Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Read the key so-called rapture passages in the Young's Literal Translation. It becomes clear that the gathering of saints occurred in the spiritual realm (in the "air" aer with the "clouds of heaven"). This happened at the Parousia of Christ in 70 AD.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
Read the key so-called rapture passages in the Young's Literal Translation. It becomes clear that the gathering of saints occurred in the spiritual realm (in the "air" aer with the "clouds of heaven"). This happened at the Parousia of Christ in 70 AD.
Really? lol

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
+++after the Rapture----but Christians must be prepared for persecution before the Rapture----persecution will come because of the Revival and Harvest that is starting---buckle up for before the Rapture will be Harvest and persecution and then the Great Tribulation...
Thanks for that info dearly beloved, much appreciated

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
If there is a rapture and it happens at the start of the great tribulation the beast will come after along with the false prophet. I have read quite a few books on the rapture. It does say that those that believe in God and love Him will be caught up in the air. We shall not all die but we will all be changed, in a twinkling of an eye, at the sound of the last trump.
Meaning the saints will be caught up before Revelations 13:16-18 right?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This topic is probably better suited for the bible forum. :) The Introductions thread is specifically for introducing yourself. :)

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Yes, that is correct. This is what the Bible teaches and what was recorded in history. Did you think Christ was going to leave the saints in Hades for another 2,000 years? Did He not tell His disciples that He was going to come back for them? All but John were dead by 70 AD. Do you think Christ was going to leave them as disembodied souls in Hades for 2,000+ years?

What does Mat 16:28 say? When did Jesus say He would return and when all the things He was discussing would happen? IN THAT GENERATION perhaps?

TrevorAR

Mar 22, 2018
So many get caught up in what's going to happen, is there a rapture, who is the anti-christ and I'm not against studying these topics but will they help us to be ready for what happens maybe some, but do they help us to be more christ-like not really in my opinion.

We ought to put more emphasis on how we can please the Lord, being a witness and witnessing to others, I don't believe studying the end-times stuff will do a whole lot in growing in the areas as I see as far more important for us because there are so many opinions and people get dogmatic on topics that nobody know 100% for sure, so let's major on the main, more important things of the bible.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
So many get caught up in what's going to happen, is there a rapture, who is the anti-christ and I'm not against studying these topics but will they help us to be ready for what happens maybe some, but do they help us to be more christ-like not really in my opinion.

We ought to put more emphasis on how we can please the Lord, being a witness and witnessing to others, I don't believe studying the end-times stuff will do a whole lot in growing in the areas as I see as far more important for us because there are so many opinions and people get dogmatic on topics that nobody know 100% for sure, so let's major on the main, more important things of the bible.

If there is not eternities, then why are we believing for?

TrevorAR

Mar 22, 2018
If there is not eternities, then why are we believing for?
I never wrote "there is not eternities". The point of my post is I believe we waste so much time figuring out the end time stuff that we neglect more important things.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
I never wrote "there is not eternities". The point of my post is I believe we waste so much time figuring out the end time stuff that we neglect more important things.
What for instance Trevor? I know I made an error and made this post at the wrong place (apology please), this has limited us from fully expressing ourselves , as others keep saying " this is not place for this pos". That said, when I asked the question it was not to argue or to proof anything. We had just done a study on that and these was some confusion regarding when/who comes first. I sincerely needed an answer. Sorry if I misunderstood you or if I were misunderstood.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
What are you believing for, Josie?
I am believing for eternal life. For there are two: etenrnal life and eternal damnation.
I am candidate for eternal life. Live eternally with Daddy God
If not, let us eat and drink for tomorrow we die (1 Corinth 15:32)

TrevorAR

Mar 22, 2018
What for instance Trevor? I know I made an error and made this post at the wrong place (apology please), this has limited us from fully expressing ourselves , as others keep saying " this is not place for this pos". That said, when I asked the question it was not to argue or to proof anything. We had just done a study on that and these was some confusion regarding when/who comes first. I sincerely needed an answer. Sorry if I misunderstood you or if I were misunderstood.
I believe there is a rapture(1 Thess. 4:16-18 & Colossians 3:4).

But why are you in such need of answer? Be anxious for nothing, trust in the Lord with all of your heart and rest in His promises.

The point of all end time stuff is to be ready daily for His coming not try to figure it all out. I see so many people get dogmatic about end time stuff that is just pointless. We should be far more focused on loving the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, being doers of His Word, preaching salvation to the lost ones we are called too, loving our neighbors as ourselves etc. etc.

Last edited:

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
And the sixth Angel poured out his upon the great river Euphrates and the water thereof was dried up
that the way of the Kings of the East might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs
come out of the mouth of the Dragon and out of the mouth of the Beast and out of the mouth of the
false Prophet. For they are spirits of Devils working miracles which go forth unto the Kings of the Earth
and of the whole world to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Behold I come as a thief Blessed is he that watcheth and keepeth his garments lest he walk naked and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew Tongue Armageddon.

REV 16 12-16 KJV

For you know yourselves that the day of the Lord cometh as a Thief in the night
For when they shall say Peace and Safety then sudden destruction cometh upon them
as travail upon a Woman with Child and they shall not escape. But ye brethren are not in darkness
that the day should overtake you as a thief

I Thess 4 :3-4 KJV

Please also refer to Matthew 24 :29-31

If the Rapture is meant to come before the Tribulation starts its strange that the warning about coming as a thief is found in the middle of a description of Armageddon which the Pre Trib Rapture is meant to avoid among other things.

There are the following explanations to consider

The warning was put in the wrong place
There are more than one rapture where Christ comes as a thief
Armageddon happens before the rapture and Tribulation
The Pre Trib Rapture belief is wrong and Christ returns at the end of the tribulation

I know which option I choose.

Last edited:

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
And the sixth Angel poured out his upon the great river Euphrates and the water thereof was dried up
that the way of the Kings of the East might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs
come out of the mouth of the Dragon and out of the mouth of the Beast and out of the mouth of the
false Prophet. For they are spirits of Devils working miracles which go forth unto the Kings of the Earth
and of the whole world to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Behold I come as a thief Blessed is he that watcheth and keepeth his garments lest he walk naked and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew Tongue Armageddon.

REV 16 12-16 KJV

For you know yourselves that the day of the Lord cometh as a Thief in the night
For when they shall say Peace and Safety then sudden destruction cometh upon them
as travail upon a Woman with Child and they shall not escape. But ye brethren are not in darkness
that the day should overtake you as a thief

I Thess 4 :3-4 KJV

Please also refer to Matthew 24 :29-31

If the Rapture is meant to come before the Tribulation starts its strange that the warning about coming as a thief is found in the middle of a description of Armageddon which the Pre Trib Rapture is meant to avoid among other things.

There are the following explanations to consider

The warning was put in the wrong place
There are more than one rapture where Christ comes as a thief
Armageddon happens before the rapture and Tribulation
The Pre Trib Rapture belief is wrong and Christ returns at the end of the tribulation

I know which option I choose.
Thanks for the explanation with biblical backings sir,.
The second coming of Christ is meant to pick up His saints (Matt. 24: 40-41, Luke 35:35-36), after these the anti Christ will come, rule for a period of 7 years (the great tribulations). (Revelations 13v16-18 ) will be fulfilled. After the reign of the anti Christ (7years), Jesus will come with His saints for judgement, followed by millennial reign upon earth.