Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I get what your saying tdw but at Acts 1:11 this was a "visible" ascension and His coming back a second time will also be a "visble" return. I'm not concerned with John 20:17 as to whether He was actually seen ascending or not seen. I don't see what that has to do with Acts 1:11?
I'm afraid I didn't write that part very clearly. Allow me to clarify if I can:

--ON FIRSTFRUITS (His Resurrection Day), He fulfilled FF (Lev23:10-12) by His "I ASCEND [ACTIVE]" (John 20:17 and elsewhere), which took place without anyone seeing Him do that [THAT VERY DAY] (He merely told MM to go "SAY UNTO" the disciples... and they were expected to "believe" that word of testimony)

--40-DAYS LATER (Acts 1:11), He VISIBLY went up into Heaven (and the words there, describing His visible ascension in that "40-day-later" setting) are "passive" and "middle/passive" voice. THIS context, as they said, is how He "shall so come in like manner AS YE HAVE SEEN Him going into Heaven" (that is, VISIBLY, just like Matthew 24:29-31 states, esp v.30): His Second Coming to the earth.

[two separate "ascensions"]

I'll get back to your other question a little later. :)

Jul 23, 2018
A Jew is not one outwardly pertaining to the flesh but one inwardly born of the Spirit of Christ. If any man Jew or Gentile have not the eternal Spirit of Christ than neither do they belong to Him as born again

Its never about what the eyes see

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Really? So what tribe you from?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Right.

Romans 2:29 says, "For he is a Jew, which IS ONE inwardly...," not "one is a Jew inwardly" (as in, "any and all saved persons, whether they are Jew or Gentile, is a Jew inwardly"; no, not the context, here).

Huge difference.

Mar 28, 2016
Really? So what tribe you from?
The tribe of those who have the eternal Spirit of Christ.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

What tribe are you from?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
The tribe of those who have the eternal Spirit of Christ.

What tribe are you from?
Umn garee, your taking Romans 8:9 out of context as it relates to the second coming/rapture. The idea of the verse is that Christians are not to walk in the flesh because the fleshy mind is carnal and resents the will of God. It is "self-centered" and cannot please God. But if the Spirit of God is in us, we are enabled to live above the desires of the flesh; if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to God.

If you read the context notice what vs10 states, "And if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness." And at vs23, redemption of the body is a future hope when Jesus Christ returns at the second coming.

Now, I have a question for you? Jesus is in heaven right now does He have a body of flesh and bone? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
I will look it up,but i believe it says "appointed"
It does appear us pretribs miss that appointment lol.
But by skewing that verse as pivotal,you also need to factor in all those that were raised from the dead and died again. I would say it is a non issue.
Not sure what your second question is.
But i will tell you this,those in heaven are comforted and are with Jesus DURING the trib. So rest would be present also in heaven during the trib
Still waiting absolutely for an answer to my question at Hebrews 9:28. I have a second question along the same lines. This from Revelation 20:5. The time frame is the tribulation period and the verse says, "The rest of the dead did not come to life UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS ARE COMPLETED. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION." Now, according to you would this be the "rapture" of the church? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Still waiting absolutely for an answer to my question at Hebrews 9:28. I have a second question along the same lines. This from Revelation 20:5. The time frame is the tribulation period and the verse says, "The rest of the dead did not come to life UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS ARE COMPLETED. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION." Now, according to you would this be the "rapture" of the church? :eek:
No, it's not "the Rapture". (Recall, "[re: resurrection] but every man [/each] IN HIS OWN ORDER" meaning there is a SEQUENCE, not merely a singular [so called, general] resurrection.) [each has its own part in it, IN HIS OWN ORDER, 1Cor15:23]

You are taking one verse out of its context and blurring the ideas together, without consideration for overall context.

Try reading it in this nkjv (just for paragraph's sake... and I inserted brackets to draw your attention to what other passages inform us of, in the even wider context of a few chapters... don't view a verse so narrowly that you miss the entire CONTEXT of what is being said, overall) -

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years
"And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead [the unsaved dead] did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This [what we're talkin' about HERE] is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ this section (particularly pt b of verse 4 [starting with the "THEN/AND I saw",) is saying that even those [saved persons] who die last of all [before His Second Coming to the earth, to judge and to reign] will have a part in "the first resurrection" (that is, OF LIFE), and thus will be present in the earthly MK at its inauguration! (not one saint will be ABSENT or LEFT OUT! ALL, even THESE who died LAST, will be present there)

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
No, it's not "the Rapture". (Recall, "[re: resurrection] but every man [/each] IN HIS OWN ORDER" meaning there is a SEQUENCE, not merely a singular [so called, general] resurrection.) [each has its own part in it, IN HIS OWN ORDER, 1Cor15:23]

You are taking one verse out of its context and blurring the ideas together, without consideration for overall context.

Try reading it in this nkjv (just for paragraph's sake... and I inserted brackets to draw your attention to what other passages inform us of, in the even wider context of a few chapters... don't view a verse so narrowly that you miss the entire CONTEXT of what is being said, overall) -

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years
"And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead [the unsaved dead] did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This [what we're talkin' about HERE] is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."
I know there is a sequence/order but not the way you mean it by inserting the rapture. There is a sequence/order at 1 Thessaloni8ans 4:13-17. Paul explains the order at vs14 that God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep/died in Jesus. Then at vs15, "that we who are alive, and remain until until the coming/second coming of the Lord, shall NOT precede those who have fallen asleep." There's your order or sequence if you will clearly spelled out.

Now, what about the sequence/order of Revelation 20:5? Yes, it does say at vs5, "This is the first resurrection." This is referring back to vs4 of the resurrection of the saints and martyrs, the first resurrection. Not to be confused from the second and last "the general resurrection" when all the dead will be "literally" raised up from their graves and assembled FOR THE JUDGEMENT.

This is spelled out at Revelation 20:11,12, i.e the great white throne judgment. In other words, this general resurrection for judgement "resembles" the first resurrection if you will. Again, there is only one second coming/resurrection just like Hebrews 9:28 says, here at Revelation 20:5, 1 Thess 4:13-17, Matthew 24:3, on the last day/end of the world. I think I have this pretty well all sewed up, don't you? Quit "rollowing" your eyes tdw, :rolleyes: PS: I will be addressing the 10 virgin issue soon.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Jul 23, 2018

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Looked it up in KJV and in my textus receptus greek.
He appears in the rapture. He appears in the rapture at rev14 during the trib. He appears at the end of the trib.
He returns at the end of the trib with the saints.

and there is no resurrection at rev 20.
Those in heaven were there for years. "This" is a group, not a pinpoint in time .
kai kai G2532 Conj AND also ezhsan ezEsan G2198 vi Aor Act 3 Pl THEY-LIVE kai kai G2532 Conj AND ebasileusan ebasileusan G936 vi Aor Act 3 Pl reign meta meta G3326 Prep WITH cristou christou G5547 n_ Gen Sg m ANOINTED Christ

Mar 28, 2016
Umn garee, your taking Romans 8:9 out of context as it relates to the second coming/rapture. The idea of the verse is that Christians are not to walk in the flesh because the fleshy mind is carnal and resents the will of God. It is "self-centered" and cannot please God. But if the Spirit of God is in us, we are enabled to live above the desires of the flesh; if we do not have the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to God.

If you read the context notice what vs10 states, "And if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness." And at vs23, redemption of the body is a future hope when Jesus Christ returns at the second coming.

Now, I have a question for you? Jesus is in heaven right now does He have a body of flesh and bone? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
If any man has not the eternal Spirit of Christ, then at any time they do not belong to Christ as new creatures. They will not be raised to new incorruptible spirit life on the last day.

And in regard to the temporal flesh..... first God is not a man as us, and secondly he will not appear for a second demonstration of the work of His unseen Spirit in temporal flesh ever again.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.2 Corinthians 5:16-17

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Very quick to dismiss others. This is not a foolish point:

The souls of believers are resurrected before their bodies can see decay (after 3 days and 3 nights) and they indwell the hearts/minds of living believers. The living believers are the many rooms that Jesus promised to prepare for us. The hearts/minds of living believers is what is called God's dwelling place or the Holy temple and it is from this place (here on earth) that the earth dwellers are judged. It is from within living believers hearts that tribulation saints are delivering judgement together with the Lord; In Revelation, we see the tribulation saints or their prayers being thrown down on earth dwellers at the 7th seal.

