of mountains, the mighty waves of the sea, the broad tides of rivers, the compass of the ocean, and the circuits of the stars, yet pass over the mystery of themselves without a thought.”- St. Augustine
hey i was just reading st. augustine today. i will quote him later. thanks.

M

morefaithrequired

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” Lao Tzo

“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” Albert Einstein
you were into lao Tzu too?"refreshing to say the least

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
you were into lao Tzu too?"refreshing to say the least
I have read a bit of this and a bit of that here and there... Bing helps :D Here's some more:

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” Abraham Lincoln

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill

M

morefaithrequired

Better to have played sudoku than never to have played at all. (mfr)

M

morefaithrequired

Its time for all narcissists to look in the mirror and reassess their lives. (mfr)

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
In the end its not the years in your life that counts but the life in your years

Abraham Lincoln

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Albert Einstein Quotes

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it. – Albert Einstein

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. – Albert Einstein

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. – Albert Einstein

I am happy because I want nothing from anyone. – Albert Einstein

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. – Albert Einstein

Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. – Albert Einstein

I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind. – Albert Einstein

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects. – Albert Einstein

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. – Albert Einstein

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. – Albert Einstein

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. – Albert Einstein

Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think. – Albert Einstein

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. – Albert Einstein

What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right. – Albert Einstein

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. – Albert Einstein

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Aug 6, 2019
“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”

― D.H. Lawrence

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
"Leave the broken, irreversible past in God's hands,
and step out into invincible future with Him."
Oswald Chambers
----
Some people on CC might remember.. OP/mfr.
- He had a sense of humor..
We had interesting days...with his posts/comments.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
"If you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and move on." My grandfather.

Aug 6, 2019
[to God] I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?
Tevye's quote from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes

Maimonides

Jewish Philosopher and Rabbinic Scholar

1135 - 1204

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
life is hard.
it's even harder when you're stupid.

- John Wayne