Radio Theater

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Focus on the Family has a series of radio theater productions available. I have used their production of The Screwtape Letters in small group presentations and found them to be first-rate. The good thing with Scewtape is you can easily pick-and-choose topics (Letters) to fit your topics and schedule. (Plus, there are tons of lesson outlines available on-line if you don't want to write your own).

I have not tried any of the other presentations but they look fascinating.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

C S Lewis The Screwtape Letters Audio-book

:)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Voice of John Cleese no less! Great!

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
it is? that is impressive. As far as anyone knows, is john cleese a christian?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He hasn't sounded like one when I hear him speak, what with Life of Brian and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to his credit.
This is another one of my questions that is not settled completely, Jesus said many would have an outward form of godliness and deny the power, we are surrounded by this, I have questioned if they would be saved as He also said some would do miracles in His name yet He "knew them not" and cast them out.
blessings

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Just a note....the Focus on the Family presentation is not the John Cleese version. Both are excellent but the FOTF version is much more dramatic with different voices, audio enhancements and sound effects. I think it can hold a groups interest better.

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
Hillsdale College also offer a free online extension course in the writings of CS Lewis. They're not the worst al Hillsdale, but it's extremely important to bear in mind that they are a northern union school, so their slants on Churchill, Lewis, and Mark Twain are very biased and extreme.

Focus on the Family are totally unqualified, people like that don't have high enough reasoning abilities to comprehend the English religion. I used to listen to his Kiddie winks chi chis on the American Revolution as a kid, he's a mere psychologist who isn't spiritual enough to begin focusing on the spiritual aspects of the War of Independence.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Hillsdale College also offer a free online extension course in the writings of CS Lewis. They're not the worst al Hillsdale, but it's extremely important to bear in mind that they are a northern union school, so their slants on Churchill, Lewis, and Mark Twain are very biased and extreme.
Do you know why Hillsdale refused to complete the requirements of Title IX (non-sex discrimination) back in the 70s and why it still does (and rejects MI state funding for students)? I would assume they don't discriminate based on sex, so not sure why they made the stand.

So why do you say Hillsdale professors have an extreme biased slant on Lewis and Churchill (Winston)?

Focus on the Family are totally unqualified, people like that don't have high enough reasoning abilities to comprehend the English religion. I used to listen to his Kiddie winks chi chis on the American Revolution as a kid, he's a mere psychologist who isn't spiritual enough to begin focusing on the spiritual aspects of the War of Independence.
You talking about Dr James Dobson? What's the "English religion" you're talking about? What's on thing Dobson gets wrong about religion?

What does Dobson get wrong about the spiritual aspects of the War of Independence?

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
Do you know why Hillsdale refused to complete the requirements of Title IX (non-sex discrimination) back in the 70s and why it still does (and rejects MI state funding for students)? I would assume they don't discriminate based on sex, so not sure why they made the stand.

So why do you say Hillsdale professors have an extreme biased slant on Lewis and Churchill (Winston)?

You talking about Dr James Dobson? What's the "English religion" you're talking about? What's on thing Dobson gets wrong about religion?

What does Dobson get wrong about the spiritual aspects of the War of Independence?
Hillsdale isn't accredited. Think a bit more deeply, they're like Arab snack shops that don't take food stamps because they're run by illegal aliens who don't want the government setting up a point-of-sale system in their stores. That doesn't mean that I don't think they're videos aren't worth watching, because I went to Oxford, and I know a lot about their problems. They're anti conservative people with candlelight 1776 parties on video.

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
Hillsdale isn't accredited. Think a bit more deeply, they're like Arab snack shops that don't take food stamps because they're run by illegal aliens who don't want the government setting up a point-of-sale system in their stores. That doesn't mean that I don't think they're videos aren't worth watching, because I went to Oxford, and I know a lot about their problems. They're anti conservative people with candlelight 1776 parties on video.
Sorry, I feel like I ought to add to that and amend it. I like Hillsdale just fine; I mean they are really good videos? But at the same time, I was totally forced out of Washington State when that Christine Gregoire witch put James Meridith's picture on the County stationery and Metro busses, and I'm as far into what I do as a nationalist as Hillsdale are into what they do, believe me, I am. Also, I'm not named after Flannery O'Connor, someone I know who would be really interested in that would be my mother, who comes form close to that part of the world. Spell my name right, it's O'Brien.

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023

James Dobson doesn't know anything about anything. He has nothing to do with gender discrimination cases anyway, I'm sure that he's a sexist pig, but compared to some of his other crimes, that is a small thing. Don't you know what a Dobson Reflector is in astronomy? It's a toy, you look into it and there's a mirror on the end instead of a lens. He thinks he's a star. The dummy thinks he's a star, the eye in the sky. He's a 1984 conspiracy theory fruitcake, it's his eye watching, but ultimately, he's only watching himself. The guy is a philosophical solipsist, and he goes around teaching it to parents. They have to make their children into little mirror images of themselves! But wait! Shock, gasp, there are two parents! Which one is the child a reverse image of? Oh oh, it's daddy for him and mommy for her? Or is a girl a reverse of a man and a boy of a mom? Must be real confusing for those kids with that fifth wheel that isn't related to them stuck in the frames sucking all that money out of the education budget.

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
Focus on the Family has a series of radio theater productions available. I have used their production of The Screwtape Letters in small group presentations and found them to be first-rate. The good thing with Scewtape is you can easily pick-and-choose topics (Letters) to fit your topics and schedule. (Plus, there are tons of lesson outlines available on-line if you don't want to write your own).

I have not tried any of the other presentations but they look fascinating.
Focus on the Family also has a great audio drama adaptation on Corrie ten Boom's "The Hiding Place".

Lamplighter Theater audio dramas are really good for the most part, but more for children and young people. Though still timeless and great for any age!

Don't know how they'd be for small group presentations but you never know.