Random Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I have a dark (black) stain on a decorative wooden bowl any suggestions on how to get the stain out.

Thanks

T

Tinuviel

Do you know what it is that made the stain?

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I think it is because the wood got damp, so water has penetrated the wooden bowl

Nov 14, 2016
Are you ready for extreme Mercy too be poured out?---- if your like the elder brother---no...

P

PinkDiamond

I've read before about stains in wood. I think if I recall that dark stains are much harder to remove than the white rings or water marks.

Dec 19, 2009
I have a dark (black) stain on a decorative wooden bowl any suggestions on how to get the stain out.

Thanks
My expertise in this area is limited to watching a few episodes of "This Old House." Maybe you could sand it off and then refinish the area you sanded (or the whole bowl)?

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I have looked at various sites washed bowl in washing up liquid and allowed to dry naturally it is a lot better. Looked at moutain woodworker and a number of other sites. Prob will try oxalic acid (wood bleach) it seams that it may be because the wood got damp and the moisture reacted with tanins in it. If I sand it the stain may be deep into the wood. Also I can't really sand as it has our names and the date of our wedding round the rim of the bowl and intertwined initials in the centre. It was a wedding gift from a friend. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

T

Tinuviel

I have looked at various sites washed bowl in washing up liquid and allowed to dry naturally it is a lot better. Looked at moutain woodworker and a number of other sites. Prob will try oxalic acid (wood bleach) it seams that it may be because the wood got damp and the moisture reacted with tanins in it. If I sand it the stain may be deep into the wood. Also I can't really sand as it has our names and the date of our wedding round the rim of the bowl and intertwined initials in the centre. It was a wedding gift from a friend. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
I'm glad it is somewhat better. It sounds really special and I hope it is soon as good as new :)

Feb 28, 2016
you can always sand the area a little and brush over with a similar stain color...