Reading comprehension test

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The following true/false question will be based upon this statement:

"Employers need to pay workers a living wage, and those who are too lazy to work should not receive food, housing, or healthcare".

According to this statement:

1. The speaker is a bleeding heart scum sucking commie liberal who thinks rich people should be pillaged to provide for the things the lazy are not willing to work for.

True or False?

Feb 28, 2016
11TIM. 3:10.
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

the general Bible principle is a 'just weight and balance',..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

"Employers need to pay workers a living wage, and those who are too lazy to work should not receive food, housing, or healthcare".

1. The speaker is a bleeding heart scum sucking commie liberal who thinks rich people should be pillaged to provide for the things the lazy are not willing to work for.

True or False?
Probably just a bleeding heart liberal but not a scum sucking commie liberal.
The answer is False.

Feb 28, 2016
comment -
'Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were'...

S

SpoonJuly

The question is---
Who determines what is a livable wage?
What is included in livable?
Smart phones?
Internet?
Satellite tv?
Car payment?
House payment?
College fund for kids?

Is it the necessity of life or an middle class lifestyle?

Feb 28, 2016
'If you Love Me, Keep My Commandments' -

ROMANS 15:27.
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The question is---
Who determines what is a livable wage?
What is included in livable?
Smart phones?
Internet?
Satellite tv?
Car payment?
House payment?
College fund for kids?

Is it the necessity of life or an middle class lifestyle?
A roof that isn't a tent, food that is more than ramen noodles, and healthcare that is more than a box of bandaids. That's what a living wage gets you. Not all the fluff and bells that are unnecessary to survive. That's a living wage and yes the number goes up and down according to the cost of living in different areas.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
'If you Love Me, Keep My Commandments' -

ROMANS 15:27.
Yes, BUT THAT IS ONLY HALF THE EQUATION. That seems to be the huge problem these days. People are only willing to look at half of the equation.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Probably just a bleeding heart liberal but not a scum sucking commie liberal.
The answer is False.
The quote is actually a summation of numerous Bible verses. So I guess that makes God a bleeding heart - but not commie - liberal.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah............ I HATES ALL DEM SCUMSUCKING, FREELOADING, WORTHLESS BUMS! STRING 'EM UP I SAY.............LET'S BE RID OF 'EM I SAY!

..........hmm..........isn't that just a wee bit Eugenics?

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

True or False?
If they are federal govt. employees, they are lazy and receive more than a living wage, plus healthcare, pension and all that. And they can't be fired!

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

True or False?
A Bleeding heart liberal would not be concerned would about the lazy. Our welfare and heath care system supports a lot who are lazy and they don't seem to mind that as a whole.

And yes "Employers need to pay workers a living wage" which would cover our needs.

In regards to health care and welfare; if one's economy will support such by all means. Ours in my opinion does not. Welfare and the healthcare system should be self supporting or come from the people voluntarily not from tax payer's monies.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
A Bleeding heart liberal would not be concerned would about the lazy. Our welfare and heath care system supports a lot who are lazy and they don't seem to mind that as a whole.

And yes "Employers need to pay workers a living wage" which would cover our needs.

In regards to health care and welfare; if one's economy will support such by all means. Ours in my opinion does not. Welfare and the healthcare system should be self supporting or come from the people voluntarily not from tax payer's monies.
If CEOs would pay their employees enough to afford healthcare then we wouldn't have to tap their pockets to provide it for those who are less fortunate BUT WILLING TO PUT IN AN HONEST DAY'S WORK. But when 1% of the population hoards 90% of the wealth, that's what we have to do if we don't want to live in a sickly infirm society.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It would also help if we required the medical establishment to incorporate some transfarency into their billing process!