Ready to mingle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2019
Hey everyone! I was trying to put something clever for the title, though this has nothing to do with dating (but probably has its application).

Basically, I’m at a place where I want to be better at forming relationships with others, being more social and such.

I’ve been very much a keep to myself sort of person and I want to begin branching out a bit more.

How do you guys go at forming relationships with others? Have you had difficulty? What has helped you in forming healthy relationships?

For you introverts that have become masters at this, how do you go about this in a way that isn’t draining? With the busy-ness in my life right now, sometimes all I want to do is just go home and relax for the moments of downtime I get, but there is always an inquiry for attention/relationships.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences. :)
sooo easy just talk b yourself and u will get feelings of adaqesy or not just gereral conversation will reveal all

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Introverts seem to always have so much focus on what is on their minds. They can easily block people around them. Maybe you can relax sometimes in social situations and try to look at people around you. Spare a little time to talk to people and don't be always in such a hurry. Most introverts feel that talking to people is a waste of time. Specially if those people are self absorbed. But if you want to mingle then you have to deal with people.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Hey everyone! I was trying to put something clever for the title, though this has nothing to do with dating (but probably has its application).

Basically, I’m at a place where I want to be better at forming relationships with others, being more social and such.

I’ve been very much a keep to myself sort of person and I want to begin branching out a bit more.

How do you guys go at forming relationships with others? Have you had difficulty? What has helped you in forming healthy relationships?

For you introverts that have become masters at this, how do you go about this in a way that isn’t draining? With the busy-ness in my life right now, sometimes all I want to do is just go home and relax for the moments of downtime I get, but there is always an inquiry for attention/relationships.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences. :)

I just go to events where there are common interests, for example when i was younger i used to play yu-gi-oh a lot, so i would go to local events tournaments and regional tournaments. I made a lot of friends doing that. I remember in high school, my senior year sitting down at the "nerd table" while they were playing MTG at lunch, and having them all looking at me, then back at each other again like "whats this dude doing over here?". Followed by awkward silence. I forgot what i said exactly but i saw that one of them was using a blue counter-spell deck, and i said something along the lines like "oh, blue counter-spell deck?, that's going to be tedious lol." Mind you, a person who doesn't play wouldn't know that, let alone sit there and watch, so one of them asked if i played. Long story short we had a good conversation and i ended up bringing my deck to school the next day and started playing with them, and i made a lo of new friends. If i had just shown up and had nothing in common it would have been difficult... So yea if you have any hobbies or anything you could go to events or where people gather with them, or join like Facebook groups and whatnot it should be pretty easy to make friends...
And if you want to make a whole lot of them, have a lot of interests, expand your horizon of hobbies, interests, music, content, then capitalize on them by joining social groups to support them. And after that just be yourself, people will
come.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I just go to events where there are common interests, for example when i was younger i used to play yu-gi-oh a lot, so i would go to local events tournaments and regional tournaments. I made a lot of friends doing that. I remember in high school, my senior year sitting down at the "nerd table" while they were playing MTG at lunch, and having them all looking at me, then back at each other again like "whats this dude doing over here?". Followed by awkward silence. I forgot what i said exactly but i saw that one of them was using a blue counter-spell deck, and i said something along the lines like "oh, blue counter-spell deck?, that's going to be tedious lol." Mind you, a person who doesn't play wouldn't know that, let alone sit there and watch, so one of them asked if i played. Long story short we had a good conversation and i ended up bringing my deck to school the next day and started playing with them, and i made a lo of new friends. If i had just shown up and had nothing in common it would have been difficult... So yea if you have any hobbies or anything you could go to events or where people gather with them, or join like Facebook groups and whatnot it should be pretty easy to make friends...
And if you want to make a whole lot of them, have a lot of interests, expand your horizon of hobbies, interests, music, content, then capitalize on them by joining social groups to support them. And after that just be yourself, people will
come.
Ive met alot of good friends playing Mtg myself lol cons are a good place if you can stay away from the drama and nonsense

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
i'm a fellow introvert! this past weekend, there was a lot of interactions, and i needed about 2 days to recover lol.

i'm still working out how to interact with others. i've been on the music team at my local fellowship for almost 2 years, and i still don't talk a lot with the other members other than my husband. lol. the other night, the church had an appreciation dinner for everyone who actively help ministries, and the lady who sat next to me carried a convo with me. i had to keep reminding myself to ask her questions too so she didn't feel like she was prying lol. that's my bad habit. i don't carry my side of the conversation for long. too often, i just say, "oh ok." and the convo dies lol.

i also try to keep eye contact with people. this is difficult for me. but the more i practice, the easier it gets.
I can easily relate to what you have said, especially about the recovery time.