Isa 26:
1In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:

We have a strong city;
God makes salvation
its walls and ramparts.
2Open the gates
that the righteous nation may enter,
the nation that keeps faith.
3You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.
4Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
13 Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us,
but your name alone do we honor.
14They are now dead, they live no more;
their spirits do not rise
You punished them and brought them to ruin;
you wiped out all memory of them.

19But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while

until his wrath has passed by.
21See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
If any man has not the eternal Spirit of Christ, then at any time they do not belong to Christ as new creatures. They will not be raised to new incorruptible spirit life on the last day.

And in regard to the temporal flesh..... first God is not a man as us, and secondly he will not appear for a second demonstration of the work of His unseen Spirit in temporal flesh ever again.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.2 Corinthians 5:16-17
So garee, what does this have to do with the subject of the OP, the rapture? What your talking about has to do with salvation and when you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior you do become a new creature. And if God is not a man then how come Jesus Christ is a man since He is God? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Mar 28, 2016

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
The time frame in that parable (Revelation 20) using the metaphor "thousand years" represents a unknown. We walk by faith, as a wonder (unknown)

Those in heaven were there for years. "This" is a group, that entered the new heavenly Jerusalem prepared as His bride the church .Their graves were opened according to the promise Ezekiel 37:13. It began when Christ said; "it was finished" the demonstration is over, all the old testament saints that were awaiting beforehand the trial of their suffering savior received the promise shown in Matthew 27:53. And appeared before many angels in that heavenly city .

Ezekiel 37:13And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Matthew 27:53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

From that time forward up until the last day.... to be absent of the flesh is to present with the Lord in the new heavenly Jerusalem, again prepared as His one chaste virgin bride the church. The rest of the dead as those who did die in Christ that are still alive on earth lived not again until life was given to those who fell asleep in Christ. Both parties who did not experience the second death come together and in the twinkling of the eye will be changed forever more, as one resurrection. It would appear that those who say two resurrections as a second, confuse it with the second death

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.Revelation 20:5-6

The Amil position(no literal thousand years) seems to work the best for reconciling the spiritual meaning of that parable.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Very quick to dismiss others. This is not a foolish point:

The souls of believers are resurrected before their bodies can see decay (after 3 days and 3 nights) and they indwell the hearts/minds of living believers. The living believers are the many rooms that Jesus promised to prepare for us. The hearts/minds of living believers is what is called God's dwelling place or the Holy temple and it is from this place (here on earth) that the earth dwellers are judged. It is from within living believers hearts that tribulation saints are delivering judgement together with the Lord; In Revelation, we see the tribulation saints or their prayers being thrown down on earth dwellers at the 7th seal.

Isa 26:
1In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:
^ This is how I understand chpt 26. It starts out with "IN THAT DAY," Just like Isaiah 24:21-23 does also (which I've supplied in past posts, particularly vv.16-21 ["birth PANGS"]), and [this chpt] is contrasting those who WILL enter and enjoy the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom [the righteous, of them] (promised to Israel, but Gentiles will be "invited" also, to enjoy it). by contrast, "the dead [unrighteous/wicked of earlier verses, those who] WILL NOT live, the departed spirits [same] will not rise"... [to enter and enjoy the MK]; here's more of that section:

Isaiah 26 [bsb] -

9 My soul longs for You in the night;
indeed, my spirit within me diligently seeks You.
For when Your judgments come upon the earth,
the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
10 Though grace is shown to the wicked man,
he does not learn righteousness.

