Raising two children in a bad relationship

  • Thread starter Thread starter doll
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doll

Guest
Rasising two babies and trying to hold a relationship together os hard, it's harder when the relationship is rotten to the core.

How many times should I forgive him? He is not my husband. He beat me once, though it was long ago it did happen.

People do not understand what stuck is. They all think they have the easy answer.
I pray to God for an answer to this mess.
 
In your own words, "the relationship is rotten to the core." If he is NOT your husband, why do you want to stay in a rotten relationship? If he's hit you even once, and you say he has, he WILL eventually do it again. You don't need to live together to be a family. Schedule times for him to visit the kids. Get yourself out of this toxic relationship, and trust in God to bring you through. You should forgive him, if you have'nt already, and part on amiable terms.
 
your beautiful, he must be crazy, or just does not know any better in what he is doing. i will pray for you love. Jesus bless you, peace to you tonight, blessed are you. amen
 
I pray you find a way of escape and that God provides you with one. I also had that same revelation when I took a look at an abusive husband. That is a gift from God and only God can reveal such things to you. I pray that He unsticks you! NO woman should be abused. BTW forgiveness is between you and the Lord. God knows your heart and will help you when it is time. I agree with irishdeciple. You are beautiful! GBU
 
What you are creating for yourself and your newborn generational family is inescapable pity party. Just acknowledging the fact that you feel stuck should be enough to call the tow truck. The problem is you don't love yourself enough to want what GOD wants for you. I understand that because I have been there. But not loving yourself is one thing, what about the fruit that you have borne surely you love them not to see them in your mess. If your relationship is as rotten as you say, then how can you feed it to your babies and say it is ok. You are literally teaching your children to accept your situations as an acceptable one. This is how you hinder them by feeding them rotten apples and telling them that’s the way it is deal with it. Your life now belongs to your children since you chose to bring them in this world, so it's not about you and your heart anymore it's about theirs.

Matthew 19 14Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”


Matthew 18:2-6
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."
 
Sometimes we see the wrong and kept it on... I know it by experience. I should have divorce from the beginning but I kept it up for 13 years and I wasn`t the best person she needed (of course, she wasn`t the one I wnated but I married to get sex, essentially).

You can wonder your own situation.
 
Yes.... I guess we sometimes have to experience hardships to see the intention of our own hearts, but there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. I also married my ex with the notion I was gaining a family. It turned out that I married a horrific mixed bag of nutz who all ended up turning on me. But, I repented, and Thank the Lord, He released me. Just keep seeking, and He will release us from the chains, whether that mean of the ones in our own mind too. Also, many are not following the Lord when they marry. But, He is faithful.
 
Last edited: