RE;JUST THINK ALL HUMANITY WERE IN HEAVEN BEFORE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2020
BEEN THINKING WHY WHEN ONE IS DEAD AND BEING BURRIED, THE PRIEST SAY SOUL RETURN TO MAKER AND BODY BACK TO SOIL.THIS MAKES ME TO START THINKING THAT ALL HUMANITY WERE IN HEAVEN AND GOD CHANGED HIS MIND WHEN SATAN REBELLED AGAINST HIM BY PASSING HUMAN THOUGH PURIFICATION OF BEING BORN INTO THIS WORLD, GO THROUGH CHALLENGES AND BE REDEEMED THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.THIS CREATES AUTOMATIC FILTER FOR YOU TO GO BACK AGAIN TO HEAVEN. I DONT KNOW, IM JUST THINKING THIS WAY.THOSE WHO CONTINUE WITH REBELLION WILL JOIN SATAN IN HELL>>>

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Ugh. Turn that caps button off, please. And no clue why you title your threads starting with "re". That usually means you're responding to something previously said. You aren't responding to anything.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
In the Bible Discussion Forum, we support our ideas with the Bible, not what a priest says at a funeral, and with not wild speculations.

I do not believe we were in heaven before we were born. The Bible says nothing of the sort. Or, if you think the Bible says that, then post the verse, with the address, book, chapter and verse. Then we can discuss this further.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
All cultures have their norms and standards. All Christians use a standard from God contained in Scripture. It is the test as to whether something I’d true or not. If an idea cannot be confirmed with Scripture, its best to go with what the Bible says, and not be swayed by opinion.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Jakotis, first off, WOW, is that your house cat with you in your avatar picture :)

As to whether or not we were alive in someway spiritually prior to our conception, the Christian church has always said no (there are no "soul banks" in Heaven). The LDS/Mormon church, on the other hand, says yes (of course, they believe that EVERYTHING, all matter and energy, and EVERYONE has been in existence from everlasting, IOW, that we are all like God, w/o beginning or end of days).

Our spirits returning to God simply means that they return to the One who created them when He created the rest of us.

Genesis 2
7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Psalm 139
13 You formed my inward parts;
You wove me [knitted me together] in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.​

God bless you!

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Also, I see that you are still pretty new around here, but I don't believe that I've ever said hi, so welcome to CChat :)

God bless you!

~Deut

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Could this be it?

1 John 2:13, KJV: "I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father."

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Could this be it?

1 John 2:13, KJV: "I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father."
Hello @49, the Apostle John made it clear who the Epistle of First John was written to in v13, IOW, that what he had written, at least up to that point of First John anyway (Chapters 1 & 2), was for the entire church/believers at all levels of maturity in the Christian faith (he even included himself when he spoke of ongoing sin and, therefore, a believer's ongoing need for forgiveness .. see 1 John 1:8-2:1).

So I don't believe that v13 has anything to do with our spirits/souls being created beforehand in Heaven, or did I misunderstand what you were getting at perhaps :unsure: (very sorry if I did)

Thanks!

~Deut

Apr 5, 2020
In a physical or metaphysical form of soul, I do not believe we were in existence in Heaven. As a mental thought concerning each one of us unto God who would be born, we definitely existed since God pre-knew us before we ever were.

Oct 25, 2018
BEEN THINKING WHY WHEN ONE IS DEAD AND BEING BURRIED, THE PRIEST SAY SOUL RETURN TO MAKER AND BODY BACK TO SOIL.THIS MAKES ME TO START THINKING THAT ALL HUMANITY WERE IN HEAVEN AND GOD CHANGED HIS MIND WHEN SATAN REBELLED AGAINST HIM BY PASSING HUMAN THOUGH PURIFICATION OF BEING BORN INTO THIS WORLD, GO THROUGH CHALLENGES AND BE REDEEMED THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.THIS CREATES AUTOMATIC FILTER FOR YOU TO GO BACK AGAIN TO HEAVEN. I DONT KNOW, IM JUST THINKING THIS WAY.THOSE WHO CONTINUE WITH REBELLION WILL JOIN SATAN IN HELL>>>
God doesn’t change His mind. Numbers 23:19