In the land of righteousness he acts unjustly
and fails to see
the majesty of the LORD.
11 O LORD, Your hand is upraised,
but they do not see it.
They will see Your zeal for Your people,
and be put to shame.
The fire set for Your enemies
will consume them!
12 O LORD, You will establish peace for us,
for, indeed, all that we have accomplished,
You have done for us.
13 O LORD our God, other lords besides You have had dominion,
but Your name alone do we confess.
14 The dead will not live;
the departed spirits will not rise.
Therefore You have punished and destroyed them; [Isaiah 24:21-23; see also parallel Rev19:19/16:14-16]
You have wiped out all memory of them. [the wicked will NOT "rise" to enter the MK to enjoy it along with the righteous]
15 You have enlarged the nation, O LORD; [singular nation, here]
You have increased the nation.
You are glorified.
You have extended the borders of the land.
16 O LORD, they [Israel], sought You in their distress; [see also Hosea 5:15-6:3 Israel's FUTURE]
when You disciplined them, they poured out a quiet prayer.
17 As a woman with child and about to give birth
writhes and cries out in pain,
that is how we were [Israel's past, and (birth PANGS) again in their future]
in Your presence, O LORD.
18 We were pregnant, we writhed in pain,
we gave birth to wind.
We have brought no salvation to the earth,
nor brought any life into the world.

[the passage goes on to explain the "future" birth PANGS, the "future" plans God has for them, on the earth "IN THAT DAY" (future time period)--I've also supplied Isa27:12-13 which tells of their being gathered "ONE BY ONE" at the "GREAT" trumpet, TO JERUSALEM, per Matt24:29-31 / Isa24:12-23 (that is, AFTER the trib), and others...]

Mar 28, 2016
So garee, what does this have to do with the subject of the OP, the rapture? What your talking about has to do with salvation and when you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior you do become a new creature. And if God is not a man then how come Jesus Christ is a man since He is God? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
I think it reflects on how can we hear what God says to the churches us, according to his prescriptions. Seeing we walk by faith, the unseen eternal, and not after the things seen, the flesh

I would offer Jesus as the Son of man as that seen was used for a one time demonstration of the work of Christ not seen .as the Son of God.

The flesh of the Son of man did not profit as if it was words of eternal life of the Spirit . His temporal flesh and blood represented the work of the Spirit of anointing, the Spirit Christ.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.John 6 63

Peter was given the faith to belive God confirmed it, he did not walk away in unbelief (no faith ) as did the other disciples .

In effect Peter was given the faith to understand the spiritual meaning of that parable hid from natural man

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time
many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.John 6:65-68

Different group look to the flesh as something that did profit not understanding the parable; "eat my flesh drink my blood "... missing the spiritual meaning hid in that parable . The Catholic who misinterpret the parable say we must drink the literal blood through some work of their fathers as priests . While the Jehovah Witnesses misinterpret the parable forbid a person from any literal blood to include blood transfusion.

The life of the flesh is in the blood but literal blood without the spirit essence of life is dead.

In Job 9 we are shown directly that God the Creator who has no beginning of days or end of Spirit life could never become a creation as us.

For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both Job 9:32-33

A daysman is defined a fleshly umpire set between God not seen, and man seen, to infallibly declare the will of God. The Pope sits in that seat making himself out to be god.

The son of man pertaining to the flesh would not receive worship in respect to His flesh seen .when approached as good master n knowing one is our master as a infallible teacher not seen is in heaven as in no man can serve two teaching masters. the eternal things of God not seen, and those of men the temporal as that seen.

As a representitive glory. He gave glory to the father not seen, our one master in Heaven

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Therefore although the Son of man was led by the Spirit of Christ that worked in him to both will and do the good pleasure of the Father as the Son of God, not seen. He abides as the High Priest of our calling, continually without beginning and end as supernatural (no nature)

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
^ This is how I understand chpt 26. It starts out with "IN THAT DAY," Just like Isaiah 24:21-23 does also (which I've supplied in past posts, particularly vv.16-21 ["birth PANGS"]), and [this chpt] is contrasting those who WILL enter and enjoy the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom [the righteous, of them] (promised to Israel, but Gentiles will be "invited" also, to enjoy it). by contrast, "the dead [unrighteous/wicked of earlier verses, those who] WILL NOT live, the departed spirits [same] will not rise"... [to enter and enjoy the MK]; here's more of that section:

Isaiah 26 [bsb] -

9 My soul longs for You in the night;
indeed, my spirit within me diligently seeks You.
For when Your judgments come upon the earth,
the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
10 Though grace is shown to the wicked man,
he does not learn righteousness.

