Re: Letter To My Son

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
RE: Letter To My Son
I have a wonderful son. He loves the Lord and has his
own family. Truly great husband and father.

Maybe it is his Engineering mind that makes him act
indifferent with me. Like all men, left brain.... Ladies
right brain? No, I doubt that is it. This is what I think
happened. ( Where is Counselor when you need one?)

I was a strict Christian mother. We were in Church 3x's
a week and he attended Christian school. Too much Church?
Maybe, I don't know. I know he really had a heart for people.
He was so easy to raise.

There comes a time in a Christians life when they have to
find the Lord Jesus for themselves. There is no getting to
Heaven on parents coat tails. A quote: God has no Grandchildren.

As an adult he has truly sought the Lord for himself. But,
somewhere along the line of raising him, I scarred him, if
that is possible. He is indifferent with me and I would like
for him to just come out and say it. The not knowing kills me.
I try not to let it bother me, but it does.

One time after his sister died, I was at his home for a family
function and something he said hurt me. I recall the tears
welling up in my eyes, the pain in my heart was deep. As
my husband and I were driving down their street, I pondered
what had just happen. God spoke to my spirit. He said,
" You have one daughter lying in her grave now, do you really
want to have ill feelings toward your only son ?" That did
it for me, and I got over it.

Mothers aren't perfect. We do what we think best for our
children. I admire my son for the man of God he is. I just
can't quit hurting when it appears I have said the wrong
thing or he leaves without a hug, or good-bye.

I know if this were put on Misc., I would get all kinds of
guys who would tell me where I went wrong. Things like
well, you were a strict Christian. See, you ruined him. ETC.
Yeah, I guess I did. I love him.

What do I want from my son? Love that I can feel when
I am in his presence. Even 'LIKE' me. Is that too much
to ask for ?
 
I think it is too much to ask for. I also have an engineering son. He is also wonderful. He doesn't communicate with anyone very well. He even told me he would never come to my house again one time, and he hasn't since. Now he is dying with cancer.

You and I love our son. Our Lord loves us. With that love for us He lets us free to make our own choices. We must do the same for our son.

I just got an email from his wife, saying his voice is gone, now, he can't speak on the phone, but he wishes he could. We can never know what is truly in their heart.

Whenever I think of him I send him the blessing that the Lord gives us in Numbers 6:24 to 26, that starts "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make His face to shine on you----you know the scripture.
 
Thank you RedTent, for your wise words. I am so sorry about your son
having cancer. It is a strange feeling to feel we want to pull
the words out of our own adult child " I love you."
God bless you, I know your heart has been broken. The old adage,
They step on our toes when they are little, and the step on our heart
when they grow up. May the Lord bless you for your strong, loving
spirit. And I pray for your son. Again I am so sorry. ~
 
I know both of you have done something many weren't able to do, raise them to be in a career. I think engineers are precise, so if they don't react as you would expect them to, it's most likey they don't want to make a mistake. Maybe constructing us into better individuals. God Bless you mom's and your families. I don't know, never had a son, two daughters. :)