Rain drops fallin on my head

  • Thread starter Thread starter blueorchidjd
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blueorchidjd

Guest
So within the last few days God has given me countless revelations about my thought processes and patterns that are still worldly and are in fact, very double-minded.


He has shown me the importance of strictly believing and not depending upon seeking sources outside of the bible.


Now, this may be absolutely crazy to people that hold fast to current events and a series of rational criteria. In fact, in order to gain success in our lives we have to get to know the people around us through the opinions of these sources, right?

Well God has been showing me the contrary lately.


In fact, he has shown me the exact importance of the story where Peter is walking out to him on the water. This is the kind of faith, the proximity, and dedication he wants from us. The point of no turning back even if there are buildings crashing all around us and we may be upon the verge of death.


So what does this conclude? Does this conclude the fact that we are to become less diligent with our works? Of course not. We are to do our work diligently and work with our hands to serve the Lord. This draws us to another question- Am I giving the devil a field day by succumbing to these double-minded stigmas, thoughts, and beliefs? The truth is, we are. When we allow theory of the world to creep in and suffocate our validity that we experience with God's truth, we are turning our quiet country road into a broad highway to hell. We take the time, we have more options, but we become unstable in our ways. It is like the exact scripture where it talks about this man. James 1:23-24- For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.


God has been showing me that I am like that man.


I can be like that man when I try to do works in my own strength and when I am not seeking God moment by moment. (Huge part I realized)...


Whenever I am not seeking him in repentance. And I am dealing with unforgiveness and I want to hold onto my self-righteous formula. This formula, I realized, is the exact opposite of belief! It leads me into the pattern of trying to conform to the world. It is the conformity that harbors political correctness and dolls itself up in rubies and pearls as a distraction...but in all honesty it is a swine oppressing nations.


Nothing else to say.