In the land of righteousness he acts unjustly
and fails to see
the majesty of the LORD.
11 O LORD, Your hand is upraised,
but they do not see it.
They will see Your zeal for Your people,
and be put to shame.
The fire set for Your enemies
will consume them!
12 O LORD, You will establish peace for us,
for, indeed, all that we have accomplished,
You have done for us.
13 O LORD our God, other lords besides You have had dominion,
but Your name alone do we confess.
14 The dead will not live;
the departed spirits will not rise.
Therefore You have punished and destroyed them; [Isaiah 24:21-23; see also parallel Rev19:19/16:14-16]
You have wiped out all memory of them. [the wicked will NOT "rise" to enter the MK to enjoy it along with the righteous]
15 You have enlarged the nation, O LORD; [singular nation, here]
You have increased the nation.
You are glorified.
You have extended the borders of the land.
16 O LORD, they [Israel], sought You in their distress; [see also Hosea 5:15-6:3 Israel's FUTURE]
when You disciplined them, they poured out a quiet prayer.
17 As a woman with child and about to give birth
writhes and cries out in pain,
that is how we were [Israel's past, and (birth PANGS) again in their future]
in Your presence, O LORD.
18 We were pregnant, we writhed in pain,
we gave birth to wind.
We have brought no salvation to the earth,
nor brought any life into the world.

[the passage goes on to explain the "future" birth PANGS, the "future" plans God has for them, on the earth "IN THAT DAY" (future time period)--I've also supplied Isa27:12-13 which tells of their being gathered "ONE BY ONE" at the "GREAT" trumpet, TO JERUSALEM, per Matt24:29-31 / Isa24:12-23 (that is, AFTER the trib), and others...]
Your explanation doesn't make sense, the context of this chapter is very simple- God has developed a city so strong it will survive the wrath and all the dead in Christ will rise and each is advised to go in an lock themselves in the rooms prepared for them until the wrath has passed away.
I have already explained in this forum how this city is built- it is the 144000 faithful believers who will not taste death because they will be marked by God during the time of wrath. These are also called the church of Philadelphia, every other believer dies and their soul is resurrected and caught up with the Lord and will forever be with the Lord in the hearts of these 144000. The bible has also expressly called these 144k the dwelling place of God:

Rev 21: 2 I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.

What we don't see in Isaiah 26 is people flying away to escape the wrath and the idea that it applies to Israel as a nation or tribal Jews falls flat because it is talking about the dead in Christ being raised and protected from the wrath.

It is not about your understanding, there's only one understanding and in case you didn't know, Judah (even the tribal Judah in history) has always represented the 144000 faithful believers who God protects from His wrath, the rest of the believers are always represented as Jerusalem - Jerusalem (majority of believers) must die because of their unfaithfulness and through the fire their faith must be refined. There was no or will there be a third group that flies off in rapture.

This is why Jesus said "... if you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, let those in Judea flee to the mountains..." . Judah is also the woman in Revelation given wings to fly away from trib' but her offsprings that must die are Jerusalem- Jerusalem never understands but God still loves her.

see Jeremeiah 24 in my next post, it clearly explains the two groups.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jer 24:
1After Jehoiachina son of Jehoiakim king of Judah and the officials, the skilled workers and the artisans of Judah were carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, the Lordshowed me two baskets of figs placed in front of the temple of the Lord. 2One basket had very good figs, like those that ripen early; the other basket had very bad figs, so bad they could not be eaten.

3Then the Lord asked me, “What do you see, Jeremiah?”

“Figs,” I answered. “The good ones are very good, but the bad ones are so bad they cannot be eaten.”