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
In a physical or metaphysical form of soul, I do not believe we were in existence in Heaven. As a mental thought concerning each one of us unto God who would be born, we definitely existed since God pre-knew us before we ever were.
Hi Biker, I agree, and one of the most amazing things about that is the fact that He has loved us (those of us who He knew would be His own) from everlasting. IOW, there was never a time in eternity past when He did not love us, nor will there ever be such a time now, or in the eternity to come :)

As pastor/theologian Charles H. Spurgeon once said,

"Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night" ~Spurgeon, C.H., Morning and Evening, Evening, February 27th

~Deut

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I will admit in my personal time with him in those quiet intimate moments there does seem to be someething vaguely familiar to about him to me but I don't think that is in scripture. I mean it would be amazing if we had known him before and we ourselves don't remember him but our spirits do however the only scripture I can think of that would have any validation at all is Jeremiah 1:5
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

However while this could be interpreted as such it also could simply mean he had intended to make him as he was not that he was actually made before hand. But I do hold on to the hope that this vauge familiarity of mine will one day be like oh yeah I remember now XD

Apr 15, 2017
Nobody's soul was with God before Adam and Eve, for there were no souls yet, and nobody's soul went to God in the Old Testament, but in the New Testament the soul goes to God for to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, which there are saints whose souls are under the altar in heaven waiting for all the saints to join them and then Jesus will avenge them.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When God breathed in to Adam then he became a living soul, not before that time.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The only beings with God when He started creation were the angels, and God said to Job where were you when I started creation so Job's soul was not there.

If we were with God before creation God would of not created an earth for us to be on, but we would of been like the angels having a choice then, and no purpose for the earth.

Apr 5, 2020
Hi Biker, I agree, and one of the most amazing things about that is the fact that He has loved us (those of us who He knew would be His own) from everlasting. IOW, there was never a time in eternity past when He did not love us, nor will there ever be such a time now, or in the eternity to come :)

As pastor/theologian Charles H. Spurgeon once said,

"Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night" ~Spurgeon, C.H., Morning and Evening, Evening, February 27th

~Deut

AMEN Brother!

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello again Biker, Spurgeon has a way with words, doesn't he! Of course, how much more so, the Lord, whose words he was always responding to whenever he wrote or preached things like that :)

I forgot to add this verse to my last post, so I'll do so now.

Jeremiah 31
3 The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying,
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.”

~Deut

You are loved with an everlasting love, that's what the Bible says,
and underneath are the everlasting arms

Missionary Elisabeth Elliot

Apr 5, 2020
Hello again Biker, Spurgeon has a way with words, doesn't he! Of course, how much more so, the Lord, whose words he was always responding to whenever he wrote or preached things like that :)

I forgot to add this verse to my last post, so I'll do so now.

Jeremiah 31
3 The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying,
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.”

~Deut

You are loved with an everlasting love, that's what the Bible says,
and underneath are the everlasting arms

Missionary Elisabeth Elliot

We were on God's mind when He began speaking everything into Existence/Creation. He wanted us so much, He began the process for us to be with Him. And before that, He chose to die for us. How someone could refuse Him is beyond me. It saddens me to think people choose to deny Him!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
In the Bible Discussion Forum, we support our ideas with the Bible, not what a priest says at a funeral, and with not wild speculations.

I do not believe we were in heaven before we were born. The Bible says nothing of the sort. Or, if you think the Bible says that, then post the verse, with the address, book, chapter and verse. Then we can discuss this further.
Address?

I know book, chapter, and verse but I'm not sure what the address is.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Address?

I know book, chapter, and verse but I'm not sure what the address is.
The address IS the book, chapter and verse. Are you toying with me Grandpa? Surely you know what an address in the Bible is!

Hello @49, the Apostle John made it clear who the Epistle of First John was written to in v13, IOW, that what he had written, at least up to that point of First John anyway (Chapters 1 & 2), was for the entire church/believers at all levels of maturity in the Christian faith (he even included himself when he spoke of ongoing sin and, therefore, a believer's ongoing need for forgiveness .. see 1 John 1:8-2:1).

So I don't believe that v13 has anything to do with our spirits/souls being created beforehand in Heaven, or did I misunderstand what you were getting at perhaps :unsure: (very sorry if I did)

Thanks!

~Deut

No misunderstanding, and thanks. Was in response to the OP as to how the thought may have come to be as a result of passages such as 1 John 2:13. :)