Quotes from Famous People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
“...Because the world has gone nutty and art always paints the spirit of its times”
-Robert A. Heinlein, 'Stranger in a Strange Land'.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Queen Elizabeth II
"For me, the life of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, whose birth we celebrate today, is an inspiration and an anchor in my life. A role model of reconciliation and forgiveness, he stretched out his hands in love, acceptance and healing. Christ's example has taught me to seek to respect and value all people, of whatever faith or none." (Christmas message, 2014)

soberxp

May 3, 2018
We lie, we cheat, we steal. We also have a course to teach these. This is the glory of America's continuous exploration and progress. "-----Mike Pompeo

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
"To succeed, we must first.... believe we can!"
-Michael Korda (1933) British- born writer, editor, novelist

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Brokenness is when we learn all there is is God. Peace comes when we find all we need is God. Joy comes when all we want is God.
John Piper

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
"Another kind of religious leader must arise among us. He must be of the old prophet type, a man with discernment one who has visions of God and has heard a voice from the Throne. When he comes (and I pray God there will be not one but many) he will stand in flat contradiction to everything our smirking, smooth civilization holds dear. He will contradict, denounce, and protest in the name of God and will earn the hatred and opposition of a large segment of Christendom. Such a man is likely to be lean, rugged, blunt-spoken and a little bit angry with the world. He will love Christ and the souls of men to the point of willingness to die for the glory of the one and the salvation of the other. But he will fear nothing that breathes with mortal breath."

I don't know who said this. But if He's lean, rugged, blunt-spoken, and a little bit angry with the world, I like him already. -RB

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
"Another kind of religious leader must arise among us. He must be of the old prophet type, a man with discernment one who has visions of God and has heard a voice from the Throne. When he comes (and I pray God there will be not one but many) he will stand in flat contradiction to everything our smirking, smooth civilization holds dear. He will contradict, denounce, and protest in the name of God and will earn the hatred and opposition of a large segment of Christendom. Such a man is likely to be lean, rugged, blunt-spoken and a little bit angry with the world. He will love Christ and the souls of men to the point of willingness to die for the glory of the one and the salvation of the other. But he will fear nothing that breathes with mortal breath."

I don't know who said this. But if He's lean, rugged, blunt-spoken, and a little bit angry with the world, I like him already. -RB
We could use a few Moseses right now. Maybe an Elijah or two.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

😂 Lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

I know a few preachers like that.

"Why do you always look mad when you preach?"
"I preach better when I'm angry."

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I always think the world is not satisfactory. In fact, this is the heaven designed by God. Only the devil can create the illusion of a perfect world, because God is a kind God, not a god of the dead, not a god of letting people die,no matter good or bad._______soberxp

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. ‘How are we to live in an atomic age?’ I am tempted to reply: Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.’

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways.

We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances… and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.”

― C.S. Lewis

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none".
--William Shakespeare