4Then the word of the Lord came to me: 5“This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians.b 6My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

8“ ‘But like the bad figs, which are so bad they cannot be eaten,’ says the Lord, ‘so will I deal with Zedekiah king of Judah, his officials and the survivors from Jerusalem, whether they remain in this land or live in Egypt.9I will make them abhorrent and an offense to all the kingdoms of the earth, a reproach and a byword, a cursec and an object of ridicule, wherever I banish them. 10I will send the sword, famine and plague against them until they are destroyed from the land I gave to them and their ancestors.’ ”

There's only two groups, faithful believers (remnant of Judah/ Judah/ Church of Philadelphia aka the 144k believers) and unfaithful believers (Jerusalem/ church of Smyrna/ tribulation saints). There's no other group.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Your explanation doesn't make sense, the context of this chapter is very simple- God has developed a city so strong it will survive the wrath and all the dead in Christ will rise and each is advised to go in an lock themselves in the rooms prepared for them until the wrath has passed away.
[as a pre-tribber] even *I do not believe THIS passage is a RAPTURE reference. At all.

--the context is "IN THAT DAY"

--the context is Israel and what they've been promised

--the context ['rise' (pictured as 'thy dead shall LIVE, with my dead body shall they ARISE')] is parallel with the OTHER passages regarding Israel coming up out of the "graveyard of nations" (to THEIR [earthly] promises), which verses I believe I've listed previously...

...[ALL pertaining to ISRAEL's FUTURE]: Ezekiel 37:12-14,20-23 [note these are STILL-LIVING persons]; Daniel 12:1-4,10 [note what these STILL-LIVING persons go on TO DO (timing is supplied here [esp.vv.1,6-7])]; Romans 11:15[25-29] [regarding ISRAEL also]; John 6:39 [distinct from verse 40]; Hosea 5:15-6:3 ["in their [Israel's] affliction, they will seek Me early/earnestly," note how the words "revive," and "raise," and "live" are used here, also]; Isa26:16-21 [presently under discussion]; note also Luke 22:30,16,18 and its parallel Matthew 19:28 (and where Matthew 25:31-34,40 supplies the TIMING of THAT verse; as well as Matthew 26:29 provides parallel to the Luke 22 verses I just supplied--all of these providing the timing/setting of that future earthly time of fulfillment/being-realized, that is, His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, promised to Israel [but to which Gentiles are also "invited"]). Note also Rev12's "FLEE" verses, parallel with Matt24:16 and context.

Isaiah 26 is part of a bigger context (regarding Israel in the future), and is NOT a "Rapture ['in the air']" (pertaining to "the Church which is His body" solely!) passage/context.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
[as a pre-tribber] even *I do not believe THIS passage is a RAPTURE reference. At all.

--the context is "IN THAT DAY"

--the context is Israel and what they've been promised

--the context ['rise' (pictured as 'thy dead shall LIVE, with my dead body shall they ARISE')] is parallel with the OTHER passages regarding Israel coming up out of the "graveyard of nations" (to THEIR [earthly] promises), which verses I believe I've listed previously...

...[ALL pertaining to ISRAEL's FUTURE]: Ezekiel 37:12-14,20-23 [note these are STILL-LIVING persons]; Daniel 12:1-4,10 [note what these STILL-LIVING persons go on TO DO (timing is supplied here [esp.vv.1,6-7])]; Romans 11:15[25-29] [regarding ISRAEL also]; John 6:39 [distinct from verse 40]; Hosea 5:15-6:3 ["in their [Israel's] affliction, they will seek Me early/earnestly," note how the words "revive," and "raise," and "live" are used here, also]; Isa26:16-21 [presently under discussion]; note also Luke 22:30,16,18 and its parallel Matthew 19:28 (and where Matthew 25:31-34,40 supplies the TIMING of THAT verse; as well as Matthew 26:29 provides parallel to the Luke 22 verses I just supplied--all of these providing the timing/setting of that future earthly time of fulfillment/being-realized, that is, His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, promised to Israel [but to which Gentiles are also "invited"]). Note also Rev12's "FLEE" verses, parallel with Matt24:16 and context.

Isaiah 26 is part of a bigger context (regarding Israel in the future), and is NOT a "Rapture ['in the air']" (pertaining to "the Church which is His body" solely!) passage/context.
Isaiah 26 is about the dead in the Lord rising up and being protected from the wrath. So you believe dead Jews will resurrected and be protected from the wrath?!